• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
CRASH BANDICOOT MAKES HIS WAY FOUR-WARD
TO NEXT-GEN CONSOLES, SWITCH, AND PC IN 2021!

Activision to Celebrate an Un-fur-gettable 25th Anniversary All Year Long

"Rumors Of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated"

MARCH 12th, 2021 on PS5, Xbox Series X/S and Nintendo Switch
PC release date TBA; other 25th anniversary announcements and festivities later this year.

He's made you spin, jump and wump for 25 years, and this year, our beloved orange marsupial is celebrating in style. To kick off his silver anniversary, on March 12, the true sequel to the classic Crash Bandicoot trilogy from the '90s and the first original entry in the Crash franchise in more than 10 years, Crash Bandicoot™ 4: It's About Time will launch on PlayStation® 5, Xbox Series X|S and Nintendo Switch™. The game will also launch on PC via Battle.net later this year.

Fans should also be on the look-out for tons of fur-tastic festivities from Activision aimed to engage Crash Bandicoot fans throughout the year.

Developer Toys for Bob has been hard at work to bring Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time to new platforms. Fans on PlayStation® 5 and Xbox Series X|S are in for some N. credible visuals when they see the game run in 4K with 60 FPS . Additionally, players on either next-gen platform will enjoy quicker loading times to dive into the wumpa-eating action and 3D audio that will immerse them in all-new dimensions.

• Native 4K60fps on PS5 and Xbox Series X
  • Upscaled 4K on Xbox Series S
  • SSD optimized load times on PS5 and Series X
  • Xbox Series versions feature Smart Delivery
  • Now on the go on Nintendo Switch
  • Coming later this year to Battle.Net on PC, alongside other anniversary announcements
  • PS5 version takes advantage of adaptive triggers and activity cards in particular
  • PS4->PS5 and XBO -> XSS/XSS upgrade is entirely free of charge (players with disk copies will need the disk-drive version of their console)
  • PS5 and XSX/XSS versions available at $59.99
  • NSW and PC versions available at $39.99, pre-orders open now

Coco_Chase.jpg

NeoMenace.jpg

Crash_Sunlight_Jump.jpg

Last edited:

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

"Rumors Of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated"

MARCH 12th, 2021 on PS5, Xbox Series X/S and Nintendo Switch
PC release date TBA with another announcement later this year.

• Native 4K60fps on PS5 and Xbox Series X
  • Upscaled 4K on Xbox Series S
  • SSD optimized load times on PS5 and Series X
  • Xbox Series versions feature Smart Delivery
  • Now on the go on Nintendo Switch
  • Coming later this year to Battle.Net on PC, alongside another announcement
  • PS5 version takes advantage of adaptive triggers and activity cards in particular
  • PS4->PS5 and XBO -> XSS/XSS upgrade is entirely free of charge (players with disk copies will need the disk-drive version of their console)
  • PS5 and XSX/XSS versions available at $59.99, pre-orders open soon
  • NSW and PC versions available at $39.99, pre-orders open now

Why the extra $20 tax for PS5 and XSX owners?

Can't wait for the next wave of rage over the difficulty
Is the game reall that hard?

Redhood

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
No Steam. I guess that should be expected going forward with Activision games.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Thank fuck for the free upgrade. Thought we were gonna get screwed!

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
finally! great news, can't wait for the switch version.

edit: thank god they realized they shouldn't be charging 60 for this, launching at 40 on switch/pc is a great move.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017

Is the game reall that hard?

If you're going for any kind of completion, sure. It's mostly the way stuff is presented that makes people want to go for 100%—at the end of each level, it shows all the gems you didn't get, and the bonus stages can be kaizo-level hard when they used to be mostly relatively simple.

Just beating the levels is fine difficulty-wise.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
The other announcement is proaba LG crash team racing coming out elsewhere

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
i really hope they toned down some of the almost abusive difficulty. i love me some hard games but crash 4 is more work than fun (for me!).

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
I'm about halfway through the XB1 version on XSX. It already runs at a perfect 60fps, but I won't mind the extra resolution. I'll set it aside for now.

Oct 27, 2017
I've never really got going in this game, despite having a massive smile on my face the first time I played. Free upgrade from Activision is unexpected from my POV but I'm happy to see it.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

That's just the same price as it's always been (on PS4 and Xbox One, the only versions so far).

Switch and PC version releasing for cheap, my bet is they've taken the price criticisms of the game on PlayStation and Xbox to heart. Wonder if it underperformed.

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017
Wow that's awesome there's a free upgrade! Wish they'd upgrade CTR with 60fps. Hope that gets announced at some point.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Enhanced for PlayStation 5
The PlayStation 5 brings It's About Time to new heights with unparalleled visuals, supporting 4K at 60 FPS. Crank up your speakers and swim in the crisp, dynamic enhanced 3D Audio.

And it doesn't just look and sound great, it feels great, too! The PS5's DualSense wireless controller brings adaptive triggers to your fingertips. Feel the DNA change in objects hit by Neo Cortex's blaster and feel the grip of Tawna's Hookshot.
blog.playstation.com

Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time – coming to PS5 March 12

Gear up for another wild platforming adventure with Crash, Coco and friends in a fresh new release.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
To be honest they probably would have better off launching on these platforms first, and in November alongside the new consoles.

Pricing is weird though. If there's a free upgrade to the PS5/Xbox Series version then why would someone pay $60 for the PS5/Xbox Series version? Couldn't you just go buy the current version and then upgrade for much cheaper?

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, why didn't they promote the free upgrade earlier? I would've bought this a long time ago.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
It's $60 on XB1 and PS4 all along...I don't know why people are complaining about "next gen tax".

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah. Some of the best platforming since Tropical Freeze in this thing, so psyched to get a PS5 upgrade and a Switch version!

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really get making the PS5 and XSX versions $60 when free upgrade is a thing and people can easily get the PS4/XBO versions for $30 or less new.

evilmonkey

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Charging less than full price on the one system that can support platformers at full price. I won't complain but that's so out of character for Activision.