• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LeFronge

May 5, 2018
United Kingdom
It looks alright....and for many people, that is perfectly enough :)

If paying $40-$60 was the only way to play this game, maybe it wouldn't be enough - but its not

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
for me personally a softer lock, ala sunset overdrive, would be FAAAAARRRR more appealing.

Crackdown's lock on system worked for crackdown 1. So I'm surprised to see so people arguing it needs to change.

Its not like you have to lock on. You use free aim or you use lock-on to hit specific body parts or explosive items. As you upgrade your gun skill, your Agent starts to lock on quicker and from farther away, and becomes less impacted by recoil and player movement. I don't think Sunset Overdrive's system would allow for the types of moments you get in Crackdown or the same sense of progression.

My only concern is for the MP, which uses a different system than the one in SP.

Last edited:

amardilo

Oct 30, 2017
UK
I know Crackdown isn't meant to look hyper realistic but the game still looks a little flat to me. A lot of the ground and wall textures still seem a bit basic too.

The gampleay looks like Crackdown though which is good. Only downside on that was the multiplayer destruction looks like the everything falls to bits a little too easily but I guess that might not matter too much in multiplayer when you are running around constantly.

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
That all sounds mighty fine. I'm sure that the full campaign won't change minds of those who have already written CD3 off as simplistic and dated, but I was wondering how much of the game's progression, which is so important in Crackdown, you can realistically experience in an hour or two of playing, even if it was accelerated like in the first game's demo.

I was thinking about this as well whilst reading some of the previews. Giving the media access to a Keys to the City mode probably would've been a better way to go if they didn't have much time at the preview event. Wouldn't surprise me if the reviews come in more positive, given they'll have more time with their review copies.

Regardless, it looks like it's going to be the Crackdown sequel I've been waiting for, so roll on the 15th!

Oct 26, 2017
Just read that the campaign is 15+ hours. Now that makes me happy! Will be much more for the collector (of orbs), which I definitely will do, all of em.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Really love the look of the city in the video below . Has a great cyberpunk feel with the neon everywhere .also love some of the cutscenes and map .

Contains some minor story spoilers for the start of the game

Love the tall highways and monorails

It's more crackdown but that's all I'm looking for in a game called crackdown .

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Really love the look of the city in the video below . Has a great cyberpunk feel with the neon everywhere .also love some of the cutscenes and map .

I was watching this video as well and yeah, the city looks nice at night for sure. Crisp too. Hope it's this crisp on Xbox One X too.

And man, those guns sound very meaty. Which is great!

But am I the only one that notices the physics don't seem nearly as fun as the first game? It definitely looks different.

Deleted member 37739

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Man, 15th of Feb is jam-packed: Far Cry New Dawn, Metro Exodus, Jump Force and Crackdown 3 in one day - then Anthem the following week.

Deleted member 51848

Jan 10, 2019
It's definitely possible to have a game in the oven so long it overcooks. Until you play it there is no way to know how it feels but some of the character animation still looks pretty rough.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
PBzT85x.gif

8EFZ7Ew.gif

6hr0C9Y.gif

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSGbUm_aiXo

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Such a bummer that people think the game has no shadows for the agents because of the footage from the pc version.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Is there no per object blur on single player?

Certainly looks more liberally applied on multi.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Watched so many videos. Crackdown one is a personal favourite. I even enjoyed 2. All I wanted from one is to have requirements to unlock the bosses. Going from this I have it, have to destroy buildings etc to draw the enemy out then they are an actual boss fight.

Transforming cats etc.

All I need now is the ninja tune DJ Krush etc soundtrack

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like dumb fun, which is exactly what I want out of Crackdown. Excited to play this in a week or so.

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
I gotta say I don't really like at all how the MP maps looks. Why those weird buildings instead of actual skyscrapers that we see in the SP? I want to tear those down!

