• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, loved playing N Sane Trilogy portably, but I think I can't wait one year for a switch version ... will buy it day one on PS4. Looks really good!

The Dark Soul

Jan 2, 2020
México
Love it! Amazing trailer, the visuals and mechanics look excellent.

Buuuuut... I wonder how the developers of this ↓ are feeling LOL
crash-bandicoot-the-wrath-of-cortex-2016107144339_1.jpg

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna need a source for now.

Just saying that the original trilogy remake was shown off at 60fps and we got stuck with 30 at launch.

I see no reason why current consoles can't run it at 60 (i'm sure series x will at minimum looking at the end of that trailer) but just don't expect it.
the source is the fact that there's no PC version.

Future Gazer

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Looks fantastic. Although something about the color palette looks off compared to the N Sane trilogy.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
It looks exactly like it should. Classic Crash platforming with a few new twists. So hyped right now :)

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After releasing two 30FPS remasters, are they actually going to make CB4 a 60FPS game? Kudos if so, but I am somewhat skeptical that this footage is from XSX and the current gen stuff will be stuck at 30FPS again.

MrTommo2304

Apr 4, 2019
Looks utterly fantastic. Everything they were saying about being a follow-up to Warped is music to my ears. Love the artstyle too - as expected, much better in motion.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Not loving the Crash design, I dunno something about his face, it's too small maybe and it's kinda bugging me, but besides that everything else looked great.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Timed exclusive? Or is the Xbox logo just not on the ps4 channel
Preorders on the Xbox Store says October 1st too so no timed exclusive.

Buy Crash Bandicoot™ 4: It’s About Time | Xbox

This game leverages Smart Delivery allowing access to both the Xbox One title and the Xbox Series X|S title*. Buy digitally and get the Totally Tubular Skins for Crash and Coco**. It’s About Time - for a brand-wumping new Crash Bandicoot™ game!

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
This is gonna need a lot of content to justify that $60 price tag compared to what the trilogy offered

That said could always wait and play the game on next gen at half the price

Crash Bandicoot™ 4: It’s About Time

This product entitles you to download both the digital PS4™ version now, and the digital PS5™ version of this game when it releases on March 12th, 2021. Buy digitally and get the Totally Tubular Skins for Crash and Coco. Get time-shattering skins Marsupus Erectus and Serious Upgrade, first on...

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Personal opinion, it looks too safe and riding on the trilogy remake wave. Can't judge the level design from the trailer but that was the ND's game strong point and the weak part on the other game post ND. Still excited but I kinda wish they did something different, an expansion on the Twinsanity formula or smth like that
I think the iterative design works well here, since there was a lot of potential in the original series of games that was left untapped.

Here, we still see new and expanded mechanics, such as wall-running, rail-grinder, the mask abilities, and playable Cortex.

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
Honestly, it looks great. The only thing I didn't liked was a music in the trailer. The Matt Willis one that was mentioned few times over the course of last few days would be a way better.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Gonna need a source for now.

Just saying that the original trilogy remake was shown off at 60fps and we got stuck with 30 at launch.

I see no reason why current consoles can't run it at 60 (i'm sure series x will at minimum looking at the end of that trailer) but just don't expect it.

An insider yesterday basically confirmed it would be 60fps here on Era so it's looking good.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
Yea I'm in. I was scared it was going to be a hollow cash grab, but this looks fresh and I'm genuinely excited.

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019
The designs are bad and the animations of the characters look a bit clunky. Still looks overall good.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Are post ND characters like Crunch just not a thing anymore now? Disappointing if so.

OmniStrife

Dec 11, 2017
Wow what a banger of a trailer, might just buy it b/c of this vid alone. That's how you do great trailers.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Looks awesome! Even though that diss was fantastic hope they find a way to introduce Crunch in some way.

shancake

Managing Editor ‑ Press Start
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
We did a big interview with Toys for Bob about the game.

Went over the new art style, retro/modern modes, playable Cortex and more. It's running on Unreal Engine and not the same as the last two remasters games which I found mega interesting.

press-start.com.au

We Spoke To The Crash 4 Developers About Crash's New Look, Retro Mode, Playable Coco/Neo Cortex And The New Power Quantum Masks

We Spoke To The Crash 4 Developers About Crash's New Look, Retro Mode, Playable Coco/Neo Cortex And The New Power Quantum Masks

Genio88

Banned
Jun 4, 2018
I get that a Switch version would need more optimization and time, but the lack of a PC version at launch has no excuses

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Came to see if Switch will have to wait 1 whole year again and it looks like it won't change, oh well I don't mind waiting.
Otherwise it looks pretty good, I'm happy to see how it's turning out.