• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Predict Crackdown 3's Metacritic score

• 59 or lower

Votes: 151 7.1%
  • 60-69

Votes: 669 31.6%
  • 70-79

Votes: 1,061 50.0%
  • 80-89

Votes: 200 9.4%
  • fun (90 or higher)

Votes: 39 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Well I disagree and so do millions of other people, I think MS has "delivered" on the game front.
Not enough. Which is why they are fighting to get back on top. The narrative has always been that they are not delivering. And that's the way it will be until this generation is over. But hopefully not after.

Acquiesc3

Oct 30, 2017
I'll still try it with gamepass, but those scores are definitely disheartening. Sea of Thieves was severely disappointing, State of Decay 2 a little less so but still not good. I found FH4 great though.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Hm, let's see...
Sunset: sent out to die, bad marketing
Quantum break: a relic of the TV era, decent at best
MCC: a technical mess of gigantic proportions
Sea of Thieves: bad launch, bad first impressions only redeemed through the help of one streamer
Halo 5: underwhelming for those who love Halo because of the SP
Gears 4: formulaic af, overstayed it's welcome, still a good game tho.

If you compare that to Sony and Nintendo and even Ubisoft..MS 1st party has definitely NOT delivered this gen unless racing games are your thing.

Fully agree. Forza games have delivered though

Prine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hm, let's see...
Sunset: sent out to die, bad marketing
Quantum break: a relic of the TV era, decent at best
MCC: a technical mess of gigantic proportions
Sea of Thieves: bad launch, bad first impressions only redeemed through the help of one streamer
Halo 5: underwhelming for those who love Halo because of the SP
Gears 4: formulaic af, overstayed it's welcome, still a good game tho.

If you compare that to Sony and Nintendo and even Ubisoft..MS 1st party has definitely NOT delivered this gen unless racing games are your thing.

M:CC is fantastic, what are you talking about?
H4/Gears is your opinion but doest take away from it being critically judged as good games with healthy active populations.
Sunset also delivered, again how does its market performance reflect on it being delivered as a quality title?

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How does one have a productive discusion on this topic when viewed through so many different lenses.

giphy.gif

Feb 10, 2018
Not enough. Which is why they are fighting to get back on top. The narrative has always been that they are not delivering. And that's the way it will be until this generation is over. But hopefully not after.

I agree that they need to improve, but to say MS has not delivered on the games front is incorrect, just because some people think they have not does not make it a fact.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
Welp, not surprised, games been troubled for a long time. Still looking like a dumb fun weekend play, am dissappointed the destruction is hidden behind a mp mode I'll never play. Well good bye crackdown franchise, back to the grave you go

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nonsense, gears 4, quantum break, sunset, halo 5, halo MCC, ori, and sea of Thieves have delivered.

Pretty sure people consider Halo 5 as having one of the worst campaigns and stories of the series, and that the advertising was very misleading compared to the end product.

Gears 4 did okay but was hardly a knockout, but it was the first effort from the new team so it was more than fine.

Quantum Break was very underwhelming though, commercially and critically, which is probably why Remedy haven't been contacted to make a follow-up.

Sunset bombed big time, Game Pass would've probably helped it had it existed back then.

The Halo MCC was a complete mess at launch, considered franchise damaging even, it took years to get it to where it should've been.

Sea of Thieves is getting better but it didn't do too hot review wise and it definitely felt lacking according to many when it launched, Game Pass is helping it's fortunes though.

Ori is the one bright spark in everything you mentioned, along with Forza.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been through all the reviews/thread, is there an estimate of time it takes to complete the campaign?

rough guess here... about 10-15ish hours? that's a full completion, not a partial completion (all sub-bosses)

also that's if you're very competent with the game and moving quite directly from target to target.

Bryo4321

Nov 20, 2017
The scores aren't great but a lot of reviews are saying it's crackdown 1 with more chaos which sounds like fun to me tbh.

