• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Predict Crackdown 3's Metacritic score

• 59 or lower

Votes: 151 7.1%
  • 60-69

Votes: 669 31.6%
  • 70-79

Votes: 1,061 50.0%
  • 80-89

Votes: 200 9.4%
  • fun (90 or higher)

Votes: 39 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

docyoe

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
This and the barebones multiplayer are the two reasons I can't recommend this game. The rest of it is all pretty.. good?
The mission structure is just very repetitive. In the parts I've seen and played right now I see one interesting boss fight (the industry one).

The game is not bad. It's just.. a 2007 game in a 2019 shell
pretty much.

Super Barrier

Nov 20, 2017
Ms fans act like they are a cult. You can't say anything negative about Xbox brand. They will hunt you down you ask for a ban. You can't deny how great their games are and the whole media is wrong.

But when it comes with articles saying Xbox is set to dominate nextgen they are right.

They make 1-2 threads about negative aspects from sony. They point Sony as arrogant. Always the same users and it is fine.

But if you show the reality to them how Ms lacks in game department. How bad there games are you get banned.

That's how the cult of Xbox works in Era since last E3 allowed by the mods

Everyone with eyes know what I'm saying is the truth.

Everybody can see the whole threads created every week against Sony. How arrogant they are. Against Lauren, Ryan. Always made by Xbox fans.

Persecution complex... yes... let it all out.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
Lets be honest i know taste is different per person, but the first party output by Microsoft has been really shit this gen. I feel obligated to say it on Era but i own all consoles and i have no agenda. I love my One X for what it is and i enjoy my time with most games because of gamepass and as a multiplat console. I hope next gen MS gets that 360 era swang back and gives us the good stuff.

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
Its not this game only. Their biggest games like Gears and Halo are Meh at the best their new IPs cant even hit 80 at metacriticts. The only good game that they make atm is Forza and thats it. Microsoft is far from what it used to be and what can be. Its a shame.

"Meh at best" with metascires around 85?
The two series of Forza games have great reviews from two different teams
Ori and Cuphead are also amazing games being ignored just because those are 2D.
Sunset Overdrive was also a grat game
Killer instinct started bad, but with updates it evolved into a really great game with good reviews of its last version (and I'm hoping the same happens with sea of thieves)

Are those few games?, YES, is it enough for 5 years?, of course not but saying they only released Forza Horizon 4 like most people are doing isnt fair.

Its like, the only PS4 exclusives that I liked are persona, Uncharted 4 bloodborne and God of war, but I wouldnt say that those are the only 4 good exclusives that the console has.

Bryo4321

Nov 20, 2017
Except it follows open world trends from 10 years ago instead.

People can do what they want, I just take exception to people trashing reviewers because they feel differently and the biggest issue you have is with the scores. Have you read a single in depth review of the game?
Yes and many points are true, but I would still hold by my stance that fans of the franchise would like the game. It would have been more disappointing if the game was wildly different than the previous ones. It sits on the same tier as games like just cause imo, and I would hate for the low scores to turn away fans without trying it first because it's pretty fun and it's faithful to the original. A lot of people just read reviews with out trying something out, and as I already said, with the barrier to entry so low fans ought to try this one out. I don't have a problem with reviewers, as I already said they can think what they want, I am just being dramatic by calling them garbage (my apologies if you took offense). I don't really care what they think, I just would hate for it to turn fans away.

Moose the Mooche

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
If you look what is going on this thread who need a pill is Xbox fans. Who can't accept crackdown 3 as a mediocre game by reviews.

I think they accept the game being reviewed bad. But they are enjoying it and would rate it higher themselfs. If there is also some bias in that i dont know, could be, its not abnormal for people to defend the things they love.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Because this 2007 point keeps being brought up, just to remind everyone that in 2007 we had the release of Bioshock, Halo 3, Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare, Orange Box (Portal), Team Fortress 2, Super Mario Galaxy, Mass Effect, God of War 2 and more.

When people say it's like a game from a decade ago, presumably they mean a game that was not so great or exceptional even a decade ago.

Even as a big fan of the first game, and someone who bought an Xbox to play the third back in 2016, I can safely say that it never was a "great" game and never sat amongst the true greats of that year. It was just "good". And I don't think anyone ever expected crackdown 3 to be siting alongside god of war or spiderman or RDR2.... I just don't think anyone expected it to be this bad either.

As I've been saying in other threads leading up to the games release. It's shown no growth or evolution at all. It is exactly like they've released crackdown 2007 in 2019. With no thought to how the industry has changed or how standards have understandably increased. I still like crackdown 1 because I played it back when it came out and have fond memories, but if you could strip that experience from my mind and remove the nostalgia and asked me to play it in 2019 Its highly unlikely I would be having a good time playing it. Mostly because so many better games have been released since crackdown was released.

