• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

(Click for general game info.)

🖥️ System requirements:
crackdown3sysreqs91kh7.jpg

🧰 Latest drivers: (as at 24/02/2022)
AMD: 22.2.2
Nvidia: 511.79

📊 Benchmarks:
TBD.

🎩 Tips and tricks:
Cap the frame rate/potentially improve frame times: Download RivaTuner Statistics Server (if you use MSI Afterburner, then you already have it installed), input your desired framerate limit in the "Framerate limit" box, and hit Enter . Alternatively, those with an Nvidia GPU can either cap the frame rate at the driver level via the Nvidia Control Panel (requires the 441.87+ drivers) or use Nvidia Inspector to force a vsync internal lower than one-half (click the small tool icon to open the game profile section).
Note: Useful if your system can't maintain, say, 60fps and you're sensitive to the wild fluctuations, or you're experiencing uneven frame times. The greater window the engine has to render a given frame, if you're imposing a lower frame rate than the game can otherwise provide, may also help in alleviating stuttering related to data streaming.

icon_warning.png
When posting your own tip/trick or something else you'd like to see here in the OP, be sure to tag my username (@GrrImAFridge), as this way I'll receive a notification. I may miss your suggestion otherwise.

⚙️ Graphics settings:

Display mode: Windowed/Fullscreen
Resolution scale: 47% -> 200% in increments of 1%
GPU select: Self-explanatory
FPS limit: 30fps; 60fps; 120fps; Unlocked
Vsync: Off/On
Brightness: Self-explanatory
HDR display: Off/On(?)
HDR settings: Paperwhite luminance slider

Quality preset: Low; Medium; High; Ultra; Extreme
Post-process quality: Low; Medium; High; Ultra
Effects quality: Low; Medium; High; Ultra
Character texture detail: Low; Medium; High; Ultra
Vehicle texture detail: Low; Medium; High; Ultra
World texture detail: Low; Medium; High; Ultra

Effects texture detail: Low; Medium; High; Ultra
Shadow map detail: Low; Medium; High; Ultra
Texture filtering: 2x; 4x; 8x; 16x
Anti-alising quality (TAA): Low; Medium; High; Ultra
Temporal AA sharpening: 1% -> 5% in increments of 1%
Foliage draw distance: Low; Medium; High; Ultra
Global level of detail: Low; Medium; High; Ultra

Light shafts quality: Off; Medium; High; Ultra; Extreme
Lens flare quality: Off; Medium; High; Ultra
Bloom quality: Off; Medium; High; Ultra
Shadow quality: Low; Medium; High; Ultra
Ambient occlusion: Off; Medium; High; Ultra; Extreme
Real-time GI quality: Low; Medium; High; Ultra
Screenspace reflections: Low; Medium; High; Ultra
Particle effect quality: Low; Medium; High; Ultra; Extreme
Sharpening: 0% -> 30% in increments of 1%

Dynamic resolution scaling: Off/On
Dynamic resolution range: 0% -> 50% in increments of 1%
Async compute: Off/On
Live performance display: Off; FPS; Performance; Detailed

Last edited:

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
I think there will be a notabele difference in performance and graphics between SP and MP.

Had some lagspikes during the MP tests. Seemed to be a PC thing. 99% of the match was 60fps locked or between 80 and 110 unlocked. But some extreme framedrops during the game. 2-3 times per match.

Hope they fixed that.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought you were not gonna make performance threads for Win 10 games?

Regardless, thank you anyway!

OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Last edited:

Dalto11

Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting locked 60 FPS at 1080p Extreme preset in Campaign mode (will test 4K once this update downloads). There were some stutters when I first started playing, but they've disappeared now - it's worth noting I'm also running the game off of an SSD, Digital Foundry reported stuttering on 7200 RPM hard drive.

My specs are:
i7-6700k at 4.5 GHz
GTX 1070 ti OC'd
32 GB DDR4 at 2400 MHz

So so far I'm very pleased with the performance.

