• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BackwardCap

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
So funny story...

I made a "Monster Prism", which is basically a Pokeball to catch things.

I threw it at one of the Tutorial NPC's on the first island, and put them to good use.

unknown.png
I'm buying this game.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Game has been sitting in my cart since launch day lol.

Reviews have continued to be positive and it's now sitting at 80% positive on Steam so I am thinking I'm just gonna buy it. I need to see it for myself lol

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
just hit lvl 14 and only just realized spells and weapon skills were on another tab...spent 13 points in the first tab...

OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017
For those wondering how the "Pokemon" mechanics work, it's pretty much the same deal here.

Weaken the monster/animal first, then throw the Monster Prism at it.

unknown.png

There is a chance the monster/animal will break free, so you need to use another Monster Prism.

unknown.png

Eventually you'll catch it, and the Monster Prism will turn orange, meaning you can pick it up.

Summoning what you caught is as simple as equipping the Orange Monster Prism and throwing it.

Throwing an Orange Monster Prism into a small generator will cause the captured monster/animal to begin using the wheel to generate power (batteries).

unknown.png

However, I don't know if there is a way to recall the captured monster/animal, nor have I tried re-capturing it.

I also noticed there is a skill where you can tell your tamed monster/animal to attack.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017
So here is something interesting. I made a Breeding Facility!

You throw your captured monsters/animals into the Breeder, and it produces a result. You can seemingly breed any two living things.

I used two cows, and it produced another cow.

It gave me an idea so I put a Large Pot under the Breeder, so the cow falls into the pot.

unknown.png

This produces some food for me to take but it's rather devilish, lol.

I happened to have a Tutorial Man NPC in a Monster Prism and a spare Cow Monster Prism so I tried breeding them together, and it produced a Mono. xD

unknown.png

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

You throw your captured monsters/animals into the Breeder, and it produces a result. You can seemingly breed any two living things.

It gave me an idea so I put a Large Pot under the Breeder, so the cow falls into the pot.

unknown.png

I happened to have a Tutorial Man NPC in a Monster Prism and a spare Cow Monster Prism so I tried breeding them together, and it produced a Mono. xD

unknown.png

Thats a warp pipe.... So is this playable alone?

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017

unknown.png

unknown.png

So are you having fun with it so far overall? Is the combat and hit reactions satisfying? How is basic exploration and are the environments varied enough or feel too mmo like/copy-paste? Sorry for all the questions just thinking of getting this for myself if there's enough to sink into already.

Rumi

Oct 26, 2017
So are you having fun with it so far overall? Is the combat and hit reactions satisfying? How is basic exploration and are the environments varied enough or feel too mmo like/copy-paste? Sorry for all the questions just thinking of getting this for myself if there's enough to sink into already.
The grid of maps that you can unlock is 11x11 and features a few duplicate maps that are exactly the same but with higher enemy levels unfortunately.

OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017

Yeah, I'm having fun with it, I can definitely see the potential here. Just needs some refinement, bug fixes, and optimizations.

It is a survival game, so you need to eat food and craft equipment such as weapons, armor, and tools.

You start out on a small island, I'll call it Tutorial Island, since it teaches you what you need to know.

From there, you need to build a Teleportation Gate in order to unlock and access other islands with different materials and biomes.

Some islands are small, some islands are big, and some islands have all kinds of different biomes in one.

You might even see structures like bridges, camps, and encounter friendly NPC's.

As for combat and skills, combat feels pretty good but there is also plenty of room for improvement. The AI for some enemies is questionable.

There are TONS of skills, basic skills, combat skills, magic skills, life skills, and trick skills.

Each category having at least 5 different tiers, but I'd say about half of the skills aren't in game yet.

There are dungeons, but right now the dungeons feel a bit samey.

The dungeons I've been in have been rather small, with some enemies to fight, and a boss at the end.

Sometimes there are dungeons where you need to complete a certain task like reach the end before time runs out or solve a puzzle.

The grid of maps that you can unlock is 11x11 and features a few duplicate maps that are exactly the same but with higher enemy levels unfortunately.

I haven't unlocked too many islands yet, but hopefully that's not that case when it leaves EA. x_x

Last edited:

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
read through reviews and the common theme between both positive and negative reviews is quite clear (and totally expected): a LOT of potential in the title, but you likely want to wait until it's a bit further down in release versions because right now there's a lot of missing/broken items and glitches.

So I have it in my wishlist and will wait to see how it keeps developing.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
don't expect much. it's real fun to run around and explore. or waste time building a pretty base. or waste time building a crazy conveyor belt breeding facility loop into a cooking pot. or place generators (death treadmills) at every NPC's spawn point. or make a conveyor belt mining op and afk grind a billion ingots or

OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017
They've been putting out quite a lot of patch notes lately, so that's good to see.

I'm in the process of making an iron ore farm. I found two flat iron nodes on this island, so I built a long conveyer belt system that brings iron ore to my base and I built an automatic furnace that smelts them for me. Very handy!

unknown.png

On a side note, I put a tamed Merchant NPC into the livestock extractor, and it's producing milk.

Very suspicious indeed.

unknown.png

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I forgot this was out in Early Access (and then the holidays made me totally forget about this), but my friend just got this for me for my birthday.
Really looking forward to trying it out!

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
My survival game crew has been playing this on and off for the last couple of weeks. Super janky but a ton of fun.

Light sabers, hoverboards, auto cow burning farms in an obvious breath of the wild landscape. Has it all. Want to put together a merchant breeder for those big bucks.