• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Predict Crackdown 3's Metacritic score

• 59 or lower

Votes: 151 7.1%
  • 60-69

Votes: 669 31.6%
  • 70-79

Votes: 1,061 50.0%
  • 80-89

Votes: 200 9.4%
  • fun (90 or higher)

Votes: 39 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't take any detective work lol.
tenor.gif

One more thing, sir...you're apparently mostly present in Xbox related threads, how do you know about the guys in the Sony 1st party threads? :)))))))

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just want to say, the past two days at work were super boring but this thread has kept me going, great times everyone.

Dec 5, 2017
Idk what people were expecting. I very much am enjoying this game, it was aiming to be a more advanced crackdown 1 and that is exactly what it is. I can't imagine giving it below a 7/7.5 out of 10

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
It is pretty funny seeing a lot of posters who spend most of their time in the Sony first party thread set up camp in here lol.
This^^Lol
"Set up camp" was extremely accurate.

BACK ON TOPIC: I cant believe this thread has gone #66 pg's. That's insane for a game thats horribly mediocre. Why spend so much time and effort on mediocrity?

Oct 27, 2017
Played 2 hours on X. This is Crackdown 1 on steroids. If you liked that game you will like this. I'm having a blast. Collecting orbs will never get old and I don't know of other games with this mechanic. Would personally have scored thus higher than 60s that's for sure. If you were expecting a revolution then yes it will be disappointing

Maybe Snake? initiates Dark Souls evasion move

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You're so right. If someone owns a PS4 they shouldn't be allowed to participate in discussions for games on other platforms, regardless of what other platforms they may also own. I mean that's just not right, yeah? /s

You know what he means kid.

The most shocking part is the fact people still even care about reviews for anything be it a game, movie or tv show.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and everyone is different. People just need to try shit out, reviews seems so silly to me unless it's a technical review for bugs/performance. Who cares if Jerry hates or loves that movie, he might have shit taste in your opinion

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
This^^Lol

BACK ON TOPIC: I cant believe this thread has gone #66 pg's. That's insane for a game thats horribly mediocre. Why spend so much time and effort on mediocrity?

Thanks for asking! I agree with you: with a Metacritic score of 60, Crackdown 3 is a horribly mediocre game. However, I'm here because I predicted this would be an incredibly entertaining thread, and yep, it really has been.

Oct 27, 2017
This^^Lol

For the same reason people love Russian fail videos on YT or seeing someone stumble over their own feet. Entertainment. And boy, this thread delivered entertainment for sure. I will rate this thread a 8.5/10 ...plus it's free, no sub required!

Jaxar

Oct 25, 2017
Australia

Sorry son, I don't.

The fact that people post in Sony threads and also this thread doesn't mean shit. Plenty of us (like myself) own more than one console and have an interest in multiple platforms. This game being somewhat high profile for quite a few years now is naturally going to attract interest from all sorts of people. It's just the fact that it reviewed relatively poorly and now people like yourself are getting upset about it receiving various criticisms from both critics and end users.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
The most shocking part is the fact people still even care about reviews for anything be it a game, movie or tv show.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and everyone is different. People just need to try shit out, reviews seems so silly to me unless it's a technical review for bugs/performance. Who cares if Jerry hates or loves that movie, he might have shit taste in your opinion

This is a thread about reviews.

People are replying in this thread because they care about the reviews for Crackdown 3.

Anti

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Australia
Eh.. I've been playing the multiplayer for a couple of hours now. The cloud destruction works. It's functional. It's really cool. And according to Joseph Staten other MS devs are working with it right now.

So, it's all but dead.

What? M8 I know about your love for MS but that multiplayer looks nothing like what they showed cloud will do, it is disappointing to say the least.

On another note, people wondering why this thread has so many replies, is not just because crackdown 3 has mixed to bad reviews, it is because in this generation it has become a pattern that a 1st party MS exclusive will get mixed to bad reviews when Nintendo and Sony are getting excellent in most of the big ones, it is hard not to feel disappointed if you own a Xbone because I am sure they were expecting something else...

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Antagonizing Other Users; History of Similar Behavior
Sorry son, I don't.

The fact that people post in Sony threads and also this thread doesn't mean shit. Plenty of us (like myself) own more than one console and have an interest in multiple platforms. This game being somewhat high profile for quite a few years now is naturally going to attract interest from all sorts of people. It's just the fact that it reviewed relatively poorly and now people like yourself are getting upset about it receiving various criticisms from both critics and end users.

The best part is you assume something about me because I called you out for purposely being dim witted. Nice try chief, but you know he meant the people who actively root for a game to fail because it's not on the console they prefer.

You ain't slick so head back to wherever you crawled out of. Acting like you are some observer and no one in this thread could be a troll, you must have just recently joined this thing called the internet.

Oh and I could give a shit less what anyone says since you apparently didn't read my full post at all. I'll give it a shot and see if I enjoy it down the road like I do with any game I'm curious about.

Edit: I see your old posts completely being pro Sony lol, real slick son. Head back to your cave troll. Trying to stir shit up just because y'all make me laugh

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is a thread about reviews.

People are replying in this thread because they care about the reviews for Crackdown 3.

I understand that part, but both sides those trashing the game and those defending the game are legit crazy to me. Why do they care so much about the review scores?

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
What? M8 I know about your love for MS but that multiplayer looks nothing like what they showed cloud will do, it is disappointing to say the least.

On another note, people wondering why this thread has so many replies, is not just because crackdown 3 has mixed to bad reviews, it is because in this generation it has become a pattern that a 1st party MS exclusive will get mixed to bad reviews when Nintendo and Sony are getting excellent in most of the big ones, it is hard not to feel disappointed if you own a Xbone because I am sure they were expecting something else...