I think the only way you could realistically look at crackdown 3 fondly is if the last game you played happened to be crackdown 1...back in 2007. Lol

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Ms fans act like they are a cult. You can't say anything negative about Xbox brand. They will hunt you down you ask for a ban. You can't deny how great their games are and the whole media is wrong.

But when it comes with articles saying Xbox is set to dominate nextgen they are right.

They make 1-2 threads about negative aspects from sony. They point Sony as arrogant. Always the same users and it is fine.

But if you show the reality to them how Ms lacks in game department. How bad there games are you get banned.

That's how the cult of Xbox works in Era since last E3 allowed by the mods

Everyone with eyes know what I'm saying is the truth.

Everybody can see the whole threads created every week against Sony. How arrogant they are. Against Lauren, Ryan. Always made by Xbox fans.
Oh....so the mods allowing Xbox fans to actually have a voice in a community that constantly shits on them is a bad thing? I think this place is much more balanced now thanks to the mods swiftly banning the people derailing most Microsoft threads with drive by shit posts. It's not a PlayStation/ Nintendo message board, it's a video game message board. So whomever wants to step into the market, people who enjoy their product should feel welcomed.

Tallshortman

Oct 29, 2017
It's actually laughable looking back at the fact this and Forza were the two games MS planned to use to launch the Xbox x. The most interesting part is how horrendous the game must have been before the litany of delays.

Ardiloso

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
If you look what is going on this thread who need a pill is Xbox fans. Who can't accept crackdown 3 as a mediocre game by reviews.
I don't know why some people (other console's people to be clear) gets so agressive towards this game, like the person above. For some reason they can't accept people on Xbox are enjoying a new released game despite what the "critics" are saying.
The unreasonable hate is useless. Many people on Xbox will continue to enjoy Crackdown 3 and you will continue to hate the game and will never bother to play it. Move on, go play your beloved untouchable high rated first party games and stop wasting your energy concerned about what other people are playing.

Last edited:

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
That's such a detrimental and poor way to look at things. These publishers charge $60 for them day one, thus they are reviewed as they are day one, because they're still charging full price for them either way. You can't review a game based on expectations or promises, only what is there for you to play.

If publishers want better reviews, simply put they should put out more polished games with more content on day one. I for one am glad games like Sea of Thieves or Gran Turismo Sport got hammered for a lack of day one content, and games like State of Decay 2 for a lack of polish. Developers and publishers need to learn that it isn't okay to release half baked games. If it isn't ready or there isn't enough content to justify a day one purchase, simply put, don't release it. Otherwise adopt an F2P model akin to Apex Legends etc.

I'm a bit stupid as I forgot they are charging $60 with game pass being a thing these days lol. Fair enough my mistake.

carlosrso

Oct 27, 2017
Ipatinga, Brazil
I understand the sentiment. But if it were true the game would be sitting above a 60 metacritic. Clearly exploding things isn't enough.

Crackdown simply should have been better. You can still make something fun and simple while also maintaining a decent standard of quality, Nintendo has a character based entirely around that with Mario.
Well, it is my opinion based on the experience I'm having. Just as mindless dumb fun. I recommend you to play it and see for yourself.
Take advantage of the gamepass to test it at a low cost.

Bryo4321

Nov 20, 2017
the only review that needs to be on the back of the box

"I mean...its crackdown ya know? In 2019. Yeah.

Gamepass that shit b"
Pretty much, I wasn't asking for more so I'll take it. I thought the franchise was dead after 2 so.... cool.

Side note: is the system wars for real? I'm a grown adult and I own every platform like most the enthusiasts here. This is an enthusiast forum.

Last edited:

-girgosz-

Aug 16, 2018
Opinions are subjective.
Anyone can say Halo 5 sucks, or Uncharted 4 sucks.
80+% of ppl here in this thread don't even have Xbox or care about Crackdown 3.
Even with "subpar" games Xbox has one of the best exclusives games per category out there if compared to Sony.

Halo 5 >>> Killzone Shadow Fall
Gears 4 >>> The Order 1866
Sunset Overdrive >>> Infamous Second Son
Forza Motorsport 5/6/7 >>> Gran Turismo Sport
Forza Horizon 2/3/4 >>> Driveclub
Killer Instinct >>> Street Fighter 5
Super Lucky's Tale >>> Knack
Ori and The Blind Forest >>> ???
Sea of Thieves >>> ???
Halo Wars 2 >>> ???

