• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

disgraciau

Oct 27, 2017
Ibiza, Balearic Islands, Spain
Oh my god, it has finally arrived, I still can't believe i'm getting a numbered Crash sequel from Warped!

EjUH_QXXkAAebQO

Family picture :3

EjUH_4aXsAIHP1V

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
So i was wondering: is the variable frame rate on PS4 base noticable? Kind of want to buy this game but i'd rather wait for a next gen version tbh. I wish there was an option to lock at 30 FPS.

Slai-Man

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any rule for boxes i don't know? Retried Booty Calls so many times and i'm always missing 1 or 2 boxes whil i'm sure i'm doing the same thing.

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
So i was wondering: is the variable frame rate on PS4 base noticable? Kind of want to buy this game but i'd rather wait for a next gen version tbh. I wish there was an option to lock at 30 FPS.

It is at times, yes. In more densely saturated areas you'll notice the 30 frames, then the angle changes into a lighter visual which results in over 40 frames. I'm fine with it but I can definitely see the put-off.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm only 4 stages in and this is already the best Crash Bandicoot game in the franchise. I'm more nostalgic for the others and they make me feel all fuzzy inside, but all the detail, challenge, gameplay and charm has already objectively bested the others.

I'm also trying to fight the urge to collect everything as I go. I need to just beat the game vanilla, and then go back for the 100% ending. Otherwise I won't beat it for months. The challenge early on is already insane in a clever way. I'm hoping my opinion holds, but so far it's a 9/10 easily.

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Am I the only one who just uses the regular skin? I don't wanna to play as a chicken, just give me Crash.

Oct 30, 2017
I've already given in to the fact I may need some walkthroughs for these gems and time trials. Haha. 12 seconds off the platinum relic on the first level.

Undrey

Oct 29, 2017

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Bruh this game tough as hell lol

Love it tho

My new favourite thing is watching fans of classic Crash playing this through for the first time. Seeing the realisation set in that they're not going to be able to breeze through these levels with no deaths and all the gems like they can in the other games is very funny to me.

It's always ONE crate missing. One FUCKING crate.

God, I wish. I'm routinely finishing levels with a dozen crates missed, and that's when I'm really trying to get them all.

Gone are the days of occasionally getting box gems without trying!

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
My new favourite thing is watching fans of classic Crash playing this through for the first time. Seeing the realisation set in that they're not going to be able to breeze through these levels with no deaths and all the gems like they can in the other games is very funny to me.

God, I wish. I'm routinely finishing levels with a dozen crates missed, and that's when I'm really trying to get them all.

Gone are the days of occasionally getting box gems without trying!
Yeah it's a definite challenge lol. I'm so out of practice. Gone are the days of my youth when I could complete these games so easily 😔

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017

That is so me. I considered myself really good at Crash games but 4 is no cakewalk. Sure hurts my pride to see the amount of crates I missed at the end of a level :D

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Okay, so what's with the inconsistency of bounce crates? Sometimes you jump five times, sometimes you jump two times before they break. The two jump crates ruined several of my runs. Am I missing something?

Spinosaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so what's with the inconsistency of bounce crates? Sometimes you jump five times, sometimes you jump two times before they break. The two jump crates ruined several of my runs. Am I missing something?
If it's anything like the original they're sorta on a timer from my understanding after the first jump. So if you jump once on one, leave it for a bit after that and come back it should break immediately.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Love the game so far. It feels so good to play and control Crash.

My one big dislike is the hub. Why did we lose the warp rooms? It's nice to have playable spaces as hubs, they're interactive and playful, and they immerse you into the play experience (even if the game is unrealistic).

Here it's very 'gamey'. You select a tile and click 'play level'. It feels like the map menu from a mario game. I appreciate that it shares similarities with Crash 1's level select, but I think the Warp rooms were better.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
If you jump on a bounce crate to reach a platform on the opposite side, it'll break pretty much immediately when you jump on it again. Was like that before too IIRC.

My one big dislike is the hub. Why did we lose the warp rooms? It's nice to have playable spaces as hubs, they're interactive and playful, and they immerse you into the play experience (even if the game is unrealistic).

Here it's very 'gamey'. You select a tile and click 'play level'. It feels like the map menu from a mario game. I appreciate that it shares similarities with Crash 1's level select, but I think the Warp rooms were better.
I do miss the Warp Rooms. They felt like a staple and were just much easier to get around.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Bless 60fps and bless modern mode

Lives are outdated imo and I'm glad that Odyssey got rid of them

The idea of getting booted out of the game and restarting just doesn't feel right anymore; I think it's better suited to a hardcore mode like Crash 4 offers

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the game has definitely ramped up the difficulty compared to especially Warped, but it feels harder than Crash 2 as well. I haven't been able to get all crates in almost any of the levels so far.

B. Spaceman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Spain

If you jump on one and let some time between another jump, the next time it will break even if there were some bounces left. I don't know if I worded that correctly lol

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018

I think the devs explained that by saying that they want a difficulty curve they could control more

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
If it's anything like the original they're sorta on a timer from my understanding after the first jump. So if you jump once on one, leave it for a bit after that and come back it should break immediately.
If you jump on a bounce crate to reach a platform on the opposite side, it'll break pretty much immediately when you jump on it again. Was like that before too IIRC.
If you jump on one and let some time between another jump, the next time it will break even if there were some bounces left. I don't know if I worded that correctly lol
I didn't know that, thanks!

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played the first three levels and it's so good. It honestly feels like the perfect sequel to the original trilogy, TFB emulated the feel, challenge and innovation that the first three games had perfectly. Really looking forward to playing more.

Kensuke

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Wtf, the platinum relic time for the first level looks so low. I have to shave off almost 30 seconds from my gold time. How? Are there faster movement options I'm not aware of?

PlatypusDude

Oct 25, 2017
Well that was awesome.
That Mardi Gras stage may be my new favorite Crash stage, just felt so good from a gameplay, visual, and music design standpoint. Plus Ripper Roo cameo!

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
I've never been a big Crash fan tbh but I just put my order in at Best Buy and will pick it up later today. All of the trailers have looked pretty darn good so I figured I'd give it a shot