• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Lol Liam Robertson. He said they were scrapping Crash completely and now it turns out there's a next-gen version and more stuff for the anniversary. The man just keeps delivering.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Crash 4 is great but I never got around to finishing it on PS4. Might just wait now and get the PC version.

Now where is CTR?! 30fps just ain't right.

AngelOFDeath

Nov 13, 2017
Man I ran through this during the holidays. Ah well, I can't keep hoping/waiting for Next Gen versions when I want to play a game now.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol Liam Robertson. He said they were scrapping Crash completely and now it turns out there's a next-gen version and more stuff for the anniversary. The man just keeps delivering.
he's been proven to be making things up for a long time (or passing other people's inside info as his own), but for some reason people still pay attention to what he says.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I'm wondering about this too.

If you can find a cheaper copy right now then, yeah, it'll upgrade just fine.

The game is $60 on PS4/Xbox One too though. It's only Switch and PC that have a cheaper RRP. But if you can find a retail store selling it cheaper than PSN/Xbox Store then you're good.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
he's been proven to be making things up for a long time (or passing other people's inside info as his own), but for some reason people still pay attention to what he says.

The Google console with Out Run. "Let's just say Splatoon 2 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe aren't a thing". And people pay his patreon to be fed up lies, lmfao.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
He doubled down on it.

If you can find a cheaper copy right now then, yeah, it'll upgrade just fine.

The game is $60 on PS4/Xbox One too though. But if you can find a retail store selling it cheaper then you're good.
Like this for example lol:
Crash Bandicoot 4 It's About Time, Activision, Xbox One - Walmart.com - Walmart.com

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Oh and $40 on Switch is great, I hope that version moves a serious number of units. Crash needs the love.

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So, if the pre-orders for the PC version is opening now, why is it releasing later this year? Activisions PC strategy is ass.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Crash 4 on PC being battle.net exclusive not only that but later than the other ports. Consider the PC version dead on arrival lol. Activision's thick headed skull is what prevents crash from selling well on PC.

Oct 25, 2017
Worth it for the improved load times. Especially if one goes for completion, the load time after restarting a level was just too damn long.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
After Nioh Collection, I am ALL IN on Activity Cards. That shit is sooo good. Can't wait for it to be the standard going forward

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Free upgrade is nice and faster loading times are definitely needed. It will make getting the platinum trophy a little bit more feasible, but I still don't think I'll go back and try to get it.

Jul 26, 2018
I was gonna hate myself for buying and not playing the ps4 version if there was no upgrade. Very pleasantly surprised. Now do the same for THPS

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
The timed exclusivity backfired on this one. Would have done good business on the other platofrms last year

May 25, 2019
London
Extremely interesting to see this on Battle.net and not Steam. Previously, the only things Activision was putting on there were multiplayer/live service games

edit: Wait, the PC pre-orders are open now but there's no release date for that version? What gives?

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not terribly fond of the game right now but will definitely pause and come back for the upgraded version. Super nice.

Cuboid 64

Oct 28, 2017
I'll definitely give the XSX upgrades a look once they're out, but unless they're cutting back the number of boxes in some of those levels I can't see myself going back for long. Glad to see it's still getting some support though. Cannot understate how much better of a fit $40 is for it.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Acti doing the free upgrade is weird...especially after Cold War not getting that carryover I think.

Grips

Oct 5, 2020
Mainframe
Im in love with the feel every footstep feature of dualsense like Astro, Control and Destruction, hopefully its in there.

edit* Would be nice if Crash 1-3 gets the 60fps treatment on next gen.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
$60 still on next gen lmao good luck
$40 on switch and pc is more like it.

another fake InSiDeR.