• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Y'all need to be sure you learn the controls around jumping and boosting in mid-air.

Not only do you have a double jump, you also have two boosts you can use every time you jump.

There are a ton of options for mobility to let you get around the environment, evade your opponents' lock-ons, and everything else which goes with fully destructible environments.

starfox

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Portugal
Without question a truly awful experience.

Destruction is paired back from initial footage, the menus are literally from 2006, lag spikes are game breaking, lock on aiming is disgusting and the auto pistol is more powerful than the rocket launcher.

Couple of plus points, the visuals are nice @4k/60fps and the jumping mechanics are good.

Genuinely love the clean visuals, great artstyle.
Without a question, indeed.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Oke MP is growing on me after i played more matches and started using the "right guns"

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Going to miss this test today. Anyway it's not a Crackdown thread with game is good looking to game is last gen looking.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Couple more matches in, it really feels like a classic tack-on multi mode (on the lower end of that scale.) I honestly do not understand why the multi focus is on PvP, it should be two teams each with their own tower. First to take down the other teams tower wins.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
i am disappointed that they fell into the design mistakes i was afraid of regarding the lock on issues and how the destruction is pretty much meaningless. they needed to nail the aspect of how the destruction blends into gameplay and yet they fell to the 2 things i was most scared of.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
+ Super fun, you clearly feel that Certain Affinity helped
+ great movement
+ shooting feels powerful
+ amazing sound design
+ looks very good/crisp on X
+ addicting
+ destruction can look spectacular, but can look mediocre sometimes, too
+ causing destruction fills your ultimate
+ vertical gameplay wins

- FPS can be bad
- sometimes super chaotic
- lag spikes here and there, still a technical test though
- limited gameplay choices

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Lol the comments from the narrator are awesome lol when you get kills or get killed etc.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Whelp.

My experience on Xbox One X

1. Menus are indeed from 360 2006.

2. Frames was actually okay. Felt like almost locked 30fps

3. No real music in the in the game feels odd. It can get very quiet.

4. Lock on? Yeah. I don't see how this game will have extended life.

5. I did see some cool destruction. It was ridiculous. It actually fell on me. But it didnt do any damage so I didn't really care much.

6. The Atmos is actually nice. No one is mentioning that.

Am done.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Couple more matches in, it really feels like a classic tack-on multi mode (on the lower end of that scale.) I honestly do not understand why the multi focus is on PvP, it should be two teams each with their own tower. First to take down the other teams tower wins.

This idea sounds great. Essentially like a destruction based version of something like Splatoon, only instead of colouring the entire enemy area, you're trying to destroy it or their tower. It could make for an interesting dynamic of trying to fend off opponents whilst simultaneously doing as much damage to their tower or base as humanly possible.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
After playing a couple of matches I'm actually enjoying myself. I had a 3v3 match, so it was less chaos. Both teams were trying to use the destruction in their advantage, going 2v1 while one was destroying the buildings with a rocket launcher and the other one was hunting the player with a gun. Won 23-7.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
4. Lock on? Yeah. I don't see how this game will have extended life.

With the speed of the movement and how quickly you can boost around, how else would you handle it especially on controllers?

This is something I would expect to come later on.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Alright, after 7 or 8 matches I can tell that it's just not for me.

I'll be around for the campaign experience, but I'm passing on the multiplayer.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Okay, after an hour of play, I softened to the extent that I can say it certainly is fun. Two modes, three maps, terrible UI/audio/HDR implentation, weird control scheme and overall sense of "cheapness" not withstanding, you can certainly enjoy yourself watching things blow up. $60 though? Not a chance. The campaign is definitley the meal, this is a classic 360/PS3 generation tacked on MP experience through and through.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
Y'all need to be sure you learn the controls around jumping and boosting in mid-air.

Not only do you have a double jump, you also have two boosts you can use every time you jump.

There are a ton of options for mobility to let you get around the environment, evade your opponents' lock-ons, and everything else which goes with fully destructible environments.
Mobility is fine, really promising actually but I don't enjoy the game mode.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Alright, played 6 matches. Won 3, lost 3. Still have some performance problems. Gonna try and change some settings.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Played a couple of rounds. That was actually really fun. The movement and abilities work really well. Don't know how long I'd play this MP mode but this bodes well for SP. The cloud physics work beautifully as well. I noticed lag in traversal but not really in the physics animations. Games run at an easy 4k60 with room to spare on a 2080 Ti. Had some stuttering though.

Oct 26, 2017
I made a few photos to show the difference between SDR and HDR and trust me, it's even worse here, more washed out and the blacks are dark grey. It's not vibrant looking at all during a match in HDR. These photos make SDR look more vibrant than it truly is. It looks very... colorless almost here.

Goddamn, I'm disappointed now. So hoped for great HDR here.

SDR
img_20190207_214812igkqh.jpg

HDR
img_20190207_215312nrjqd.jpg

HDR (look at the difference in black levels)
img_20190207_21502516kzg.jpg

SDR

img_20190207_215500jrk2l.jpg

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I made a few photos to show the difference between SDR and HDR and trust me, it's even worse here, more washed out and the blacks are dark grey. It's not vibrant looking at all during a match in HDR. These photos make SDR look more vibrant than it truly is. It looks very... colorless almost here.

