• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Predict Crackdown 3's Metacritic score

• 59 or lower

Votes: 151 7.1%
  • 60-69

Votes: 669 31.6%
  • 70-79

Votes: 1,061 50.0%
  • 80-89

Votes: 200 9.4%
  • fun (90 or higher)

Votes: 39 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No interest in the game as I have never played a game in the series before, but it's disappointing to see it scoring so lowly.

MS really struggling with those games, being as though I have gamepass I will check it out, but unsure how long I will stick around for.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People have a really hard time wrapping their head around the definition of first party. I don't get it.

CRACKDOWN 3 IS FIRST PARTY
Yeah, it's weird.
I'm not making up weird rules, I never considered Forza H as first party as well.
But you should. It's a Microsoft 1st party game.
Crackdown 3 is a game developed by a 2nd party developer - my problem is that you are wrong and still not admitting it
Crackdown 3 is a Microsoft 1st party game. My problem is that you are wrong and you don't see it ;D

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
hmm, too bad this isn't being well received. I still haven't found a game for me that I'd consider Microsoft's "killer app" this generation. Lots of good stuff, but nothing that's quite made me saw WOW!

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
Ha, low effort is the last thing I would use to describe it. It seems like they had one hell of a difficult development cycle. I feel for the guys and gals that worked on it.
I don't think you know what low effort means. If anything, too much resources (and heart and sweat) were thrown into this. I kinda feel bad for every studio involved.

I mean low effort creatively, the sequel lacks the quality of AAA games in 2019 and the reviews prove this clearly.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's such a thing as second party developers, Sumo Digital in this case, Insomniac Games too.

Both has made first party games like Crackdown 3, Spider-Man and Sunset Overdrive.

There's no such thing as second party games.

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spidey isn't first party. Sony literally owns no part of the title. That's like saying KH is a Square Enix game.
giphy.gif

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
I'm not sure if this was posted already, but I really enjoyed the game. I'm a bit shocked it's received so many low review scores (not scored yet as multiplayer sessions were brief) - https://www.usgamer.net/articles/crackdown-3-review

Can you put a sticky note with a 9/10 review score on the web page for the metacritic tabulation?

It just goes to show how irrelevant numbered game scores are, I suppose.

You have a great written review, though! Thanks for sharing it!

Oct 27, 2017
A lot of us were right. What boggles my mind is, we are not developers, but people who over saw the game didn't raise any hands and say, maybe this gameplay is dated?

Maybe we should rethink and try to make something better? They could have honestly made something like red faction guerrilla with mild destruction, but with a more lively city, and made getting powers and jumping around more interesting.
Exactly, and auto-aim? Saints Row 4 worked perfectly with free-aim and from what I'm seeing most of CD3's combat is still on the ground. They could've come up with a better system for the aerial game like bullet-time or bullet-magnetism, still the Defense Force tried to convince me that this is fun and there's no other way to make this game work. Nope, auto-aim with lock-on is sooo PS2 era and I hated it back then and I still hate it 20 years later. That's also the reason why I don't have so fond memories of CD1 - it was a average game in 2007 and only the orb collecting was fun for a while.

And regarding destruction: EDF is made by like 10 people or so and had destruction from the beginning. Admittedly it looks trashy and nothing like the CD3 reveal or Red Faction Guerilla, but it works and has a purpose in EDF's gameplay loop.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Games like Sea of Thieves and Halo are the ones I would be disappointed with if they reviewed low and were just mediocre, so far as Gamepass is concerned.

Crackdown 3 was not a hyped game that I expected to battle Spiderman or Breath of the Wild in terms of mega-success. I never looked at it like a 1st party AAA console seller. I guess that's why I don't see this as a big issue. It's just fluff to me.

I certainly wouldn't pay $60 for it. That's the only flaw I see with the game.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WOOF.... that's pretty bad. Worse than I was anticipating tbh. Another disappointing exclusive from Microsoft, bummer. At least it's free on game pass.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Played a bit longer and thanks but no thanks. I'm glad I got it if game pass otherwise I would have been very upset if I paid for it. I deleted it now as I just haven't got the time playing below average games when there are some much better ones available and worth my time.

I just don't understand how this game got released over others that got cancelled.

This should have been binned long time ago and the time and effort invested into something else.

Brief observations:

Boring lifeless world
Atrocious graphics
Beginning was fun but that deflated rather quickly
Cringeworthy Dialoges trying too hard to be funny
No fluidity and everything just looks forced

This is another setback for Microsoft's first party output. I know they acquired a lot of new studios and are heading in the right direction, but with games like this, they are not doing themselves any favours in building any confidence for the future.

Come on Phil, how the hell was this greenlit when promising new ips like scalebound got cancelled?!

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
Low 60s sounds a little bit harsh, but I can kinda understand it. Visuals, at least on Xbs, are not good. Game feels and controls clunky, but still enjoyable. Will be good enough for a few hours and forgotten after a few hours more.
Crackdown 3 is a game developed by a 2nd party developer - my problem is that you are wrong and still not admitting it
Protip: You are the one who is wrong (and should admit it).

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
This is not the thread to discuss your semantics of what is first-party or not, whether Spidey or *insert game* is qualified or not because *not internal studio* *IP not owned by publisher* etc etc. Feel free to have that discussion over your DMs.

This is about Crackdown 3 reviews.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I still want to try this, though im worried that if i sign up for game pass, try it, and let the sub lapse, it will also revoke my access to games i previously bought but are on gamepass like forza horizon 4 etc...

Sum.Mischief

Jun 24, 2018
Will this be the fate of the newly acquired studios to boast game pass?
I felt this game wasn't coming along well for a long time and felt forced.
I figured it would score in the lower 70's.