Crimmson

Oct 26, 2017
For anyone looking to get this specifically for co-op, be aware that the framerate is inexplicably capped at 30fps in co-op.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I love those built-in performance tracking tools, though I'm surprised hearing about the slight stutter issue DF ran into on that higher-end test system. I know it wasn't their deep dive, but with those specs, it's worth raising an eyebrow.

For anyone looking to get this specifically for co-op, be aware that the framerate is inexplicably capped at 30fps in co-op.

I know on XB1, co-op limits the world instance to whatever the lowest system is, in terms of things like vehicle density. Is it possible the person you were playing with had a framerate cap enabled? (Not that it would be good in either case)

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
I've got the game installed on an SSD and have a system above the recommended specs. I hope I can avoid the stuttering. That would probably be a deal breaker for me.

Crimmson

Oct 26, 2017
I love those built-in performance tracking tools, though I'm surprised hearing about the slight stutter issue DF ran into on that higher-end test system. I know it wasn't their deep dive, but with those specs, it's worth raising an eyebrow.

I know on XB1, co-op limits the world instance to whatever the lowest system is, in terms of things like vehicle density. Is it possible the person you were playing with had a framerate cap enabled? (Not that it would be good in either case)
Haven't tried it myself yet but from what I've read it would seem that the game automatically caps it to 30 when you play in co-op, regardless of what either player had their framerate set to prior.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Nasty!
Getting micro stutters on every setting from low to extreme that seem to be network related.

Ryzen 1600X @4.0
Stryx 1060 6gb small oc
16gb DDR4
Game on M.2 SSD
Win 10 on SSD
Fibre connection at 240mb/s

Ultra = 55-80 fps (stutters down to zero)
low = 70-118 fps (stutters down to zero)

Game also tried on X1X and runs smooth so not sure what is going on with the PC version.

vegtro

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the game is a stutter fest no matter the settings. It's worse than what DF claims to me.

Shocchiz

Nov 7, 2017
Am I the only one without stutter?
I have 9600k@4900mhz, 2080ti, 32gb of ram@3200mhz.
4k, extreme detail, HDR
The game is installed on a SSHD (not SSD).

I have fast sync in the control panel, rivatuner with 60 limit and -60 adaptative sync.

I have to say I really like both the tech and the style, really enjoying the game.

EDIT: disbale asyinc compute, if I enalbe it the game stutters

Last edited:

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
I'll try the 14 day free trial of Game Pass just for this. See how it goes.

Edit: As usual Windows Store downloads are weird. Says I'm downloading three items but it's only two. Well, it should be two anyway, not always certain that the Store isn't fucking something up.

Last edited:

srylain

Jun 15, 2018
Far as I can tell it looks like the game is connected to Azure when running co-op (had something like 30ms ping when I usually only have 15ms when directly connecting to this friend), so locking it to 30FPS could be a way of just reducing overall data usage. Can confirm that both me and my friend had it set to 60FPS and it still capped it to 30.

Oct 25, 2017
Getting the occasional stutter here too, nothing that distracting, but hopefully they can find whats causing this and rectify it. Other than that it looks gorgeous

pj-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For some reason, regardless of in-game settings, I was getting insane screen tearing in fullscreen mode. Running windowed was smooth.

I finally got rid of the tearing by forcing v-sync through the nvidia control panel and disabling gsync on my primary monitor. Not sure if both changes were necessary but I did them both at the same time.

Played a few hours last night and didn't notice any stuttering. Ultra settings, PC is 5820k and pascal Titan X, 16gb ram, ssd, playing at 60fps on a 4k hdr tv

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
JaseC HDR On gives you a Paperwhite setting. Has to be used in conjuction with the normal brightness slider. Lets you set the number of NITS paperwhite brightness is set too. Turning it up too high blows out highlights. There's an example screenshot of a nighttime area with neon signs and an explosion to help you get it where you want it.

Aug 26, 2018
Nasty!
Getting micro stutters on every setting from low to extreme that seem to be network related.

Ryzen 1600X @4.0
Stryx 1060 6gb small oc
16gb DDR4
Game on M.2 SSD
Win 10 on SSD
Fibre connection at 240mb/s

Ultra = 55-80 fps (stutters down to zero)
low = 70-118 fps (stutters down to zero)

Game also tried on X1X and runs smooth so not sure what is going on with the PC version.

