• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Maybe a dumb question but is crossplay enabled? (And will it be enabled in the final game?) I know about competitive advantages but I just want to play with my PC friend.

The final game for sure supports crossplay. Being lock-in based, there's absolutely no reason not to have it in all modes.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/c...erIntent=Consumer&activetab=pivot:overviewtab

I'm not sure about the technical test, I can't verify that yet, but I would assume yes. I don't think they'd split the player base at all.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
I was definitely bummed out when the play test time was over, as I wanted to keep going. It will be great to jump in on this when I want to just "unwind" and have some fun, and I suspect that Arena Mode on Sea of Thieves will be similar for me in that regard when it comes out too. I don't expect great reviews from the critics or anything, but honestly I don't care at all after having fun there. This game went way up in hype for me after this because I loved the graphics style and can't wait to play through the campaign with those graphics too. I had never played Crackdown before other than to install the original one and play for just a few minutes after they X enhanced it, and people saying that this looks like a 360 game after I saw this today compared to that game even native 4K enhanced are just full of it frankly. Just because a game isn't going for the God of War or Red Dead realism in its graphics doesn't mean they didn't hit something that looks nice and is different than anything else out there visually right now IMO.

Crackdown 3 rocks! Ignore the haters :)

OP
OP
zedox

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
I was definitely bummed out when the play test time was over, as I wanted to keep going. It will be great to jump in on this when I want to just "unwind" and have some fun, and I suspect that Arena Mode on Sea of Thieves will be similar for me in that regard when it comes out too. I don't expect great reviews from the critics or anything, but honestly I don't care at all after having fun there. This game went way up in hype for me after this because I loved the graphics style and can't wait to play through the campaign with those graphics too. I had never played Crackdown before other than to install the original one and play for just a few minutes after they X enhanced it, and people saying that this looks like a 360 game after I saw this today compared to that game even native 4K enhanced are just full of it frankly. Just because a game isn't going for the God of War or Red Dead realism in its graphics doesn't mean they didn't hit something that looks nice and is different than anything else out there visually right now IMO.

Crackdown 3 rocks! Ignore the haters :)
Basically. I kept playing rounds until I couldn't anymore.

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
• The lock on is ok, I dread to think of what itd be like without it.
•The hiding behind buildings is kinda fun avoiding lock ons and crap.
•Music is fitting
•Jumping and dashing around is fun

Bit meh
• Guns don't have a satisfying kick
•Feels really laggy at times
•Destruction is a bit flimsy
•I REALLY hope that isn't the only mp mode, if it is I can't see myself playing it longer than an hour.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
•Music is fitting

Bit meh
•I REALLY hope that isn't the only mp mode, if it is I can't see myself playing it longer than an hour.

There are two modes and three maps.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
•Music is fitting

Bit meh

The guns kick thing. I kind of felt that as well. I had the same issue with Doom.

Johnson

Jan 8, 2018
Okay, after an hour of play, I softened to the extent that I can say it certainly is fun. Two modes, three maps, terrible UI/audio/HDR implentation, weird control scheme and overall sense of "cheapness" not withstanding, you can certainly enjoy yourself watching things blow up. $60 though? Not a chance. The campaign is definitley the meal, this is a classic 360/PS3 generation tacked on MP experience through and through.
And where's the harm in that? They've never claimed it's the next big esport.

Nuri

Jan 4, 2018
Only was able to play about 5 games earlier. It was pretty fun after I got the hang of things in third game. I really like it so far (the destruction, movement, everything). I know they will expand with new modes and maps as the year goes on and I wasn't looking forward to multiplayer at all but I'm in. Its just fun.

Deleted member 6562

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I downloaded this, but I can't seem to join a match? I press A on Agent Hunter, but I just see the same message of the day (as if I hit B). Pressing A on Territories does not do anything. Is the test still going? I thought it was 3pm Eastern-11pm Eastern.

