• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Predict Crackdown 3's Metacritic score

• 59 or lower

Votes: 151 7.1%
  • 60-69

Votes: 669 31.6%
  • 70-79

Votes: 1,061 50.0%
  • 80-89

Votes: 200 9.4%
  • fun (90 or higher)

Votes: 39 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
The moderation for this post is frankly shocking. I have seen week long and sometimes even perma-bans dished out for far less, and a post like this that far out stokes console war rhetoric while explicitly antagonizing other members getting just a "warning" is so dissonant with how Era moderation otherwise seems to work.

If you have an issue with a post such as warning, ban length, etc, the proper way to raise concerns is to report the post in question again with a detailed message of your concerns.

Dusktildawn48

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Louis
My useless review from playing 45 minutes :

It's fun, exactly what I imagined a next gen would be like. With metro coming tomorrow I'll have to get more into this after I beat that.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Damn, I didn't expect it to be 90+ but this is really harsh. Is the game actually worse than Crackdown 1 or do reviewers just have higher standards now?

The original game released twelve years ago and by most accounts this sequel doesn't add much to the formula.

This medium tends to advance fairly rapidly so my assumption is that what was considered fresh and innovative more than a decade ago is decidedly middling now.

I'll make up my own mind once I play it tomorrow but sincerely, I've been underwhelmed with just about everything I've seen of this game. It looks like Crackdown 1.5.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
If we're playing that game then 1st party and 3rd party are made up to. So are all these words I'm typing. Of course 2nd party is a real thing, it refers to companies outside of a publishers 1st party studios being contracted to develop an exclusive game. Your correction was pointless is my point to all of this by the way, just to be clear.
No they aren't, Insomniac worked under Shu and Sony's 1st party side, because Spidey was a 1st party game and given 1st party treatment, it's treated no differently to Uncharted or GoW or whatever 1st party studio game. Same with Sunset on the Xbox side or Bayo on Nintendo's, there's no point in them treating them differently. 3rd party is when it's handled by a completely different corporation with no involvement for development from a platform holder.

chobel

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Seganomics

Oct 29, 2017
The moderation for this post is frankly shocking. I have seen week long and sometimes even perma-bans dished out for far less, and a post like this that far out stokes console war rhetoric while explicitly antagonizing other members getting just a "warning" is so dissonant with how Era moderation otherwise seems to work.

Take the post with a light touch, I'm sure that's how it was intended.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Woof, but not unexpected considering the protracted development the game had. Unfortunate for fans of the series.

Deleted member 1607

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Or even no bans for someone that wants to troll PlayStation fans so badly they don't even check to see if a twitter account is fake before they make a thread.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
How does one have a productive discusion on this topic when viewed through so many different lenses.

Ignore the seemingly bad-faith posts, engage the good ones. It's easy to get distracted, though.

On topic: I'm REALLY glad to hear the HDR implementation for campaign has basically no similarity to the multiplayer preview. The height-fog at the city base really kicks the presentation up a notch.

Oct 27, 2017
Nonsense, gears 4, quantum break, sunset, halo 5, halo MCC, ori, and sea of Thieves have delivered.
Hm, let's see...
Sunset: sent out to die, bad marketing
Quantum break: a relic of the TV era, decent at best
MCC: a technical mess of gigantic proportions
Sea of Thieves: bad launch, bad first impressions only redeemed through the help of one streamer
Halo 5: underwhelming for those who love Halo because of the SP
Gears 4: formulaic af, overstayed it's welcome, still a good game tho.

If you compare that to Sony and Nintendo and even Ubisoft..MS 1st party has definitely NOT delivered this gen unless racing games are your thing.

Dec 12, 2017
Nonsense, gears 4, quantum break, sunset, halo 5, halo MCC, ori, and sea of Thieves have delivered.

Sea of Thieves didn't review well, QB is in the 70s, Sunset is Insomniac, and Halo MCC was broken af until like 2 weeks ago. Halo 5 reviewed well enough but is largely derided by fans....if you need further proof see the fact that Halo : Infinite has no number and looks to be a reboot of some kind.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Chill out. Warnings and bans for 'console warring' are pathetic anyway. It's a games forum. People say dumb shit surrounding games and the platforms they've aligned themselves to.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who loved the original Crackdown, it is disappointing reading these reviews. I still look forward to playing it through GamePass still. though.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Holy shit it's getting hammered so hard critically.

I didn't think much of it to be honest from the footage but thought it looked competent enough to reach high 70s low 80s.

I might have to read some of these reviews and find out what happened. For getting delayed so long and Microsoft pumping up the marketing I thought they would have been closely monitoring this for quality.

GrizzleBoy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whew......

Sometimes tech showcase vaporware is supposed to just stay as tech showcase vaporware.

Ive never played a crackdown game and have no love for the series given that I know nothing about it, but It's a shame that they did this to one of their biggest franchises.

I'll still give it a go.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
"Well Sumo Digital, I see that you're making another solid looking Crackdown game, let's push you into cloud based destruction physics so that we have a good marketing campaign for our new console."

You clearly haven't been following the development of this game at all.

The multiplayer was made by a completely different developer to Sumo, it's effectively a different game. The most recent delays were actually to allow the other dev to continue developing the multiplayer and was used by sumo to polish the campaign.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
I think the Verge's review is spot on. Nothing mind blowing but it's comfort food and is very additive to Game Pass as a whole. That Netflix Original analogy is perfect.

I'll be playing Metro tomorrow, but I'll defi hop on CD3 every now and then to collect orbs while I listen to a podcast or something. I'm glad there still room for a game like that, even if it doesn't blow everyone away.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
errr the MCC was a massive mess and Halo 5 got a very 'this is just another halo reaction'

Tell me, would you recommend Halo:MCC for someone who wants to play the best version of classic Halo? Or would you warn against it because of its launch? How is its launch relevant right now? Halo MCC is one of the best complications in gaming, so it has absolutely delivered and MS can be proud of what it is today.

And no H5 multiplayer is a massive shake up, i reject that its looked upon as "another Halo". Its one of the few FPS that does things completely differently to ADS filled shooters we have today.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2018
Hm, let's see...
Sunset: sent out to die, bad marketing
Quantum break: a relic of the TV era, decent at best
MCC: a technical mess of gigantic proportions
Sea of Thieves: bad launch, bad first impressions only redeemed through the help of one streamer
Halo 5: underwhelming for those who love Halo because of the SP
Gears 4: formulaic af, overstayed it's welcome, still a good game tho.

If you compare that to Sony and Nintendo and even Ubisoft..MS 1st party has definitely NOT delivered this gen unless racing games are your thing.

Well I disagree and so do millions of other people, I think MS has "delivered" on the game front.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
These games hardly delivered. Halo MCC was broken at launch and remained that way for years. Quantum Break was in the 70's, Halo 5 had the worst Halo single player ever, Sea of Thieves had a horrible launch and still only appeals to a certain audience, and Gears 4 was viewed as more of the same and highlighted why that franchise needs innovation. Ori and Sunset Overdrive are the only real good games you named that didn't have issues.