• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
A well known fuckface trashing his kid on the largest internet platform for being smart, so of course there's a fuckface defense force. It can't be his pattern of behavior that's the problem, it's the "outrage culture."

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
This is in Houston and has been sponsored by NASA and companies like Qualcomm since like 1990. It's a legitimate big deal in the area, it sells out the George R Brown, and it attracts entrants from literally around the world. Kids who make it far in this program have engineering schools drooling over them when they submit their college applications.

This is like a dad being embarrassed because he's literally too simple minded to understand that this is actually a big deal, lol. Literally ashamed that his kids are smart.

EDIT: Also, despite being "lego," this isn't for little kids. The entrants range from grade school to seniors in highschool and beyond. There are adults who compete in this.
Isn't that just for FIRST Tech Challenge and FIRST Robotics Challenge (neither of which are Lego)?

Or is this an entirely different tournament? Him saying they qualified for the next one makes me think this incident occurred at a FIRST Lego League Regional (or God forbid, State: if the child won State, that means they go to Worlds, so this shit-tastic incident would be even worse).

Viriditas

Oct 25, 2017
United States

r/RaisedByNarcissists

See you there, kiddo.

Congrats on the trophy, sorry your piece-of-shit Dad claimed it as an effigy to his own hollow sense of self-worth.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"I wish my son played football, look at all these nerds!"

*son wins a trophy*

"HE ONLY WON CAUSE OF ME!"

Jesus Christ...

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Didn't know he was a conservative radio personality. Just thought it was a poorly received dad joke of the sporty dad variety.

I didn't think of It as roasting his kid. I read it as sporty dad is out of his element and bullshitting on Twitter. It is most definitely a cool achievement.

you don't understand what a "dad joke" is. it's a cheesy g-rated joke that makes your kid groan because of how lame it is. it's not a father trashing his son's interests and basically calling him a disappointment.

and it clearly isn't just a joke. it's obvious that he feels that way to some extent, which is fucked up.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
He's really shooting for the stars when it comes to alienating his son and eventually landing himself in a depressing retirement home where no one comes to visit during his miserable twilight years.

jonamok

Oct 28, 2017
Missed opportunity to read smut with your son and his robot.

Qer5puO.jpg

Woah, is that Chuck McGill shorting Johnny 5's circuits?

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
Awful. Hope the kid doesn't end up brainwashed like a lot of kids with conservative asshole parents, and I hope he can have a way to nurture his talents in a positive environment and build a future for himself.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
What an absolute shit father. I'm so glad I grew up with supportive parent that actually went the extra length to find ways to nurture my talent and interests. I can't imagine where I'd be otherwise.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
This guy isn't someone who wants to see the error of his ways, he clearly wants your ire and attention, so don't give it to him. Not everything has to be a movement.

Bob Beat

Oct 25, 2017
A well known fuckface trashing his kid on the largest internet platform for being smart, so of course there's a fuckface defense force. It can't be his pattern of behavior that's the problem, it's the "outrage culture."
I think dudes like Kelly just do this on purpose. They think they are in a culture war and want to brand us.

'See, they are unreasonable. See, I won't back down.'

There is nothing about him that makes me trust his motives and opinions.

I'm not saying don't be outraged or don't respond. But that original tweet just doesn't seem like an off the cuff moment.

This is a tweet from 8 hours ago:

He's attacking a reporter for posting a story about those douchebags wearing black face.

They don't need a select group to troll 'the libs'. They are training their entire group. Troll them, ignore everything they say, our values, ideas are right.

FullMetalTech

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, New York
Thats so disheartening to see to see. Im part of a First Lego League robotics team (coach) and its great to see how the kids troubleshoot and work together in an enviroment like this. They didnt have this kinda stuff for us as kids growing up but as i can see the guys an asshole. Feel sorry for the kid.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Yeah, the guy is toxic "bro". I'd get bit of joking, but he really just seems like a true asshole with no respect to his son and other people competing there. Even before those Trump tweets he seemed like grade A douchebag. Hopefully the son doesn't feel discouraged because of his father.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is a good thing. Having a guy like that be a loving father would probably lead to a worse situation.

Volcane

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
'Huh huh, my son's such a nerd with his robotics, what a loser - I wish he was a real man that plays football. So funny right.'

Just a cunt looking for attention (which he is probably happy that he has received).

bry

Oct 27, 2017
I think dudes like Kelly just do this on purpose. They think they are in a culture war and want to brand us.