SDR

HDR

SDR

Are you in the Discord for the tests?

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Right, different question then, are the people calling it meh just playing against shit people?

Because I've had some close matches and it can get seriously intense. I've had a few duels which went on for 30 or so seconds because we were both boosting and jumping all over the place.

Seeing two lock on lines and trying to navigate your way to safety is stressful.

This shit is fun.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Does someone has some maxed out PC shots?
I'll snag some for you when I get a chance, but that could take a few hours (break).

I'm really liking this so far, it's pure chaos, and fun. It feels like the best a Crackdown MP mode could be. I love ther verticality, the destruction is fantastic, and like nothing else I've ever played. It also looks great at 4k on a 1080ti.

I don't think it will be a hit with Competitive gamers, but it could be huge with the more casual players, or people who just want fun.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Oh dear, that was disappointing.

Barely even played one match on the One X and it was awful. Terrible lag/frame rate or both. Had to quit before the end.

Hopefully the single player is much better.

peepers

Dec 10, 2017
Biscay

SDR

HDR

SDR

???? SDR looks insane compared to what it looked like on my set and your HDR. I hope it has an easy fix although with HDR you never know

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The movement, map awareness and ability cooldown management are definitely where the skill gap will be. Feeling better about the gameplay the more I get used to it, but the framerate/pacing is definitely not that smooth on a base Xbox One.

So I'm wondering, are people with an Xbox One X experiencing any issues with how it runs? That'll SUCK if it's choppy for both campaign and multiplayer on the base Xbox One.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
The movement, map awareness and ability cooldown management are definitely where the skill gap will be. Feeling better about the gameplay the more I get used to it, but the framerate/pacing is definitely not that smooth on a base Xbox One.

So I'm wondering, are people with an Xbox One X experiencing any issues with how it runs? That'll SUCK if it's choppy for both campaign and multiplayer on the base Xbox One.
It runs not great. Not bad also but not locked 30 for sure. But we have alot of footage from MP from last week on Xbox One X and that looked smoother. This is a technical test (probably older build and all)

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Right, different question then, are the people calling it meh just playing against shit people?

Because I've had some close matches and it can get seriously intense. I've had a few duels which went on for 30 or so seconds because we were both boosting and jumping all over the place.

Seeing two lock on lines and trying to navigate your way to safety is stressful.

This shit is fun.
We could just not like the game...

megathemiis

Oct 27, 2017
Had some pretty fun matches. At first destruction seems meaningless, but the more you get used to the gameplay mechanics and the verticality the more you get it. It's not a multiplayer revolution, but it's also not as bad as many people present it.

Although something fells off with the performance on my Xbox One X. I hope that the final product runs better.

meenseen84

Feb 15, 2018
Minneapolis
I thought it was kind of fun. The destruction was ok, but didn't give me a "wow" moment. I wish they would have used all of the resources and just focused on the campaign with co-op. Hopefully they learned something about the cloud that can be used in the future because I don't think it did much for this game.

professor_t

Oct 27, 2017
It's kind of astounding that the impressions are this bad. What were they doing with all of that extra time they invested? And, bear in mind, I am an ENORMOUS fan of Crackdown. I even liked the second game!

I hope the outcome for the single player is substantially better.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017

SDR

HDR

SDR

No doubt about it , it's glaringly obvious , so I'd chalk it up to a bug. You can see it on the screen when matchmaking happens. Part of the screen with the scrolling text on it is perfectly black, however the background and 3D parts of the menu are rendering lighter than they should

y0f9ZiY.png

I've let my contacts at Microsoft/Sumo know but I'd be really suprised if it hadn't been spotted and hadn't been fixed already .

Last edited:

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Without question a truly awful experience.

Destruction is paired back from initial footage, the menus are literally from 2006, lag spikes are game breaking, lock on aiming is disgusting and the auto pistol is more powerful than the rocket launcher.

Couple of plus points, the visuals are nice @4k/60fps and the jumping mechanics are good.

Genuinely love the clean visuals, great artstyle.
Basically how I feel: utter meh. But Crackdown was never about PvP as far as I'm concerned, so I'm looking forward to checking out the campaign, which got more positive previews than the MP too.
No doubt about it , it's glaringly obvious , so I'd chalk it up to a bug. You can see it on the screen when matchmaking happens. Part of the screen with the scrolling text on it is perfectly black, however the background and 3D parts of the menu are rendering lighter than they should

y0f9ZiY_d.jpg

I've let my contacts at Microsoft/Sumo know but I'd be really suprised if it hadn't been spotted and hadn't been fixed already .
Sumo? They've nothing to do with Wrecking Zone.

peepers

Dec 10, 2017
Biscay
Maybe a dumb question but is crossplay enabled? (And will it be enabled in the final game?) I know about competitive advantages but I just want to play with my PC friend.