• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you grabbing Crash 4?

• Yes, I've already pre-ordered

Votes: 143 17.9%
  • Yes, I'll pick it up at launch.

Votes: 134 16.8%
  • I'll grab it on sale

Votes: 224 28.0%
  • I'm not interested

Votes: 182 22.8%
  • I'm waiting on a potential port (PC / Switch)

Votes: 116 14.5%

• Total voters

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Following the thread I made last year for Crash Team Racing's release, I wanted to see how Era's feeling about our beloved Bandicoot's latest adventure. For a quick summary, here's what you need to know:
  • Crash 4 is the first original Crash game in 12 years. Follows from Crash 3's ending
  • 5 playable characters: Crash, Coco, nu-Tawna, Cortex and Dingodile, each with different playstyles.
  • Lots of new abilities thanks to the new masks
  • New and returning characters (Brio, N.Gin, N.Tropy, etc.)
  • Story with voice-acted cutscenes and all that jazz
  • Classic Crash Gameplay
  • 60FPS on PS4 Pro and One X (60 target on base consoles as well, but less stable)
  • New cleaner artstyle, more similar to Spyro Reignited Trilogy
  • Lots of unlockable outfits for Crash and Coco
  • Tons of extra content (bonus challenges, trippy N.Verted mode)
  • Releases on October 2nd for $60
Personally, I'm beyond excited for this game. The whole Crash resurrection saga since the beginning of the gen has been very fun to follow, and it ending with a brand new full-priced Crash game with the character being back into the gaming mainstream really is the best outcome anyone could've asked for. I've already pre-ordered it, so definitely will be playing on day 1. What are you doing?

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
I'm about the same boat as you, Lant. I already got the game preordered (double dipping a PC copy), even though I'm a little anxious and cautious about what people will think of it in the end, but I feel also confident about it, given the scope of it.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Picking it up the day it releases. I'm trying to make sure I'm done with Tropical Freeze and maybe another small game by the time it releases.

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
I said grab it on sale because I'm a little spent at the moment but then I read it's not gonna be on PC?

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Will likely buy it at launch. I've already beat 64 and Sunshine - and I started Galaxy today. Also got my eye on Ori and Hades. It's a busy time after months of nearly fuck all for me.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I'm excited, but I'll wait 'til Christmas or I get a PS5. Not for any 'I'm not paying full price for a platformer' nonsense (even though at £50 I'm hesitant because that's dearer than most standard edition games I've got this gen with the exception of FFVIIR ), as I'll happily pay full price for it, but I'm fine waiting for a bit.
I feel like it'll be a good game to play first on a PS5, even if it's just a PS4 game.
Edit: just saw the VG Tech vid. If the full version is the same as that on base PS4 then I'm 100% waiting lol.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
It looks great so far. Excited to play it on launch day.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I want it but I kinda wanna wait and see if there's a next gen version. It looks fun and graphically seems kinda stunning as a current gen game but can't help but feel like there's gonna be a next gen version that won't be a free upgrade.

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
Already pre-ordered, played a demo and liked it. Really excited to play this. Toys for Bob did an outstanding job with Spyro Reignited Trilogy, can't wait to finally delve into their own take on Crash.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Saving for next gen, so I won't be seeing this until later down the line. Looks good though, and it's sweet that my favorite character is playable.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in a weird boat I feel it's a little too much on my gut reaction. Too many characters, too many new mechanics right after playing the OG 3. I would have liked a game in between the trilogy and this one to get me more used to the 0 to 60 of new shit.

Admittedly, I might be overthinking it. Maybe the game reviews highly and I get it.

May 13, 2018
I've played through the demo about 4 times already. I'm excited to have another good 3D platformer to play. It's pretty damn solid. Has the possibility of being my GOTY

dogbox

Jan 30, 2019
Spaceball Arena
I feel pretty excited for it but Spelunky, Hades and Mario all coming this month means I probably won't nab this until the holidays. I watched the PS Underground footage and it looks like a lot of fun!

animalcrossed

Oct 28, 2017
I'm interested and have pre-ordered, but am disappointed they went straight back to the PS2 style of games. After seeing how popular the original remasters were it's just bizarre that they rebuilt the feel of the game from scratch (new engine). Already the demo feels way less tight and polished.

I'm feeling an under 79 on Metacritic

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I got all the crates and video tapes in the demo
I tried but

EiUpwBCWoAAAwk2

Feels good to have this happen again

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
60 fps target is good, but it is kind of interesting how the One X tops out at 1080p and can even drop below that at times during cutscenes according to the VG Tech comparison video

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There were about four of those, not counting spinoffs.
I'm not talking of Crash of the Titans and the others. I meant more recent post-remakes. Like there was Crash Team Racing and then this is the new one coming out after revitalizing interest with the remakes of the beloved ones. I'm likely too wary but I'll have to see for reviews.

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
I'm interested and have pre-ordered, but am disappointed they went straight back to the PS2 style of games. After seeing how popular the original remasters were it's just bizarre that they rebuilt the feel of the game from scratch (new engine). Already the demo feels way less tight and polished.

What does this even mean? How does this correlate at all with the PS2 games?

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Wait.. for some reason I thought this was coming to PC too...

....oh

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

Huh? The game follows the gameplay of the original trilogy

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It looks great, but I'm probably going to just wait a few months to pick it up. No rush to get it at full price.

I also still have a base PS4 too though, so I'd rather wait and play it on PS5.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County

???

The only PS2 game this remotely resembles is Wrath of Cortex, because Wrath of Cortex resembles the original trilogy. And this appears to be far less rushed and more interested in engaging with new ideas than WoC was.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm extremely fucking hyped. Preordered it digitally on PSN just to get my hands on the demo, and I've played through it multiple times already. I've been waiting for this game for 20 years, since Wrath of Cortex was a huge disappointment.

The challenge of this game and its focus on what made the original Naughty Dog games so good is what makes me hyped.

At this point, my only real disappointment is that the game isn't 4K on the Pro/One X.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I think it'll be praised as the best big-budget platformer since Tropical Freeze, and it reminds of that game visually a lot as well as for sheer variety and inventiveness.

Oct 27, 2017
I was so excited when this first got announced, but the more I see of it the more I'm trying to temper my expectations? It looks so gimmicky, with all the new characters and abilities, I was looking for something akin to crash 2, and it looks more and more like how crash 3 turned out, which I'm not a big fan of.

Really hope I end up wrong with this one!

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely getting it, cuz it looks great and we haven't had a big budget traditional platformer like this is a minute

but the Base PS4 framerate is like sub-40 or some shit, so Im not playing it until my PS5 arrives