• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
its REALLY not a looker. still, it should be fun exploring the world - and its free on gamepass, so i'm in

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
1-4-1.jpg

CD3-Campaign-4K-Step-Up-Your-Boom.jpg

CD3-Campaign-4K-Avoiding-an-Accident.jpg

Elios83

Oct 28, 2017
Tepid previews and many from websites close to Xbox...imo this game will score in the 60-70 metacritic but maybe it will be fun enough for crackdown fans.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not expecting the next Red Dead Redemption 2 from this, so some of those previews talking about how it doesn't feel revolutionary or even comparing it to some of the competition's games feel odd. If I can get a good 30 hours of fun out of this, I'll feel more than fine with the game. Blessed be Gamepass.

allan-bh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It seems that will be a fun game for enjoy via Game Pass, but not worth paying retail price.

SpinlyLimbs

Banned
Feb 1, 2018
That Gamespot video was kinda weird. I don't get why they're complaining about being a nobody with no powers at the beginning. Isn't that kinda the point? Orbs man.

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm getting flashbacks to the first game with these reviews. By no means an amazing game but stupid fun platforming and orb collecting. I'm down.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Incredibly subdued previews, reminds me of when those Shadow of the Tomb Raider previews came through last year. But hey, at least it sounds like the campaign isn't terrible.

Sounds like they should have done a RDR2 and delayed the multiplayer so it didn't get factored in to the reviews etc!

I honestly thought the campaign was going to be the weak point, given how little we've seen of it. Didn't expect it to be the multiplayer dragging the package down.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
The previews sound exactly like what I want. A slightly refined take on the old, dumb, winning concept. All those orbs shall be mine! Any word on how many orbs there are btw?

SiassaDavid

Jun 15, 2018
Vienna, Austria
yike, Ryan Mcaffery sucks
IGN is getting worse and worse.

Ryan is still somebody who loves xbox and wants them to do great. That's why i don't understand why he would write something like that. Normally hes pretty chill on his xbox show

This looks so much fun. Can't wait for awesome clips of movement and cluch wins with the cloud destruction

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
So to conclude a bit, the previews basically found nothing really negative besides the expected (and intentionally designed) old-school nature of the whole game.

Pretty much everyone agreed that the game is a ton of fun, but doesn't reinvent the wheel. I expected to get the best Crackdown game to date - and I'm sure now I will get that.

Deleted member 19924

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The running and jumping could use some more animation frames, it looks so robotic and janky. Nice art style though.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to just exist in this city and cause all kinds of mayhem in Crackdown's sandbox. Looking forward to trying out the multiplayer too as a nice palette cleanser to Smash, Overwatch, Halo, Sea of Thieves, etc.

I'm fully expecting hours of laughter while playing co-op with friends.
From IGN's Crackdown review: "there's nothing here that the Xbox faithful are likely to be boastfully thrusting into the faces of their Sony-fan friends"

Why is this something that is found in an Crackdown 3 preview?
This is actually pretty messed up.. I'm disappointed how Crackdown doesn't seem to be getting a fair shake on its own merits as it has the weight of Xbox's first party stigma on its shoulders.

Console wars are shitty.

Oct 26, 2017
The IGN video looks good and crisp. It has the shadows and everything too and looks fine. The other footage that lack shadows really must be PC where the shadows setting is off. Can't think of anything else because it sure looks polished.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit, this looks so much better than what they were showing off like a year ago. All Hail our Lord & Savior Game Pass!

Mr Moot

May 10, 2018
Annecy, France
I agree.
I'm not interested in shooters or multi player games but I don't see anything wrong with that quote...

That poster should read our news at the beginning of the gen. Beeing focused on Xbox doesn't equal to beeing biased. We aren't getting paid by MS or what, it's a non professionnal site, everyone has a job and write on their free time.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The behind the scenes stories about this game will be very interesting. They've clearly put a huge amount of work into trying to wrangle a troubled project into something fun. Open world games go off the rails very easily, and are extremely difficult to hammer into something cohesive.

The key will be whether the game is fun. I think some people want Crackdown to have some Game Awards-bait story or something like that. Wanting the game to be some sort of "prestige" Microsoft exclusive designed to make people jealous. It's not that sort of game. It's Crackdown.

The difference between Saints Row and Agents of Mayhem, for example, is that Saints Row was fun, and Agents of Mayhem was kinda... not very fun. Crackdown 3 needs to be more of the former, less of the latter.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
It will be fun with some friends, I suppose. As a fan of the original, I find it hard to be too excited about this sequel.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
It looks pretty fun and I loved the original. Definitely trying it via game pass.