• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Predict Crackdown 3's Metacritic score

• 59 or lower

Votes: 151 7.1%
  • 60-69

Votes: 669 31.6%
  • 70-79

Votes: 1,061 50.0%
  • 80-89

Votes: 200 9.4%
  • fun (90 or higher)

Votes: 39 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft invested way too much time and money in this game. This probably marks the end of the series for the foreseeable future.

Doctor Avatar

Jan 10, 2019
Not to ruffle any feathers, but realistically what about this game ever looked good? It was a sequel to a niche game that has a cult following but never set either the critical or retail world on fire, and the game clearly went through development hell.

I think some people let their feelings of wanting a "win" for Xbox influence any logic on the matter.

It will be interesting to see how the Xbox Two fares after this. MS need to prove themselves, and prove themselves hard.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
I have never thought that this game would likely deserve really high scores, but I am a little concerned that we seem to be reaching a point where there is no place for just some mindless fun games within the gaming media and I guess maybe the gamer community too or something. I mean Red Dead Redemption 2 was my clear GOTY, but I am taking a break from finishing that one up to go have some fun with Crackdown 3. Even some of the most savage reviews like the Metro one had under pros that there was some great fun to be had there, yet the game just completely sucks?

Watership

Oct 27, 2017
5? Is the game broken or did GameSpot and IGN decide with this game to use the whole 1-10 scale?

Oct 31, 2017
The Blocc
Well I'll be a monkeys uncle, are you telling me that a game Microsoft has been delaying since the start of the generation is only a 66 on metacritic?

Welp, I guess we can all stop hearing about it now.

Oct 26, 2017
Gears 4 will save Microsoft
YrUNo.gif

Oct 30, 2017
I have no problem with Crackdown having basically no story. The entire point of the game is just having fun by blowing shit up and leaping buildings and shit and I'm perfectly fine if CD3 is basically nothing but a high definition upgrade of CD1.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft first party has been a total disaster this gen.

This is on Spencer, he was in charge for what, four years of this development? I don't understand how people can say this is a game of the Mattrick era when he's been gone for years.

M1chl

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Czech Republic
This X 100,000. Gamepass is going to be the death of premium gaming experiences on Xbox. If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys!

Fast forward two weeks time when MS release a statement saying 20 million people are 'enjoying' Crackdown 3. I'd open it for 5 minutes if it was free!
Yeah like Forza Horizon 4....

Has ever Sumo Digital make a good game? I still remember LBP 3 and....well, it was bad. This seems to be right up their alley.

Deleted member 50969

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 17, 2018
This X 100,000. Gamepass is going to be the death of premium gaming experiences on Xbox. If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys!

Fast forward two weeks time when MS release a statement saying 20 million people are 'enjoying' Crackdown 3. I'd open it for 5 minutes if it was free!

That's not how gamepass work.

Kazaam

Oct 26, 2017
London
I'll echo the others who've mentioned that The Verge's analogy between Crackdown 3 and Netflix original material seems the most pertinent/on point so far.

Horo

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Guess i was right with voting 60-69. Games with this many production/development issues rarely turn out to be masterpieces, or great either for that mater.

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
I have never thought that this game would likely deserve really high scores, but I am a little concerned that we seem to be reaching a point where there is no place for just some mindless fun games within the gaming media and I guess maybe the gamer community too or something. I mean Red Dead Redemption 2 was my clear GOTY, but I am taking a break from finishing that one up to go have some fun with Crackdown 3. Even some of the most savage reviews like the Metro one had under pros that there was some great fun to be had there, yet the game just completely sucks?

What is a mindless fun game though? Something that is lighter in tone? Plenty of games lighter in tone have reviewed well.. Including ratchet and clank this Gen, sunset overdrive, Mario Odyssey, astrobot etc..

Chuck

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing the years and money poured into this apparently bad game makes Scalebound's cancelation even more infuriating.

Bennibop

Oct 30, 2017
Dear god those are some awful scores, what are Microsoft playing at.
Just puzzles me even more that Scalebound was cancelled and CD3 was not.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
now i wonder how fucking bad Scalebound was if they were willing to fund this for so long and actually release it.

Oct 27, 2017

I'm also very sceptical about the implications of gaming services for the future. You can't expect the same quality from a cheap "all you can eat" buffet as you're getting from an expensive a la carte menu. No rocket science.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
This is on Spencer, he was in charge for what, four years of this development? I don't understand how people can say this is a game of the Mattrick era when he's been gone for years.

Wasn't Spencer head of 1st party under Mattrick?

Spencer was appointed as head of Xbox in March 2014
Crackdown 3 was announced at E3 2014
Do you seriously think he did greenlight Crackdown 3 in 2 months?

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
A game can be fun, but still a 4 out of 10. They aren't mutually exclusive. For example, I'm having tons of fun with KH3, but if you asked me for a score gun to the head I'd give it a 6 because I think there's a lot wrong with it.

Joeyro

Oct 28, 2017
Can't stop thinking that after all the delays and development hell MS were probably dying to cancel it but they couldn't after Scalebound.

Hear to a new MS exclusive ERA after this atleast.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
I think I expected it to be somewhere in the 60s. Ah well, I'm definitely going to be playing through the campaign using Gamepass, I still love me some Crackdown. It'll keep me busy until Anthem at the very least.

JCADX

Oct 29, 2017
I honestly think they didn´t cancel this game because it would have been more bad press, because doesn´t seem like a very polished or solid product.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Expected - outside of Forza they really didn't have big quality releases so it made sense that they were happy to give their first party stuff out for free via GamePass.

It just weird to me how they can pump out those average games but suddenly people bring up Fable or whatever first party title that will win the next gen for them.

MS has alot to make up for in terms of first party content - the acquisitions were a nice first step....now they have to deliver.

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
True and one of the most important things to help those sales, is a critically acclaimed game with high ratings. A game with MC 50 score will obviously sell less units than the same game with MC 90 score. It's not exactly rocket science.
sure, but feel free to explain that to the people playing titles like Sea of Thieves, Destiny, PUBG and so on. All games that range in the "ok" to "just good but nothing more" section of the scale.

engagement and exposure via youtube and twitch is way more valuable than a numbers that people pay less and less attention to. Hell a lot of those games that get big dont even have something like Gamepass to rely on getting exposure to players that may have never even thought of trying it.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Microsoft invested way too much time and money in this game. This probably marks the end of the series for the foreseeable future.

I think they must have been caught between a rock and a hard place here.
Either they poor money into it and release something or cancel it and receive massive PR backlash.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina

Well, Kingdom Hearts 3 is mindless fun done well for me.

G_O

Oct 28, 2017
This is the last game from the old Xbox era. Its full steam ahead I think for MS from here on out. Also some people appear surprised by this? The game has looked below par from day 1. Its a miracle they managed to get an actual finished game out as it has had very obvious issues in its cycle.