• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Predict Crackdown 3's Metacritic score

• 59 or lower

Votes: 151 7.1%
  • 60-69

Votes: 669 31.6%
  • 70-79

Votes: 1,061 50.0%
  • 80-89

Votes: 200 9.4%
  • fun (90 or higher)

Votes: 39 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Doctor Avatar

Jan 10, 2019
You know that Phil Spencer did not head Sumo Digital? But jsut saying...

How can 1 person be responsible with the stuff that went wrong in the beginning of this gen? Stop spreading lies

Again. He was the head of Microsoft's studios and first party games from 2009. I'm not saying it was entirely his fault. I'm saying the narrative that he had nothing to do with MS's failures in producing quality exclusives this generation is not based in reality. He was intrinsically involved. It was literally his department.

People are trying to act like Mattrick single handedly made this game and also was single handedly to blame for the failings of the XBO software lineup, and that Phil is somehow coming in to save Xbox. Phil was the head of making games for Xbox since 2009. I don't know how many times it needs to be repeated before people realise that Phil does have responsibility for the poor showing of the XBO, quite a lot in fact. Again, literally his department.

Then you have people trying to make out like he was just the coffee boy in the department he was head of and had no say or power in any decisions.

The Phil Spencer personality cult is ridiculous. The guy looks to be moving things in the right direction sure, but to absolve him of any responsibility for failures in his own department while he was running it is just insane, especially when it's with falsehoods. Anyone that claims Phil had nothing to do with the poor showing of the XBO software lineup is lying. It. Was. Literally. His. Department. Since. 2009.

EDIT: Also have to love all the distancing in this thread. Were the game critically acclaimed how many people would be pinning it on Mattrick? Or throwing Sumo under the bus as having "nothing to do with MS" and "not first party".

If the game had been a success people would be hailing god emperor Spencer as the second coming they're still trying to make him out to be.

Last edited:

Luckydog

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I truly believe that this game was launched after so many delays and alegated development problems only because Microsoft could not deal with another game being canceled and all bad press that would come with it.

Would the backlash over a canceled game be worse than the humiliation of some of these reviews....I've read reviews of some games that showed disappointment, but some of these reviews are savage. I can't say if its warranted or not as I have not played it yet, but rarely do we see things like "this never should have been released"

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mattrick has been gone for almost 6 years, no? Seems like a reach to pin this on his "era" somehow. Most of this games development, for better or worse, happened under Spencer. If Sumo hit it out of the park and this game was phenomenal, would anyone be bringing up Mattrick right now?

Fair point, if it had been received better I think people would be championing Spencer as a key figure for its success.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
This is the last xbox exclusive right?

The next batch are supposed to be from the new studios they hired and the upcoming halo/forza games?

Whats gonna happen to this studio?

bakedpony

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get this 1st party confusion. It's the publisher that matters here, not the dev in determining if its 1st or 3rd party.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Spider-Man is a Disney IP. How can you count a licensed IP as first party when any further action is based on permission from a 3rd party. It's literally just like KH difference being it isn't developed in house.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
I'm sure the people who reviewed it played through the campaign, but I guess they were looking for something else. I just enjoy darting around in the air and blowing a lot of stuff up with rockets. Crackdown 3 clearly isn't a prestige game, but I hope it gets enough of a following for Microsoft to stick with the franchise.

I want to know exactly how many orbs each of these reviewers collected.

Edit: Actually, there are achievements attached to Orb collection. 100 orbs gets you an achievement, as does 500. It would be interesting to see how many reviewers collected 100.

DotHair

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I don't like this kind of claims, it's like you lower your expectations just because it's on GamePass
People who have GamePass deserve better

I think that's the problem....they really don't deserve any better.

A couple of months back, you could buy a years worth of Gamepass in the UK for £55. That's almost 200 games for next to nothing!

As a consequence, don't be surprised when you get a load of rubbish back!

I'd rather pay more money for better games...please god Sony and Nintendo don't fall into this cesspit of mediocrity.

Nov 14, 2017
I'll have fun with this game either way. Probably...

Forza Horizon is definitely the top tier franchise for MS and worth owning an XBOX for FH alone.
Halo and Gears are both still solid in terms of gameplay (Ori is also cool for those who like platformers).

Everything else has to catch up quickly, but I have high hopes for MS next gen.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
GameSpew 90
Forget Crackdown 2 ever happened, Crackdown 3 is the sequel we deserve.

CGMagazine 45
If you liked the original Crackdown and want basically more of that, then you've found your game. If you want a modern first party AAA game, look elsewhere.

its funny how they say the same thing about the game with complete different scores.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
if GamePass really is the "Netflix of gaming" then you are going to get a "Bright" every once in a while. I don't necessarily think this is indicative of the future of all Xbox first party.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
This is the last xbox exclusive right?