Don't matter if someone like a Metacritic 50 or 90+ game.
Do you guys care too much about Scores and if other ppl love something you don't love.

Can we create a meme out of this?

Super Barrier

Nov 20, 2017
I don't know why some people (other console's people to be clear) gets so agressive towards this game, like the person above. For some reason they can't accept people on Xbox are enjoying a new released game despite what the "critics" are saying.
The unreasonable hate is useless. Many people on Xbox will continue to enjoy Crackdown 3 and you will continue to hate the game and will mever bother to play it. Move on, go play your beloved untouchable high rated first party games and stop wasting your energy concerned about what other people are playing.

It's OT but I feel welcome as an Xbox fan posting on ERA. A total liberated feeling in comparison to the old board. I really appreciate the moderation here and I don't mean to post this to be a brown nose.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
I've played for a few hours now and I think I get why it reviews poorly.
This "feels" like a 2005 game with new graphics, I have no other way of explaining it.

It even has the "developer written" poor dialogue and quips that was so common back then without professional writers. Echo/Swift is really irritating and I wish I could just turn that part off.

The animations are not polished to what we are used to today and feel quite stiff and non contextual in relation to the surroundings, i.e. a death animation goes on unhindered even if an enemy is falling off the side of a building.

The world itself looks good but the different objectives does not have a lot of variations and a lot of them feels like copy/paste.
The orbs seem just placed randomly. I don't really get any gratification from picking up orbs that are on a 2 meter high box on the ground. Some are harder to get but again it seems random.

The combat and movement also "feels" very 2005, but afaik that was the objective according to Phil. To make it "feel" like crackdown. I haven't played the other ones but I think they did what they said they would here.

BUT.. just roaming around and blowing shit up as a sandbox is quite fun :)
I love the graphics options and display. I can run it at 1620p with everything on ultra without any dips in the fps from 60 except for the microstudders when it loads new textures.
I also like the art style.

It reminds me of how I played GTA 2 (the isometric one) where I would just stack up a bunch of cars and whatnot and reverse full speed into them with a truck to blow it all up.

But I can totally see how reviewers might trash it after what is common from AAA games today. It's not a good game but it's a fun one if that makes sense. It's not something I'd pay $60 for though (I'm playing for free using 14 day trial of game pass).
I'll play a bit more this weekend and see if I can finish it.

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
If you think there is an inherent bias for or against your favourite console from users or mods on this site it says more about your biases (and possible fanboyism) than anything based in actual reality.

Oct 31, 2017
GB quick look is kind of brutal

I'm a bit surprised that the wrecking zone is just wall/roof/floor destruction and not whole buildings.

I was flamed like crazy last year when I suggested that the level of destruction in the alpha video they showed years ago is not how the final product would be considering what they showed at E3 2017. Fanboy anger over rational criticism is so weird.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2017
I've played for a few hours now and I think I get why it reviews poorly.
This "feels" like a 2005 game with new graphics, I have no other way of explaining it.

It even has the "developer written" poor dialogue and quips that was so common back then without professional writers. Echo/Swift is really irritating and I wish I could just turn that part off.

The animations are not polished to what we are used to today and feel quite stiff and non contextual in relation to the surroundings, i.e. a death animation goes on unhindered even if an enemy is falling off the side of a building.

The world itself looks good but the different objectives does not have a lot of variations and a lot of them feels like copy/paste.
The orbs seem just placed randomly. I don't really get any gratification from picking up orbs that are on a 2 meter high box on the ground. Some are harder to get but again it seems random.

The combat and movement also "feels" very 2005, but afaik that was the objective according to Phil. To make it "feel" like crackdown. I haven't played the other ones but I think they did what they said they would here.

BUT.. just roaming around and blowing shit up as a sandbox is quite fun :)
I love the graphics options and display. I can run it at 1620p with everything on ultra without any dips in the fps from 60 except for the microstudders when it loads new textures.
I also like the art style.

It reminds me of how I played GTA 2 (the isometric one) where I would just stack up a bunch of cars and whatnot and reverse full speed into them with a truck to blow it all up.

But I can totally see how reviewers might trash it after what is common from AAA games today. It's not a good game but it's a fun one if that makes sense. It's not something I'd pay $60 for though (I'm playing for free using 14 day trial of game pass).
I'll play a bit more this weekend and see if I can finish it.
You basically summarized everything. Echo is damn boring, I skip every dialogue if possible, and also use spotify on the background.
From what I've played, I agree 100% with you.

Also, do any reviews mention playtime to complete the campaign?
If it was about 8 hours or so it would be better for me so it doesn't get too much repetitive.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
You basically summarized everything. Echo is damn boring, I skip every dialogue if possible, and also use spotify on the background.
From what I've played, I agree 100% with you.