Yeah, that's exactly why I want to see the other 2 maps, as that vid mentions they are based in areas found in the SP. The one Joe Staten detailed though, was described as being based on an area located on an asteroid belt, so unlikely to have traditional city skyscrapers :(

Here's to hoping the 3rd map will be more down to earth!

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
Seems like that no matter how many times it is explained and shown that there are shadows in the game, there are still people that are very "concerned" about there not being any shadows in the game.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Watching the footage I'm thinking a wall run would've taken the gameplay to the next level.
Oh hell no, that would totally be missing the point of Crackdown.

I'll repost something I said last week about the original game and why I feel like other superpower/hero games just haven't hit the same note:
I think what I really loved about Crackdown - and what is still so rare in open world games - is that you had to actually climb buildings through platforming, so there was a real sense of achievement when you reached the top, or a balcony or ledge with a hidden orb. Games like Prototype, Infamous and Spider-Man etc - they let you run (or swing) up towers but it's not the same. Just simply running up a building as if it's the ground provides no sense of achievement when you get there, and no sense of wonder when you're at the bottom looking up wondering if there might be a hidden orb up there.

It's where BotW particularly excelled - rather than just being able to run up any mountain, you had to figure out a way to get up there. It made it so much more rewarding when you did, and provided so much more of a sense of wonder as you explore the environment.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Oh hell no, that would totally be missing the point of Crackdown.

I'll repost something I said last week about the original game and why I feel like other superpower/hero games just haven't hit the same note:

I disagree. I played the original many years ago and scaled the tallest building.

Adding wall running doesn't remove the "climbing" of pressing a jump button and adjusting you're character midair to land on a ledge. Buildings would have to be designed to make use of it. If anything I think it would be more challenging than simply jumping from ledges.

Besides, Prince of Persia has it and it's platforming is leagues better.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017

Yaas! I love the depth they added to the campaign progression.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I disagree. I played the original many years ago and scaled the tallest building.

Adding wall running doesn't remove the "climbing" of pressing a jump button and adjusting you're character midair to land on a ledge. Buildings would have to be designed to make use of it. If anything I think it would be more challenging than simply jumping from ledges.

Besides, Prince of Persia has it and it's platforming is leagues better.
OK, I thought you meant wall running of the type we see in Infamous, Spider-Man and Prototype, where you literally push forward (and hold circle in the case of Infamous) to run up an entire building. Which is pretty dull. If you mean only short wall-runs as part of platforming mechanics, then yes I can get behind that.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
pswii60 said:
I think what I really loved about Crackdown - and what is still so rare in open world games - is that you had to actually climb buildings through platforming, so there was a real sense of achievement when you reached the top, or a balcony or ledge with a hidden orb. Games like Prototype, Infamous and Spider-Man etc - they let you run (or swing) up towers but it's not the same. Just simply running up a building as if it's the ground provides no sense of achievement when you get there, and no sense of wonder when you're at the bottom looking up wondering if there might be a hidden orb up there.

It's where BotW particularly excelled - rather than just being able to run up any mountain, you had to figure out a way to get up there. It made it so much more rewarding when you did, and provided so much more of a sense of wonder as you explore the environment.

Not only that, but I actually get a sense of vertigo from the first two games, because one mis-step means you have to climb all the way back up there. It takes time and it takes risk and skill. There's a real risk-reward element. The buildings were designed with ledges that were just out of reach until you level up. It was really well designed.

It was also amazing to explore with hidden tunnels and nooks everywhere. I found a new-to-me tunnel just a few months ago that I had never seen before, in the sand on the beach next to the gym boss's house.

Everyone is so focused on the combat. I just want to find everywhere and everything in Crackdown 3! Ok, and maybe blow some shit up, too.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
OK, I thought you meant wall running of the type we see in Infamous, Spider-Man and Prototype, where you literally push forward (and hold circle in the case of Infamous) to run up an entire building. Which is pretty dull. If you mean only short wall-runs as part of platforming mechanics, then yes I can get behind that.

Oh heck no lol. No, I'm thinking along the lines of Titanfall and Prince of Persia.