The next batch are supposed to be from the new studios they hired and the upcoming halo/forza games?

Whats gonna happen to this studio?
The studio will be fine, just shifted to a new project.

But no, Gears 5 is going to be what send XBO out before scarlet hits and then their small army of devs should have some games ready

Kismet

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
I predicted 59 or lower after having seen the gameplay footage.

cloudprocessedcrackdown3fallingdebris.gif

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
I think that's the problem....they really don't deserve any better.

A couple of months back, you could buy a years worth of Gamepass in the UK for £55. That's almost 200 games for next to nothing!

As a consequence, don't be surprised when you get a load of rubbish back!

I'd rather pay more money for better games...please god Sony and Nintendo don't fall into this cesspit of mediocrity.
Gosh this thread delivers.
Games are not made FOR Game Pass.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if GamePass really is the "Netflix of gaming" then you are going to get a "Bright" every once in a while. I don't necessarily think this is indicative of the future of all Xbox first party.
I enjoyed Bright. Isn't a sequel coming?

Honestly despite the reviews, this game looks fun.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Alright,

I just finished playing the PC version for about an hour 3440x1440 with a 1080 card on ultra at around 70-80 FPS.

I LOVE IT !!

its so refreshing in a sense with its simplicity. After the past games I have played which have been either way to long, or challenging this is a blast to play. Controls are spot on, everything is smooth and I cant seem to put it down. Nothing feels like a chore and its a blast to play so far. Its almost like borderlands for me, always itching to try to the next mission or area because its so much fun. So far, I do not agree with the reviews, its a solid 8.5 for ME right now.

I want you all to take these reviews with at face value and play the game. I think it will be one of those games which almost everyone will really enjoy but the scores wont reflect that.

Ohh, and the graphics are awesome so far on PC with decent performance ( occasional odd stutters ) and I love the art style, and the comic book style delivery of the characters.

I had zero hype for this game even though I played the first two. I am very surprised and I hope you all enjoy it !

btw, any word on game length?

Oct 27, 2017
Mattrick has been gone for almost 6 years, no? Seems like a reach to pin this on his "era" somehow. Most of this games development, for better or worse, happened under Spencer. If Sumo hit it out of the park and this game was phenomenal, would anyone be bringing up Mattrick right now?
Yeah, this game started with Phil. Can't blame this turd on Don.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Ouch, lower than expected, albeit not dramatically so (thought it would be a low 70)
Then again the love for Crackdown was more than what reviews back then would have you believe. This might be a similar case.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Geeze I voted thinking it would just hit 80 on the dot. I was way off

I mean you can't really make that Simmental seeing how long this project has taken and that Spencer obviously gave it more money to keep the development going
Yeah obviously this is destined to be a financial disaster as a project, probably he and the team feel they have a responsibility for this to actually come out, and it's likely far long enough that cancellation is not a viable option.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

chanunnaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 week): Trolling and history of console warring
This game is the reason why I love PlayStation.

above average

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Wasn't this game greenlighted under Phil? Even if not, Mattrick was gone at the beginning of development. Phil oversaw this game's whole development. At some point, you gotta criticize his part in this outcome.

It is laughable that people are going to try to tie this to Mattrick. When development started, Spencer was the head of studios and would have been the person to green-light it as that was literally what his position is for. Then when development went to shit after Spencer took over everything, it becomes the job of the top person to step in and stop dumping money into a bad project. Literally everything about this project was the result of Spencer's say so.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
But Netflix has stinker after stinker...

They have good content too, or at least content people enjoy to keep coming back. If MS' focus and shift is more towards a sub service, then there has to be a level of quantity they deliver, even if that means they don't always hit the quality part alongside it. The fact that people are paying (or at least perceive to be paying) so little for it, seems to skew perspective sometimes. Like if Bright were a movie that people were being asked $15 a ticket to go and see, it might have been received differently than some people considering it almost like a "bonus" since they are already paying for Netflix.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to play, looks fun. Wonder if HDR has to be turned on on pc in Windows? Pretty sure re2 you didn't have to it triggered off the tv.

Yes, you'll have to turn HDR on in Windows first.

In order for a PC game to be able to trigger HDR, it has to have an exclusive fullscreen mode. Microsoft's new games don't have an exclusive fullscreen mode, only borderless fullscreen.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
That would mean the gameplay loop isn't fun enough. Repetitive isn't bad when it's a fun loop.

Guess I'll find out. Can't seem to get on the multiplayer servers yet. (Don't tell Klobrille, but I'm more into that part of the game)
Not necessarily. It could just be stretched way beyond the point when it stops being fun. Like the first few hours could be a lot of fun, than the repetition kicks in and just becomes less and less fun as it goes.