Also, do any reviews mention playtime to complete the campaign?
If it was about 8 hours or so it would be better for me so it doesn't get too much repetitive.

Giant bomb said 7-8 hours so it's very doable in a weekend :)

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
Too bad the game doesn't rise above. But I bet with GamePass at least tons of people will be able to form their own opinion without having to spend 60 bucks.

Luckily I have no doubt the Ori sequel will be incredible.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody know roughly how long the campaign is on average? I didn't see any reviewers that I saw mention that. I feel like the shorter the campaign the better with this kinda game. I'm having a lot of fun but it is in danger of wearing out its welcome if it drags on too long.

ShrtAttnGmr

Feb 7, 2019
Crackdown 1 hit in the right place, at the right time. It brought the orb collection to a new generation. It brought co-op gameplay. It brought cool cars, superpowers, and leveling up to an open world. It never brought interesting missions or even graphical fidelity. It looked "fine" and the missions did their job. We were all hunting achievements back then too, so it was fun trying to pick through that ladder. Crackdown was just a fun game to dick around with friends in, and was a surprise because people expected it to be trash, only being sold because of the Halo demo.

Since then, everyone has done this. Saints Row 3 specifically nearly perfected the whole formula for this type of game by bringing a hilarious story with bonkers characters to the mix. But Saints Row 3 was 8 years ago. The issue with Crackdown 3, as I can see from reviews because I haven't played, is that destruction is only in multiplayer and is fairly meaningless. As far as I can tell, there's just nothing new here, giving me no impetuous to even try through Game Pass.

What makes Crackdown 3 unique in today's market, other than Terry Crews? I care less about the money piece (I have some cash that I can spend on games and not worry about it like when I was a kid). I care about wasting time on a game that doesn't bring me anything new or interesting. I'm open to being convinced but most here have echoed all of this. If someone can tell me why I should play this over something else, I'm all ears.

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Oh wow. Just popped in and this is a bloodbath. Looks like a fun game, but it was obviously stuck in development Hell and simply too dated by the time it came out. I'll definitely check it out when I pick up an X1 (on sale).

squilliedee

Jan 4, 2019
As I stated in a post earlier, I am thoroughly enjoying it. If you like Crackdown you will have a blast!! That being said, I keep seeing people complaining that this game is dated, feels like a 2007 game etc. I just tried Kingdom Hearts 3, never played a KH game before, and let me tell you, THAT game feels dated. It feels like a game from a decade ago, but I see nothing but great reviews for it. I would like to know why that game is getting praised, but CD3 is getting obliterated for feeling like an older game???

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
So I got Game Pass for PC for the first time. Played a little bit of Halo Wars DE, Forza Horizon 4, ReCore, and Crackdown 3. CD3 is definitely the weak link (I quite enjoyed my time with the others). I feel like a 5/10 is pretty fair for the game.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As I stated in a post earlier, I am thoroughly enjoying it. If you like Crackdown you will have a blast!! That being said, I keep seeing people complaining that this game is dated, feels like a 2007 game etc. I just tried Kingdom Hearts 3, never played a KH game before, and let me tell you, THAT game feels dated. It feels like a game from a decade ago, but I see nothing but great reviews for it. I would like to know why that game is getting praised, but CD3 is getting obliterated for feeling like an older game???
The dated argument isn't the only thing holding CD3 back.

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
Is 3 at least as good as 1?

Heck, i bought the first crackdown way back when for the Halo 3 multiplayer beta. It turned out to be a really, really fun game. I never expected crackdown 3 to be ground-breaking, so as long as it is as good as 1 i am good (altho it is dissappointing it really does look like just a re-skin of crackdown 1 and not a next-gen).

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Kingdom Hearts has more variety in its first level than anything I've seen in CD3.

Jan 15, 2018
F@ck the reviews. Unlike people playing games for work, i play them for fun. Its a fun game.

Sure there are expectations set from some unknown source, but i dont follow those. This game is great to sell game pass. Not every game needs to be a visual powerhouse.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018

Heck, i bought the first crackdown way back when for the Halo 3 multiplayer beta. It turned out to be a really, really fun game. I never expected crackdown 3 to be ground-breaking, so as long as it is as good as 1 i am good (altho it is dissappointing it really does look like just a re-skin of crackdown 1 and not a next-gen).
3 is a better version of 1 in almost every way.

squilliedee

Jan 4, 2019

Yes!! It is better than CD1, the graphics are very crisp (im on the XB1X). The gameplay is very similar, but there are more weapons, more orbs, more side mission etc. Its a bigger, cleaner, louder CD game and that is just fine with me.