Oh weird, now I am getting a different message. I guess it's over. Oh well

OP
OP
zedox

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
I downloaded this, but I can't seem to join a match? I press A on Agent Hunter, but I just see the same message of the day (as if I hit B). Pressing A on Territories does not do anything. Is the test still going? I thought it was 3pm Eastern-11pm Eastern.

Oh weird, now I am getting a different message. I guess it's over. Oh well
Next testing time is 12am - 2am EST.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
quick question - the old tech demo's destruction went down to being able to punch tiny holes in walls with individual bullets. nothing i've seen indicates destruction is at that fine a level, nor would it make sense agmeplay-wise with how easily things blow up in the final game, but can anyone confirm that you can/cant do that?

jem

Oct 25, 2017
quick question - the old tech demo's destruction went down to being able to punch tiny holes in walls with individual bullets. nothing i've seen indicates destruction is at that fine a level, nor would it make sense agmeplay-wise with how easily things blow up in the final game, but can anyone confirm that you can/cant do that?
You can't as far as I can tell

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Played a few rounds and enjoyed it. The destructable environments add a pretty interesting twist to things. Nothing I'd mess around with seriously though or buy the game for.

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
The destruction goes beyond just spectacle. Once you learn how to play it, Crackdown Wrecking Zone might look basic, but its much deeper than I wouldve thought. Cant wait until it opens up and everyone else is on board.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
The destruction goes beyond just spectacle. Once you learn how to play it, Crackdown Wrecking Zone might look basic, but its much deeper than I wouldve thought. Cant wait until it opens up and everyone else is on board.
Destruction + double jumping + double boosting + special abilities + lock on is a really interesting combination of mobility opportunity and enemy avoidance.

Streamed this and was actually the #1 streamer for the first two hours that the test was up. I had way more fun with it than I expected. The destruction awe is real and the mobility is so much fun. It is a great change of pace from the uber-competitive games that I normally play. Will definitely be trying out more. Looking forward to seeing what else Wrecking Zone has to offer. How many maps? Modes? Progression? Cosmetics? Anything?

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017

I believe they scaled that back quite a bit. The complexity of the buildings as a whole are also far less elaborate than the tech demos of yesteryear.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
whether or not wrecking zone turns out to be worthwhile, i'm fucking excited as hell for the destruction tech to make its way into other games.

Oct 26, 2017

It really isn't like that at all anymore. I would call it much worse, sadly. I remember that footage very well and that looked so damn good. I believe you even saw dust effects? Not totally sure about that, but the way things were destroyed definitely looked a lot better than this. I don't know why.

That being said it's still great to ram through the walls and stuff like that.

klaus

Oct 28, 2017
First match was rough (bad frame pacing, 4vs3 teams, had no clue what I was doing), but it got better and better every match. Hope they get the technical stuff sorted out and add more game modes & maps, this could become something very special!

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
It really isn't like that at all anymore. I would call it much worse, sadly. I remember that footage very well and that looked so damn good. I believe you even saw dust effects? Not totally sure about that, but the way things were destroyed definitely looked a lot better than this. I don't know why.

That being said it's still great to ram through the walls and stuff like that.
Hm, sorry mate, but I just can't sign this. I expect you played the technical test quite a few rounds - while I see it looks different today (it is a playable game today vs a tech demo) - calling it "it really isn't like that at all anymore" is just objectively wrong in my book and doesn't give the devs behind this incredible tech any justice.

GreenBleakEwe-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
It was just a tech demo, but it really wouldn't make much sense to keep that granularity with the current fast-paced gameplay design. Likewise with slow, systematic destruction of whole buildings, you'd never get to experience any significant destruction in a single match. Maybe if they add some completely different modes at a later date, but right now it has no place in this game.

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
I recorded some gameplay during my stream earlier. It was a fun time. Even though it won't be mistaken for the deepest mp experience the game does have more nuance than simply lock on and fire until you or the enemy dies.