• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium

Today, we're happy to deliver two updates to Crackdown 3. First, we're giving you the KEYS TO THE CITY! This Campaign update exposes a deep menu of tools and cheats, including:
• AGENT ABILITIES - Raise your Skills and give yourself infinite health, ammo and gadgets.
• SPAWN OBJECTS - Fill the streets with enemies, vehicles, exploding props—and more!
• ELEMENTAL FISTS - Add Fire, Ice, Electric and Toxic effects to your melee attacks.
• SUPER SPEED & JETPACK - Run faster and fly higher than Daddy Duck himself!
• NEW ACHIEVEMENTS worth 250 Gamerscore.

But that's not all! We've also updated Wrecking Zone, adding a brand new PROGRESSION SYSTEM that features:
• 100 TIERS OF VANITY ITEMS - Earn Agency Points in Wrecking Zone matches to unlock each Tier.
• YOUR AGENT, YOUR STYLE - Vanity items include holographic "LENS" adornments, helmets, weapon skins—and more!
• NEW OVERDRIVE SKILLS - Now select from 6 types of Overdrive Skills to really step up your BOOM!

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
God, Wrecking Zone could've done with that progression at launch. Interested to check it out.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
UglyEachBorderterrier-size_restricted.gif

NearDelayedCavy-size_restricted.gif

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
Nice! It took a while, but I'm glad they didn't give up on it. Now if we could get a proper expansion... Nah, that's asking too much, sadly.

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
I absolutely loved Crackdown 3, but this update has nothing for me. The Multiplayer didn't interest me at all, and I unlocked pretty much everything in the game, so Keys to the City doesn't do much for me except for spawning some random shit.

Glad they're supporting the game, but this doesn't give me enough to get back in.

Deleted member 36493

User requested account closure
Dec 19, 2017
Holy crap, this game just went from a 1/10 to a 10/10 for me. This effectively fixes all of the problems I had with the original release!

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like a good move that gives people more of what they want to do in Crackdown.

Fans feeling sensitive in here pretending like the game wasn't poorly received.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
That Wrecking Zone stuff should have been there in the first place and maybe it wouldn't have died so fast. I'll give it another shake but I'm not messing with the campaign again unless they add a free-roam multiplayer mode or something.

Drayco21

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
That's neat, but unlike the first, there was so little to do and the world was so uninteresting that I don't see myself coming back to this without anything more meaningful.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
People are calling the other post asking this question a drive-by, but the critical and commercial responses suggest it's perfectly fair to ask if this new content makes Crackdown 3 worth purchasing now.

For that reason, I'm sincerely asking whether the game has now been supplemented such that the issues that made it a dicey purchase have been addressed. It was on my list once and I'm inclined to put it back there if this is a good excuse.

Atisha

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Loved my time with the game. Still play it when i take breaks from the latest thing.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Fuck, I'll download for the new achievements.

WGMBY

Oct 27, 2017
Boston, MA
Unless they also patched it so kicking cars makes them go flying, I'm not that interested. I liked it when I played through, but it doesn't have the endless goofing around the first Crackdown had.

Cool that they're putting out Keys To The City though, that's always good for a bit of extra fun with these games.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
No it hasn't. It felt like a game that should have came out years ago.

Ideally it should have, but it didn't. Shit happens. To me it's still a great game with timeless arcade gameplay design that felt far better to play than many a critical darling. Whether you thought it was good or not, there are better ways to express your disappointment than resorting to inflammatory smartass drive-bys.

That's neat, but unlike the first, there was so little to do and the world was so uninteresting that I don't see myself coming back to this without anything more meaningful.

That's objectively wrong, the game offers more activities and just more single player content than the original. Now, if you said that there was less to do than in the similarly underappreciated second game, you might've had a point. Maybe.

TheGift

Oct 28, 2017
Central California
My big issue with this game was that the world seemed completely dead. It seemed like no one lived in the city at any point in time. Completely sterile looking. Does wrecking zone look any better?

Smokeymicpot

Oct 25, 2017
Ideally it should have, but it didn't. Shit happens. To me it's still a great game with timeless arcade gameplay design that felt far better to play than many a critical darling. Whether you thought it was good or not, there are better ways to express your disappointment than resorting to inflammatory smartass drive-bys.

That's objectively wrong, the game offers more activities and just more single player content than the original. Now, if you said that there was less to do than in the similarly underappreciated second game, you might've had a point. Maybe.

To me it wasn't a great game at all and felt like a game from 10 years ago with buggy MP. My comment was a basic comment asking if this update made the game actually good. Which wasn't really a smart ass post was just asking if this update made the game good?

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
To me it wasn't a great game at all and felt like a game from 10 years ago with buggy MP. My comment was a basic comment asking if this update made the game actually good. Which wasn't really a smart ass post was just asking if this update made the game good?

Of course it wasn't... All the info you need is both in the trailer and in the post preceding yours. There are obviously no fundamental changes, this is just a fun extra that always accompanies Crackdown games, but you just couldn't help yourself. Fine, but at least own up to it.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
So there's really nothing substantial for single player. Just basically a god mode.

Would reinstall for some more content

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I would sensibly chuckle if the progression for Wrecking Zone had more to it than the Apex battle pass.

(regardless, it should have been there at launch)

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
It was already good.
The game was always good

Yeah, I agree with these fine people. I loved the game and the movement options are what made it fun to play for me. I mean, it's similar but better to recore, in my opinion, and people like that about that game.
So there's really nothing substantial for single player. Just basically a god mode.

Would reinstall for some more content
Yeah, my agent's already maxed out so I'm not sure how much use I'll get out of god mode, even if it seems to push things further.
I guess this is just a "Hey we did this for the old game, so here it is for the new game too!" kind of thing.

I have zero interest in multiplayer still though.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wrecking Zone progression system should've been in at launch. Kind of late to be trying now with how dead that mode is. Looking forward to the Keys though.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
The cosmetics you can unlock are pretty great. I know someone up above mentioned Apex and, yeah, these are definitely better. And quicker to unlock! I played one match and levelled up three times, unlocking three things.

Matchmaking took some time though...

Nov 8, 2017
Happy they keep updating the game but I don't think anything could make me reinstall it. The game just felt so boring and lifeless.

Stay until you reach at agility level 4, that opens up a lot of the world for me. And playing with a friend makes the game 100x better.

Anyone has the list of the new achievements?