• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NekoNeko

Coward
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I remember seeing those (and I think the very tweets first hand) myself, so he's got some nerve trying to hide that. Do you have those screens handy? I guarantee he's deleted the tweets.
i know he deleted the tweets, i think i have all the "original" screenshots on my pc at home but they are pretty much all online.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
wait what did Liam Robertson say about Activision killing off crash and what about Mario kart?? LOL

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck. I though I purchased an Xbox one cdkey for upgrade. I actually purchased an Xbox account with the game. Oups. 20 bucks lost I don't want to use this account

Rated-G

Oct 29, 2017
Save file transfer is awesome, but have they said how the game will handle trophies? I know trophy hunters love when each version of a game has a separate trophy list, it I find it incredibly frustrating. It's annoying that I have like 3 trophies in Borderlands 3 on PS4 that didn't carry over to PS5 with my save file, and that even if I continue playing on PS5 an platinum the game, now I still have this list with a handful of trophies.

I feel like PlayStation specifically handled games better with shared lists between PS3 and PS4 and even PSVita. It's annoying that it's not just one list per title that is shared across all platforms in the ecosystem.

Spider-Man popping all the trophies when you transferred your save file was cool and all, but only because I'd already gotten the platinum for the game when it originally released. For all these games that came out at the tail end of the PS4 generation, that I'm still in the middle of playing, it's unfortunate that now I either abandon progress on one version to play the superior one, or ignore the superior version to satisfy my completionism on the inferior one.

because I just do not have it in me to try and 106% this game a second time.

GroovySnake

Jun 10, 2018
USA
I'd love it if the next Crash game moved it forward a bit more. I'd like a closer adjustable camera. I love the classics, but I'm ready to have a better view of what I'm doing. Plus it just feels like we can make 3D platforming more comfortable, not keeping it the same sort of style as on PS1.

I'd keep the side scrolling parts by making them areas you enter or something like that.

That said, happy we got some new Crash.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
With the Pro version being 1080p, 4k60 is gonna look gorgeous. Very surprised with Acitvision giving away the upgrade for free, considering COD didn't have the same luxury lol.

wait what did Liam Robertson say about Activision killing off crash and what about Mario kart?? LOL

He's saying on twitter that Activision has already started the process of killing Crash, like several days ago. And he keeps sticking by it despite this announcement.

afaik the Mario Kart 8 thing was him saying Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Splatoon 2 weren't real days before they were announced.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
lol i just saw on twitter that Liam says the tweets of him saying these things were faked. That's pretty funny because I took those screenshots of his tweets before he deleted and posted them on the old place back in the day.

He's a ginormous baby.

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
Great news, hope it does better numbers.
Hopefully, with better loading time I'll try to maybe finish the flashback tapes on PS5.

Oct 27, 2017
At this point I'm assuming that Activision could straight up say "We're making Crash 5 right now" and Liam still wouldn't budge from this particular narrative:
bb22nztsbhg61.jpg

lol

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
The consensus seems to be that if a game came out before there should be a free next gen release because it's essentially a last gen game that has had some performance improvements. If a game comes out simultaneously then they can get away with a difference in price because it's almost like 2 different versions (NBA).

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I totally spaced on the notion of Crash titles appearing on non-Sony platforms. Thought this was the first time that was happening, but I guess it's been happening for a decade? lol

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home

"Rumors Of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated"

MARCH 12th, 2021 on PS5, Xbox Series X/S and Nintendo Switch
PC release date TBA with another announcement later this year.

• Native 4K60fps on PS5 and Xbox Series X
  • Upscaled 4K on Xbox Series S
  • SSD optimized load times on PS5 and Series X
  • Xbox Series versions feature Smart Delivery
  • Now on the go on Nintendo Switch
  • Coming later this year to Battle.Net on PC, alongside other announcements
  • PS5 version takes advantage of adaptive triggers and activity cards in particular
  • PS4->PS5 and XBO -> XSS/XSS upgrade is entirely free of charge (players with disk copies will need the disk-drive version of their console)
  • PS5 and XSX/XSS versions available at $59.99, pre-orders open soon
  • NSW and PC versions available at $39.99, pre-orders open now

So Crash isn't dead after all. 😂

Yoss

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Really happy and kinda surprised about the free upgrade. I picked up the PS4 version during the holiday sale but was expecting them to charge for the upgrade. I'm not very far into the game, I might hold off playing more until the PS5 version comes out.

OP
OP
Wrestleman

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Yeah I remember seeing those (and I think the very tweets first hand) myself, so he's got some nerve trying to hide that. Do you have those screens handy? I guarantee he's deleted the tweets.

He has deleted the tweets, of course lol. FWIW, I also remember seeing them live on the old place at the time.

Oh, so there may not be a required download for the Switch version. That's a pleasant surprise.
9.3GB total, apparently!

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Oct 27, 2017
Very cool. Can we get a campaign going for 60fps updates on PS5/XBSX for the N Sane Trilogy, CTR and Spyro while we're at it? Just a quick and dirty framerate unlock on those would be good enough for me. Native versions would be nice but a framerate bump will do.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Good news, I'll get this on PS5 then. 4K/60FPS goodness for Crash incoming.

Maybe the 25th anniversary will have PS5/XBS updates for N'Sane Trilogy and CTR.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Nice, will buy on PC where I can mod infinite lives lol

Edit: oh wait, no Steam? Pass.

Winnie

Mar 12, 2020
So Battle.net same price than Switch version but releasing even later? No thanks.