DF had the same issue, they switched to an external HD and seems to have fixed the issue.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
i7 4770k 3.5 ghz cpu
Sapphire Vega 64 nitro+
None of them overclocked.
16 gb memory in PC.
Full screen on a 4k monitor

I put all on ultra (I prefer detail over resolution), 60 fps cap and gradually increased the resolution until I hit 60 fps locked (except for those texture loading studders), and I was able to hit 1620p before starting to drop frames.

With 2160p I get about 50 fps on average so far as I can tell from the ingame meter, depending on what goes on at the screen. Some areas is actually full 60 fps. Sometimes it dips to 40ish when there are lots of explosions.

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
The stutters are real for me as well. I just locked it to 72 with RTSS and that seems to help a bit. Aside from that, no problems maxing this out at 1080p with a 1070 6700k 16gb on an SSD. I could increase the res even. Those stutters, though.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Just tried it on another rig.(Mates PC)

Ryzen 2700X
Gtx 1080
32gb DDR4 @3000
Game on M.2
Win10 on SSD
All standard clocks and still the same stutters as my rig.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Do others have those complete fps drops (like to sub 10 fps ) in the multiplayer mode? I have complete drops for 2-3 seconds a couple of times per match.

Nitori

Oct 29, 2017
I had a lot of stuttering when I first started the game but it went away the more I played. Seems to stay locked at 60 fps with a few minor drops here and there.

Ryzen 5 2600
GTX 1070 Ti
16GB DDR4
Game and Win 10 on separate SSDs
1440p, Ultra settings, no overclocks

tuna_love

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the 30fps in co op is insane, does any other game do this? hope its a bug or something

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, there is way too much periodic stuttering in this port, and I've got it on an SSD. Between that and apparent 30fps coop lock, this port actually seems pretty damn awful.

OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
JaseC HDR On gives you a Paperwhite setting. Has to be used in conjuction with the normal brightness slider. Lets you set the number of NITS paperwhite brightness is set too. Turning it up too high blows out highlights. There's an example screenshot of a nighttime area with neon signs and an explosion to help you get it where you want it.

Ta, added.

Oct 2, 2018
Can confirm stutter on my system as well, whether running at 30fps locked or 60fps locked, 4K with or without resolution scaling. RTSS doesn't seem to remove it either. Game is running on my M.2 SSD.

i7 9700k
GTX 1080
16GB RAM

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Mark me down for stutter too. About once every few seconds. Running off an M.2 drive. Stutters were all GPU according to the performance tickers. RTX 2080 Ti using the latest driver and windows build.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
I'd hate to call it stutter because it's literally 5+ seconds each time for me of framerate drops to sub 10 FPS.

8750H
1060 6GB Max-Q - latest driver (Tried the game WITH and WITHOUT Wisper Mode, zero difference)
16GB Ram
Game installed on a M.2 SSD

When it isn't dropping to unplayable framerate the game is basically locked at 60 on high/ultra, sucks that it's basically unplayable right now. I'll cancel game pass and resub in a year or something when this shit is fixed.

edit: This is what I'm getting constantly. The red segments are sub 10 FPS and make the game unplayable.

8HqYhfS.jpg

edit #2: Even disabling network connection didn't improve things, so it can't be network related.

Last edited:

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
The game is not really smooth on my case, and the hdr is not working on the mp ! The mp, i got some really big freeze, the campaign is better but the game is not really smooth at 60fps. I had to lower a lot of settings to get a value near 60fps at 4k.

Ryzen 1600x
1080ti
16GB ram
The game on hdd ( maybe this is the culprit haha)

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
I'm not experiencing any stutter in single player. Have yet to try multi player. Runs at an easy 4k60 for me. Might bump up the res scale a little bit.

2080 Ti
32GB DDR4-4000
Samsung 970 Evo 1TB

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
8700k/2080/16 GB RAM running from a 970 Evo. It's fairly smooth maxed at 1440p but has a bit of stuttering every now and then. Multiplayer has big stutters that seem like streaming issues.