Sorry, should've said: I think it's really cool.

And yes, the cloud technology works. And it's much less laggy than in the demo ;)

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
The best part is you assume something about me because I called you out for purposely being dim witted. Nice try chief, but you know he meant the people who actively root for a game to fail because it's not on the console they prefer.

You ain't slick so head back to wherever you crawled out of. Acting like you are some observer and no one in this thread could be a troll, you must have just recently joined this thing called the internet.

Oh and I could give a shit less what anyone says since you apparently didn't read my full post at all. I'll give it a shot and see if I enjoy it down the road like I do with any game I'm curious about.

Edit: I see your old posts completely being pro Sony lol, real slick son. Head back to your cave troll. Trying to stir shit up just because y'all make me laugh

Everyone's understandably excited, but you might want to slow your roll just a little bit.

Kas'

Oct 26, 2017
I understand that part, but both sides those trashing the game and those defending the game are legit crazy to me. Why do they care so much about the review scores?

It is a game in of itself and it has been going on since the advent of videogame websites and forums.

True story, on another forum wayyyyy back in the day (Cloudchaser/XenGen/Modojo) when I was a wee lad, I made a bet that Wario World would get above 80% on GameRankings.com You see back then there was a "war" between Xbox fans and Gamecube fans on which console was better and one of the ways to "prove" which was better was to see who had more exclusives above 80% on Gamerankings. It is just the way things are man.

Wario World did not end up reaching 80% and I got "owned"

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone's understandably excited, but you might want to slow your roll just a little bit.

Nah not excited in the slightest, just can't stand when people try pulling shit like that, for any reason. Why try and stir up console war shit on a forum? Like what purpose does that serve.

Dude intentionally was doing just that because he was bored I guess? Those who hate the game and have reasons, cool those who love the game and have reasons, cool.

Those who come in a thread just to start shit, nah not cool at all. And unfortunately this thread has seen it from both sides like ol' boy who posted how every Xbox game was better than a Sony game. Just boggles the mind

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It is a game in of itself and it has been going on since the advent of videogame websites and forums.

True story, on another forum wayyyyy back in the day (Cloudchaser/XenGen/Modojo) when I was a wee lad, I made a bet that Wario World would get above 80% on GameRankings.com You see back then there was a "war" between Xbox fans and Gamecube fans on which console was better and one of the ways to "prove" which was better was to see who had more exclusives above 80% on Gamerankings. It is just the way things are man.

Wario World did not end up reaching 80% and I got "owned"

Back in the day I understand it, games went on sale less, no YouTube, you had to find out something so you didn't waste your money. But now, in 2019 way too many resources to get legit invested in any sort of review score

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Are people drawing comparisons with RDR 2 and GoW being serious? I mean RDR 2 in particular has a lot of issues but at the same time you can highlight 10 other things the game does incredibly well that makes up for it. What does Crackdown offer that can make up for how dated a lot of it is? Nothing much, the game is just decent at best all round which is why there's nothing to really save it from getting low review scores if the person doesn't particularly find "Crackdown" fun.

Sinfamy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Back in the day I understand it, games went on sale less, no YouTube, you had to find out something so you didn't waste your money. But now, in 2019 way too many resources to get legit invested in any sort of review score
Developer bonuses, pay and job security are often tied directly to metacritic scores, see Obsidian and New Vegas.
And the mass market cares, no one wants to spend money and time on a game that is seen as overwhelmingly bad.

Dark_EMT

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
And in the early X1 days.

8GNhVbl.png
Yes he was but not quite as douchey as last gen. Mainly because the 360 was killing it. But once the PS4 was poised to take over this gen he chilled out a lot. He was more into damage control during early X1 days. Last gen he always bashed ps3 game sales and compared them to other successful 360 games. To this date I despite that douche.

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
If nothing else this thread has exposed plenty of console warriors I can ignore I. The future.

I have gamepass so I'll give it a shot over the weekend and see what I think. Looking at videos and stuff I don't think I'll enjoy it, I liked CD1 but after so much time I was hoping for a lot more from this game.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon

Reviews help to inform people who might not have the time or money to just "try shit out." Obviously if a game looks like something I'll enjoy, I'll get it regardless of reviews. But positive reviews have also got me to buy (and enjoy) games I probably wouldn't have otherwise considered. God of War is a good example of this. It's not a game I was going to buy day one, but the very good reviews and impressions changed that. Same goes for The Last of Us. Do you think a new IP like The Last of Us would have been even remotely as successful as it is today had there been no reviews for it?

Props to those who still enjoy poorly reviewed games, but I personally find that my own tastes line up pretty well with the average reviewer, and I doubt I'm alone in that.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This^^Lol

Because people love to see brands or companies fail. If Crackdown 3 was a third party game this thread will have less than half of the responses. It gives those who are Sony fans or Nintendo fans or who don't like Microsoft an excuse to trumpet their favorite brands and/or shit on MS. They don't even care about the game.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Crackdown is not about mission structure, never has been, you play the game how you want. You can fight the final boss as soon as you turn the game on, mission structure would make it NOT Crackdown..

Ah yes, the rigidity argument:

If the game abandons X, it ceases to be Y.

Bullshit.

Time and time again we've seen sequels radically alter and even reinvent their respective franchises and in doing so inject theses franchises with vitality and longevity.

If everyone thought like you, we'd still have tank controls in Resident Evil and Kratos would still be an angsty prick killing everything in his path for shits and giggles.

Crackdown 3 is stagnation; a time capsule that ignores the last twelve years of innovation and advancement. It's not a horrible or unplayable game but it is incredibly antiquated in just about every facet of its execution and the fact that some of you like this dusty relic doesn't change that reality.