• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Predict Crackdown 3's Metacritic score

• 59 or lower

Votes: 151 7.1%
  • 60-69

Votes: 669 31.6%
  • 70-79

Votes: 1,061 50.0%
  • 80-89

Votes: 200 9.4%
  • fun (90 or higher)

Votes: 39 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
In the end it's quite funny that not the graphics, but the repetitive gameplay seems to be the problem. Most reviews are positive about the graphics, it seems.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Some people didn't like my earlier suggestion of dated design and mechanics. Most mid scoring reviews share this opinion.

I actually voted 70-79, but this isn't likely any more.

Deleted member 4072

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Don would be proud.

At least it's the last of his trainwreck era. Only upwards from here in terms of quality hopefully.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft have to do a better job with their exclusives come next gen. Too many of their titles for Xbox One have been underwhelming critically.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
expected
Such a waste of time and money or maybe it was all worth for the cloud tech in the end... who knows
yeah, the cloud tech stuff seems like it has great potential in other games, like Halo and Gears, so atleast we did get some good out of this disaster.

dyst

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The game was delayed, they had to tone it down from reveal, they basically tried to hide it and keep it hidden and under wraps. I think the team at Microsoft knew...this one was going to struggle.

Podge293

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gamespew - 9
Gamingtrend - 8.5
God is a Geek - 7.5
Critical Hit - 7
EGM - 7
Twinfinite - 7
Press Start - 7
Shacknews - 7
EGM - 7
Destructoid - 6
Attack of the Fanboy - 6
Telegraph - 6
Videogamer - 6
The Escapist - 6
Gamesradar - 6
PCGamesN - 6
The Guardian - 6
Gamespot - 5
IGN - 5
Screen Rant - 5
Dualshockers - 5
Stevivor - 4
Metro - 4

Metacritic: 65%
Opencritic: 63%

weak-man.png

gamespew the only ones who actually know the deal

the rest are clearly haters who hate the excellence that is crackdown

Feb 26, 2018
User Banned (1 day): console wars
Mediocresoft strikes again
I hope "Mattrick" games are over and they will up the quality

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It never looked very good but the scores are lower than expected. A shame. Hopefully fans of the series can still get some fun out of it especially as it's on Game Pass.

Oct 27, 2017
...and just to rub some salt into those fresh wounds: although I disliked every piece of Scalebound footage I don't think it would've been reviewed lower than high 60s.

superNESjoe

Developer at Limited Run Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
What happened to the first party lineup for Xbox this gen is going to be one of the most interesting game industry stories in the future.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
yeah I don't get it either. It seemed blindingly obvious this wouldn't review well. I'm excited for the game and when the MP tech test showed me is I'll enjoy the movement and the chaos enough to get an enjoyable time out of it but it also made it clear that this isn't a brilliant game and struggles in a lot of key areas.

Tbh, reviewers rarely use their entire scale. I personally just figured this would be like sea of thieves or state of decay 2 where blatant mediocrity would still be rewarded 7...I guess crackdown is even worse than those games? Not that I'm surprised mind you given what they've shown prior to release.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
4/10 from Metro, ouch.

In Short: A tragic end to Crackdown 3's long and painful journey, with an unremarkable campaign mode and a multiplayer that is a disaster in terms of tech and design.

Pros: It is possible to have a lot of fun with the campaign, especially in co-op, and there's a wide range of very entertaining weapons. Hunting for agility orbs is as fun as ever.

Cons: The campaign is shallow and overfamiliar, with frustrating platforming and underdeveloped combat. The multiplayer is laughably bad, with horribly confusing graphics and banal play modes.

Score: 4/10

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/02/14/crackdown-3-review-8624301/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That cloud tech demo at E3 was the Killzone 2 demo of this generation

But at least KZ2 ended up becoming a great game

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
you cant really get that from a critic rating imo.

Sales and MAU are way more important to find out if a game has done well regarding bringing people to the Xbox platform.

True and one of the most important things to help those sales, is a critically acclaimed game with high ratings. A game with MC 50 score will obviously sell less units than the same game with MC 90 score. It's not exactly rocket science.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What happened to the first party lineup for Xbox this gen is going to be one of the most interesting game industry stories in the future.
Not to get too far off topic but I legitimately don't understand how it was so bad. I know there was a leadership change, but plenty of other companies have had leadership changes before and still functioned.

Well here's hoping for next gen to turn things around.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
Tbh, reviewers rarely use their entire scale. I personally just figured this would be like sea of thieves or state of decay 2 where blatant mediocrity would still be rewarded 7...I guess crackdown is even worse than those games? Not that I'm surprised mind you given what they've shown prior to release.
I actually agree. I don't pay attention to scores, just the detail in the review. Usually you can spot those "this is bad" 7/10 games in the first paragraph of the reviews.

DotHair

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Translation : devs can make poorly made games and get away with it because of subsidised subscription costs, this doesn't drive creativity forward, it drags it backward.

This X 100,000. Gamepass is going to be the death of premium gaming experiences on Xbox. If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys!

Fast forward two weeks time when MS release a statement saying 20 million people are 'enjoying' Crackdown 3. I'd open it for 5 minutes if it was free!

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
This has been a weak generation of exclusive content for Microsoft. Forza was pretty great though.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Why people say it's Mattrick fault? Spencer was the head of MS Studios back then (IIRC) and i doubt that Mattrick was a huge fan of Crackdowns 3. Things just didn't work out for this game.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
All of the development horror stories I've read publically and heard privately amounted to a dated and boring game. Welp, time to get rid of the Xbox for good methinks.