'See, they are unreasonable. See, I won't back down.'

There is nothing about him that makes me trust his motives and opinions.

I'm not saying don't be outraged or don't respond. But that original tweet just doesn't seem like an off the cuff moment.

This is a tweet from 8 hours ago:

He's attacking a reporter for posting a story about those douchebags wearing black face.

They don't need a select group to troll 'the libs'. They are training their entire group. Troll them, ignore everything they say, our values, ideas are right.

People in the comments of that news tweet say it's a cheering thing called black out.
Says it's a common thing in high schools for sporting events
Idk anything about that since I didn't have sporting events like that in my school but can anyone else confirm that?

If that's true then that picture would be misleading.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People in the comments of that news tweet say it's a cheering thing called black out.
Idk anything about that since I didn't have sporting events like that in my school but can anyone else confirm that?

Sounds like a crappy excuse for white kids who think it's funny to wear blackface during basketball games because they suck at the sport and want to feel superior anyway.

AkumaNiko

Oct 28, 2017
maybe stop giving the dude attention now that the story broke so he can stop acting like an asshole. It seems now hes just trolling.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

A black out is when schools give out black shirts for a game, its super common in sports. Example - the tyler trent purdue game this year was a black out.

Black outs do not involve painting your face black, that is horseshit.

bry

Oct 27, 2017
A black out is when schools give out black shirts for a game, its super common in sports. Example - the tyler trent purdue game this year was a black out.

Black outs do not involve painting your face black, that is horseshit.
Oh damn.
Yeah I tried to google it and couldn't find any other examples of black body paint.
Only team colors being painted on if anything.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh damn.
Yeah I tried to google it and couldn't find any other examples of black body paint.
Only team colors being painted on if anything.

Also, blackouts aren't the only type of "out" that happens. It's usually the primary color of the school, so like you'll have white outs, red outs, orange outs, ect. Here's Nebraska advertising a well known red-out game:

51f2CixZjKL._SX425_.jpg

These "outs" are not really supposed to be about painting your body, it's about wearing the same color clothes. Some kids might paint their faces if their colors aren't black, like so:

b9ecfd8c773ce3d93781122d8d0cc926--longhorns-football-football-baby.jpg

But black face as part of a "black out"? Naw.

Again, this is probably the best known black-out game in recent history:

preview.jpg

Notice the lack of blackface.

Deleted member 8752

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wish I can give his son an "atta boy" or a "good job kiddo" because his father clearly doesn't know what he's doing.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
The absolute saddest thing is that this guy definitely thinks his kid is in on the joke, and the kid may even pretend to be, but man, imagine your dad publicly mocking a hobby you take seriously. There's no way that kid went to bed feeling good about himself.

bry

Oct 27, 2017
Also, blackouts aren't the only type of "out" that happens. It's usually the primary color of the school, so like you'll have white outs, red outs, orange outs, ect. Here's Nebraska advertising a well known red-out game:

51f2CixZjKL._SX425_.jpg

These "outs" are not really supposed to be about painting your body, it's about wearing the same color clothes. Some kids might paint their faces if their colors aren't black, like so:

b9ecfd8c773ce3d93781122d8d0cc926--longhorns-football-football-baby.jpg

But black face as part of a "black out"? Naw.

Again, this is probably the best known black-out game in recent history:

preview.jpg

Notice the lack of blackface.
Damn, that's crazy that these kids really did that.
Supposedly it was years ago so those students probably don't even attend anymore.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't just any crappy dad.

Ah the time honored "haha it was but a ruse you simple fools!" tactic. I mean most jokes aren't 15 tweets where you just bitch incessantly about your kid having a hobby that you don't like and having some weird shit hangups about the team name which is evidence that he's clearly being mostly serious about how he loathes being there.

Also, at some point you drop the fucking act just to show to your SON that you aren't being serious. "Of course I'm proud of my son, stupid libcucks" but no, can't even do that.

Last edited:

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Where is the joke in "pretending" to behave like a shithead and then having people point out you're behaving like a shithead? What's the punchline supposed to be?

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where is the joke in "pretending" to behave like a shithead and then having people point out you're behaving like a shithead? What's the purported punchline here?
It's just him parroting the usual conservative media shithead tactic "I WAS JUST TRIGGERING THE LIBS" and people lap it up. People like him have no soul, the dude literally ran with Nazi's for political office but he's a "reasonable" person.