• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Predict Crackdown 3's Metacritic score

• 59 or lower

Votes: 151 7.1%
  • 60-69

Votes: 669 31.6%
  • 70-79

Votes: 1,061 50.0%
  • 80-89

Votes: 200 9.4%
  • fun (90 or higher)

Votes: 39 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cyberia

Nov 8, 2017
For everyone else, Crackdown 3 is a game that people will enjoy but forget about shortly after the campaign is completed. It's the perfect game to try on the Xbox Game Pass, but it's not a title worth its $60 price tag... yet. Perhaps if it released a few years ago, it could've been forgiven for its uninspired development objectives. But it didn't, so it can't.

https://screenrant.com/crackdown-3-review/
5/10

Oct 26, 2017
Gamepass is amazing but I cannot wait till the really heavy hitters start to coming from Microsoft. I believe that Halo Infinite will be the first gem.

They seem to be bringing great stuff for Gears 5 too. I wouldn't underestimate this team now they they are gonna try new things.

But yeah, I look forward to a future where we can expect a big Xbox exclusive to get great reviews. Like Playground's next game, whatever The Initiative is working on, Obsidian etc.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"If you have Gamepass anyway, fun to mess around with for a bit".
Ooof.

Gotta wonder just how bad it was -before- the delays O.o

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Well, at least it's finally out and people can get closure, I guess...

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Geeze I voted thinking it would just hit 80 on the dot. I was way off

Mattrick still dictated how much money went into these studios and how they are spent.

I mean you can't really make that Simmental seeing how long this project has taken and that Spencer obviously gave it more money to keep the development going

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
0urJOr7.png

SiassaDavid

Jun 15, 2018
Vienna, Austria
Can you blame them when virtually every day on Gaf/Era there's some thread on the first page talking about this game since it was first announced back in 2010 or whatever?

It was delayed 60 times and that's not because it's needed time to cook in the oven. It needed to be scrapped but because of the whole Scalebound outrage, here is your latest Crackdown game, exactly what you guys have been asking for every day for the last decade.

Wasnt delayed 60 time but ok
Still makes no sense that everybody just bashes this game just for fun.
Been playing it some days and its at least a 75/100 in my book - but era is just negative as ever

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
No worries. Let me know if you need the lottery numbers too :)

Played for about half an hour (NZ store). This game is sooo bad, but at the same time, it is weirdly fun to play.

If you told me this is an upressed 360 game, I would have no issues believing it

Deal.

I'm going to do the NZ game pass thing later, but my expectations are well and truly in check. Disappointing.

Evangelista

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
User Banned (1 day): console wars, history of similar behaviour
Man MS first party studios are a joke. And people wishes they will take the lead next gen . With this kind of portfolio they will never. Quality is more important than quantity. They need to realize that.

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
no shock. as these reviews point out though, there is fun to be had. i'm still looking forward to orb collecting.

yay gamepass!
I don't think they really care about the reviews, they care about how many sales they can push through gamepass.

These journalists are critics, built to extract every negative and positive about a game and then mesh those two things together into a score. The average person won't really care about a lot of the things mentioned in these reviews if the game is fun and gives the player a distraction for a while.

And even if the reviews are not that good, it will make gamepass more viable because people would rather use gamepass as a form of rental so that they would not have to spend a full $60 on Crackdown 3, meaning that more people will be using gamepass and there will be more mind share in terms of the quality of the service and what it allows for you to do.

All and all, Microsoft and Sumo pretty much win.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Jesus Christ...

It's still early, might get a late push to 70.

Is it the games, or is the Xbox brand just toxic for exclusives....damn.

But this isn't even sales, this is reviews.

Late push to 70 and currently at 62 without 5 from IGN & GameSpot counted, it seems hard to top 70 at this point

Doctor Avatar

Jan 10, 2019
He's reshaped the Xbox division and propelled it as a core business for MS. He's also expanded its first party, he has a lot of good will amongst gamers. CD3 feels like an inherited disaster by a external team, so it wouldnt be right to blame him. I feel they were ready to cancel this last year and Phil delayed it to give the game a chance, Sumo screwed up here, they shouldn't have been tasked with this.

Phil has been head of the game studios and first party output since 2009. The idea that all the failings of the division during his time as head have nothing to do with him is revisionist history. Things will hopefully be better for Xbox next gen, but this worship of Spencer is baseless.

He reshaped the division because he was forced to by the market (aka failure of the XBO compared to the PS4) and more importantly *his* failure as head of the game studios to make compelling first party offerings.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Bummer on the score...

But everyone is excited it's on Games Pass. I guess I am too. But is that what we accept now? Subpar games because we can play them for a couple of bucks on Games Pass? If this is any indication of their future titles on the service, that's not good.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
But all Microsoft 1st party games are going to be on gamepass day 1? ALL OF THEM.

Quality over quantity. Which is something I believe that was discussed in another thread about the value of gamepass. To me the value of gamepass is only as good as the content that's offered. And right now there's only a couple games with really good quality. And those are Ori, Cuphead, gears, forza, halo. Outside of Ori/cuphead people like myself who owns gears are kind of down on the staple pillars that MS seems to mainly focus on.