Feb 10, 2018
I haven't played Halo 5 but sales don't mean a game is good. I'm sure it's a great game, I just wouldn't use that argument to say so. Otherwise you have to concede that every Grammy winning musician is amazing. :P

Well sales figures, hours played and reviews are the only way to determine if a game is good.
It's better then just have no evidence, and I would argue that sales figures are a completely useless metric.

Oct 25, 2017
I stand by my words - been playing it and its not even close to a low 60. But everybody has their own opinions

Have your opinion of the game, but because there's negative reviews out there for this game, you sum it up to being some non-existent Xbox bias. Maybe they don't like it as much as you, if you want people to respect your opinion, how about you respect theirs. Otherwise you just seem delusional and childish.

Waddle Dee

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
California
Wow, I wasn't expecting critics to thrash the game this much. Like, it didn't look like anything noteworthy in the first place, but the game doesn't look especially bad or anything, just sort of mundane.

deadasdisco

Jun 10, 2018
This was a trainwreck from the start. I really wonder why did MS decided to stick with it.
Because if they cancelled another game, it would put xbox further into questionable territory, investors and audience would become more suspicious. Would be worse PR cancelling, then releasing an imperfect game. IMO

Jun 3, 2018
At the end of the day Crackdown 3 was never going to deliver, a combination of development hell, broken tech promises (the power of the cloud), and fandom hype from the OG Crackdown meant this was always going to be a disaster in the making.

Saying that the DF analysis was very positive and I have no idea why some reviews are saying the game looks last gen graphically. It looks very clean and reminds me of the art style the Mirrors Edge games went for.

I think this is a sort of game people will play for a few days, have some fun with, get bored and move on. It's a shame, MS have been really struggling this gen with their 1st party offerings and this must be a big blow to them.

I would give up on this gen if I were them and just make sure next gen delivers.

Prine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Easy to please then.
This argument backfires if he likes games you rate highly.
Wow, I wasn't expecting critics to thrash the game this much. Like, it didn't look like anything noteworthy in the first place, but the game doesn't look especially bad or anything, just sort of mundane.
Seriously bummed Sumo thought back in 2017 it was ready to ship. Writing was on the wall back then. Like they had no idea how bad the game felt and looked and were living in a different world to the rest of us.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017

it's not bad in any way.

So do you collect orbs and gain jump like in Crackdown 1 in this game or what?

yes. and the city is bigger. the enemies are actually memorable. boss fights are actually boss fights instead of just a beefier dude with gun. it gets much more hectic too.

Kenjovani

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
M:CC is fantastic, what are you talking about?
H4/Gears is your opinion but doest take away from it being critically judged as good games with healthy active populations.
Sunset also delivered, again how does its market performance reflect on it being delivered as a quality title?

Halo Mcc might be OK now but was far from fantastic and for more than a year the online was borked. Ppl shitted on Drive Club which fixed their online issues in the span of 3 to 4 months but Halo Mcc was given a pass with more issues and an online tht didn't work for more than a year.

emir

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Almost a generation they showed this thing as the Xbone's representative. Cloud & 300.000.000 server power.

A tragic result for Spencer.

Last edited:

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Nonsense, gears 4, quantum break, sunset, halo 5, halo MCC, ori, and sea of Thieves have delivered.
None of the games you mentioned are any thing close to the quality of Smash, Zelda, God of War, Uncharted 4, etc etc etc. It's not even close and the optics of this game's review score underpins just how much of a mess Xbox publishing is.

Doctor Avatar

Jan 10, 2019
I agree that they need to improve, but to say MS has not delivered on the games front is incorrect, just because some people think they have not does not make it a fact.

Most people think they have not. The reviews show that they have not. The sales also show they have not.

I mean some people think the Transformer movies are the greatest achievement in human culture. If your argument is "well some people think MS have done great" then I might have to give you a gold medal in the mental gymnastic olympics that has been this thread.