• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
I would have no idea how to play the MP without lock on now haha. That would be so frustrating haha.

Exactly,
Anyone trying to claim that crackdown would be better without locking, has obvious never player crackdown, or a game with players flying everywhere.

On PC is would be a bit easier, but characters are small in Crackdown, it would be a frustrating experience.

Having said that, I am having fun with the MP, and am incredibly excited to play the Campaign.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Exactly,
Anyone trying to claim that crackdown would be better without locking, has obvious never player crackdown, or a game with players flying everywhere.

On PC is would be a bit easier, but characters are small in Crackdown, it would be a frustrating experience.

Having said that, I am having fun with the MP, and am incredibly excited to play the Campaign.
Also lock on doesnt mean easy damage. Lock on has a limited range and alot of guns are different in damage at range.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
The game is pretty fun and it looks good too. But I'm getting a macro stutter, like at least 5 times every match the game will completely freeze for 1-2 seconds, hopefully they will fix that by launch.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
So I've played nearly 4 hours of this mode and every minute of it has been such a joy. Hopefully, they can address the lack of parties and minor stuttering, but everything else is so good.

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't manage to play it but did the framerate feel better and did HDR look proper now? If not I guess that's saved for the launch then.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
LegalKeyKatydid-size_restricted.gif

klaus

Oct 28, 2017
Had even more fun than last time! The controls are just sooo good, really feels like being overpowered as f* :)

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
I'm glad they decided to use the destruction this way. It adds a real gameplay element and it's not just a gimmick.

Do think they can do more with it. Would love some destruction based objectives in an online mode.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
Man, played again for an hour and still find the gameplay addictive! The mobility and crazy action is really awesome IMO. I even got a single kill on zedox in one match, and he seemed like a beast based on the final rankings :) I had another crazy moment where I was facing off with someone and used my vertical boost to jump right up at them and finish off with my annihilator gun.

docyoe

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
That IGN preview really confuses me the more I play.
Let's not kid ourselves while the multiplayer is fun in short bursts it will get old pretty fast for most players.
It's pretty much what Ryan and Destin said in the preview and I totally can see that.
The majority of the players will be spending their time with campaign.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Let's not kid ourselves while the multiplayer is fun in short bursts it will get old pretty fast for most players.
It's pretty much what Ryan and Destin said in the preview and I totally can see that.

I agree that it won't be the next PUBG or Apex. And I also think it won't be fun to play for 5 hours straight. But I've played it for 4 hours now and I really enjoyed it. And that's only one of two modes and one of three maps.

If they add progression and global leaderboards I could see this being a very nice multiplayer for a mostly singleplayer game. Ryan was really down on it, while Destin's opinion more reflects what you are saying now. Ryan really didn't like it.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018

You can simply look at their gameplay to see how wrong they're doing it.

I mean if I spent most of my time on the ground instead of 10s of metres in the air, then yeah I'd think the game was boring too.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Is a game with multiplayer that is not so good make a single player game worse? And should it be scored Lower than a game without one at all?

What do you think? In my opinion; if a developer adds a multiplayer mode to the game, that multipalyer mode is part of the game and that should be reflected in the game. So if Ryan doesn't like Crackdown's multiplayer, it should lower the total score of the game. And that should've happened for Halo 4 too.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
He gave Halo 4 a 9.8/10
Don't trust his multiplayer opinions

His take on Super Lucky's Tale was ridiculous as well, and he gave it one of the lowest scores the game has gotten. I've experienced none of the sluggish controls that he talked about, so it's not like it was a matter of subjective opinion, he was objectively wrong.

I like the guy a lot as a podcast host, I like him enough as an interviewer, but I disagree with his opinions very often.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What do you think? In my opinion; if a developer adds a multiplayer mode to the game, that multipalyer mode is part of the game and that should be reflected in the game. So if Ryan doesn't like Crackdown's multiplayer, it should lower the total score of the game. And that should've happened for Halo 4 too.
If there's solo and MP, they should separate the scores, not everyone likes MP or solo in games that offer both, so dedicated scores would be better, to better reflect each mode to the readers/viewers.

If he did not like the MP, maybe someone who liked it should have reviewed that part. If a racing fan reviewer gets to review a football game, does he have to put a low score because he does not like it ?

Back on topic, can't wait to be able to play the full game (both MP and solo), I like the MP now, before this technical test the MP was "meh" to me.

NitX

Lead Developer
Verified
Aug 20, 2018
Watching all these gifs makes me super excited for the next gen when cloud compute will hopefully be more mainstream ..

OP
OP
zedox

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
Man, played again for an hour and still find the gameplay addictive! The mobility and crazy action is really awesome IMO. I even got a single kill on zedox in one match, and he seemed like a beast based on the final rankings :) I had another crazy moment where I was facing off with someone and used my vertical boost to jump right up at them and finish off with my annihilator gun.
Yea man. I remember seeing your name. Good games man. I had a fucking blast.

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
finally, looking to get in some wrecking action on the beta/test
I apologize in advance if you see me on your team, only shooting at buildings!

Vj27

Feb 10, 2019
I finally got mlg at this game, me being the fps master that I am it is of no surprise to me lol. If you see vj27 on your team your in good hands.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is why Red Dead Redemption 2 was missing its MP at release. I don't quite agree. I think components of games should be reviewed separately in some cases. Let's be honest, though. This is entirely rooted in score number fetishism.

melodiousmowl

Jan 14, 2018
CT
played today's test on pc, and it makes me want a 1080p60 option on x1x

also, a lot of players are not mindless drones sitting on the ground anymore and the combat was way more interesting

Last edited:

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Played a couple of rounds and I feel like I got my fill. It's very mindless multiplayer and really wasn't all that fun.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
I played another hour tonight, and honestly it almost gets better for me each time. It is one of the most fun and interesting multiplayer experiences that I have had in a long time.

Also pro tip, try playing with some headphones on as the sound really pops more that way and gives some wow factor to the destruction for me.