We hope those series are re-tooled and revamped to be exciting again but with so many games that they have made it's hard to get excited unless they go the God of war route and just kind of start fresh.

SOT is a good value from what I hear now, so there's a game def worth checking out. But honestly unless your into those staple franchises and want to play some 360/OG xbox games it still not even close to as exciting software wise from what the competition is putting out.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They seem to be bringing great stuff for Gears 5 too. I wouldn't underestimate this team now they they are gonna try new things.

But yeah, I look forward to a future where we can expect a big Xbox exclusive to get great reviews. Like Playground's next game, whatever The Initiative is working on, Obsidian etc.

What has that team done to inspire quality? What "new things" are they trying to revolutionize an old franchise? What have ANY of Microsoft's studios done in the last few years that tells you their new push for first party games won't be the same mediocrity we've seen. They have zero credibility.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Is there a person at Xbox that oversees first party games development? Maybe even 2nd party too. Bit like Yoshida at PS?

warcrow

Oct 30, 2017
Haven't read a single review, mainly bc all my free time has been playing this.

All I can tell you is, I've been playing it for the last 2 days (~4-5 hours) and I LOVE it!! It's exactly what I wanted. Full disclaimer: I'm a HUGE Crackdown 1 fan (C2 was barely ok, but not great). All I really wanted was more of C1 with better graphics, more weird bosses and some of the best crazy ass platforming while grabbing globes and wacky gun battles. That's it, and that's what this is.

If you're looking for something that's other than that, it's not here. Yes there are more things to do and destroy, and yes they've expanded on the overall formulas and nuances here and there, but it's not drastically different.

I'm having SO much fun, I love it!!

Cyberia

Nov 8, 2017
Crackdown 3 should never have been released. The campaign is barely mediocre and the multiplayer is a travesty compared to what was initially promised. The underlining tech may well be viable in the future but it should've stayed in a test lab somewhere, until it worked properly and could be used in a game that takes full advantage of it. It is possible to eek out some fun in the campaign's co-op but for what was supposed to be one of the Xbox One's most important exclusives this is a crashing disappointment

https://metro.co.uk/2019/02/14/crackdown-3-review-8624301/
4/10

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
The reviews just make it sound like it's more of the original Crackdown which doesn't seem like a bad thing to me.

GamingRobioto

May 18, 2018
Exeter, UK
Didn't think it would be quite that low. Still, the writing has been on the wall for a while. I'm looking forward to see what all these studios Microsoft have acquired in the past few years produce in the next generation.

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
Phil has been head of the game studios and first party output since 2009. The idea that all the failings of the division during his time as head have nothing to do with him is revisionist history. Things will hopefully be better for Xbox next gen, but this worship of Spencer is baseless.

He reshaped the division because he was forced to by the market (aka failure of the XBO compared to the PS4) and more importantly *his* failure as head of the game studios to make compelling first party offerings.
people just like him because he goes on giantbomb etc and comes across as a gamer friend

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Halo infinte just doesn't come out in 2019 - probably in 2020 or Spring 2021
Why do we need to wait 4 years? Stop being "funny" - you just come of as dumb

I was referring to the "heavy hitters" that we've been told are coming. I'll believe it when I see it, I've been burned too many times this gen by Microsoft.

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
I loved the first Crackdown and I'm sad to see such low scores, but I'm not surprised. This game didn't show well at any point, even after years of delays. I came away from every bit of new footage unimpressed and concerned.

After waiting so long for a new Crackdown, this is likely the death of the series. Super depressing.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
62 metascore looks not good....

Pretty much most of us who were sane expected this. When Ryan mcaffry did a preview and even he was down on it I knew this game was not going to go over well with reviewers. It's a fan game, but even that I feel crackdown fans deserve better especially since the formula has been emulated a little in other games like Saints Row 4.

I think if they had made something in a different direction with abilities, and not went down the cloud route I think development would have been a lot better to be honest.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
8 Pages in 40 minutes, yikes, it got a lower score than I expected

Doctor Avatar

Jan 10, 2019
I've been called an EA shill
Capcom shill
Sony shill
and now i'm a part of Xbox propaganda brigade lmfao

Get a grip.

Well the narrative you're pushing is literally factually inaccurate, so what do you want me to say? The argument was either made through ignorance or due to bias. Either way, not good.

Phil has been in charge of the games being made at MS since 2009, years before the XBO was even released, he was upgraded to head of the entire division in 2014. This is the reality.

He certainly bears responsibility for the failings of MS's first party offering during the XBO era. The idea that he's coming in from having nothing to do with it to turn things around is complete nonsense.

Last edited:

KrAzEd

Oct 27, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
People saying gamepass isn't great because of one mediocre exclusive is hilarious. I'm pretty sure we all knew crackdown 3 would be exactly what it is, good non ground breaking fun.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gamepass is amazing but I cannot wait till the really heavy hitters start to coming from Microsoft. I believe that Halo Infinite will be the first gem.

Forza? Ori?

There're good exclusive games on the xbox one.

The future looks brighter. Some of the new studios know how to make good games. Ms only needs to fund them and leave the rest to the devs.

I'm hopeful.