• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone saying "looks like a 360 game in higher resolution" can easily verify their claims - grab the first crackdown (which afaik is still free) which is indeed a 360 game with a higher resolution, then compare to crackdown 3. Then shut up.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
It's mostly due to 4k. Still feels like a last gen game and brings back the open world fatigue.

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
Anyone saying "looks like a 360 game in higher resolution" can easily verify their claims - grab the first crackdown (which afaik is still free) which is indeed a 360 game with a higher resolution, then compare to crackdown 3. Then shut up.

Pretty much, also, this looks better than Sunset Overdrive (as it should) as well and I don't remember seeing posts like this when SO launched lol

Kenjovani

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wait. You spaz on the game, not impressed by it. But you're still going to play it on Gamepass? Then, what? Come back to the review thread and shit on it more? What I think alot of the naysayers seem to never realize is that if you go into something already expecting the worst, that's exactly what you'll get. So when you play the game (as you've already admitted that you arent impressed by it...) you're going to play it exclusively looking for flaws to back-up your already negative opinion. No game is perfect. Every game has its flaws. Just seems like Xbox games have a lot more than most and people like to run with them to the foxhole.

No skin off your teeth (like others who've done drive-by shit posts) you're not out anything. You'll play it for a beat and come to the review thread to say, "Oh, look! I found something wrong with the game, just like I knew I would."

Not putting a beacon on you exclusively, but this kind of thing happens waaaay too often to just be "Xbox games are terrible...yada, yada, yada" Again, its just exhausting.

There are many aspects to a game. I may not be impressed by its technical side but imo it looks like it might be fun which is enough for me to want to play it.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz

That's hyperbole plain and simple, but let's not kid ourselves the game isn't visually impressive. Infamous Second Son from 2014 looks more impressive. And I'd say that is fair considering this is running on a One X. I expect more from an exclusive with this much time in the oven.

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
That's hyperbole plain and simple, but let's not kid ourselves the game isn't visually impressive. Infamous Second Son from 2014 looks more impressive. And I'd say that is fair considering this is running on a One X. I expect more from an exclusive with this much time in the oven.
Disagree.

Even Infamous had a more realistic setting. Crackdown looks like Crackdown but current gen. Comic book visuals. The fact that its on the X is irrelevant. It's stays true to the look and feel of Crackdown. Why change it?

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
Looks decent and will give it a try when it launches. I think the lack of destruction is overblown. Full complete destruction seems fun idea but when everything is blown and a rubble, levels become flat, no cover to hide behind and that's when things don't get quite as fun.

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks to Gamepass i will try it. Not impressed by what i saw, but... with the cheap subscription activated it doesn't hurt to play it and see if it is fun to play it...

Ascenion

Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Disagree.

Even Infamous had a more realistic setting. Crackdown looks like Crackdown but current gen. Comic book visuals. The fact that its on the X is irrelevant. It's stays true to the look and feel of Crackdown. Why change it?

KH3 looks like KH but current gen. Darksiders 3 looks like Darksiders but current gen. Monster Hunter World looks like Monster Hunter but current gen. Crackdown 3 doesn't look last gen, but it could look a hell of a lot better and not look like a game from 2015 like it's contemporaries. All those games look and maintain the feel of their series. Crackdown's dated look has nothing to do with the artsyle me thinks.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
I expect more from an exclusive with this much time in the oven.

Guess you were wildly disappointed with how last guardian looked then, considering how long it took to be released
"time in the oven" doesnt mean anything, specially when you don't know how much of that time was spent improving looks or even being worked on the final released game at all. Crackdown doesnt look impressive but "impressive" and "looks like a last gen game" are not the only two ways a game can look

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I agree. And what I really don't get is why people are going in hard for this game, especially the visuals. Ima play the crap outta this game, but I'm damn sure ain't gonna tell MS (on this board) that this is what I want from their output.

Yea, its crisp, clean.. but nah.. it could've been done better. The animations look wack and dont look like someone is actually floating, etc. Not what I expect in this day and age. With that said, I really dont care as the first CD was a blast. As long as the multiplayer is there and there is shit to do and have fun, I'm down.

OP
OP
Klobrille

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
09.02.2019_01-31-04-zpuk5c.jpg

09.02.2019_01-31-50-vy8jmo.jpg

Ascenion

Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Guess you were wildly disappointed with how last guardian looked then, considering how long it took to be released
"time in the oven" doesnt mean anything, specially when you don't know how much of that time was spent improving looks or even being worked on the final released game at all. Crackdown doesnt look impressive but "impressive" and "looks like a last gen game" are not the only two ways a game can look

I never said it looked last gen. I said it looks like a game from 2015-16. It's clearly a current gen game. It's just not winning any awards for graphics and the art style as I said has nothing to do with it's dated look.

TLG was a last gen title. I never expected it to look like Uncharted 4 or something. I expected Crackdown to look at least as good as Darksiders 3.

Daddy JeanPi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
We don't need every game to be GOTY contenders, we just need every game to be fun. Crackdown 3 looks like a lot of fun.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
That's a clean image, even if the geometry, textures, and character animations leave a lot to be desired. It looks much better at night, though.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
That looks great!

And that cloud tech is CRAZY good looking, it's insane.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
Super excited. Crackdown 1 was such a great surprise (so glad they paired it with the Halo 3 beta). Can't wait to chase orbs again!

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I think my favorite thing about this shitty styrofoam destruction is that you can visibly see massive pieces of destroyed buildings colliding with other buildings and it having basically no effect.
Hmm that's not the experience I've had at all. It doesn't feel like styrofoam, and debris does cause damage to other buildings.

melodiousmowl

Jan 14, 2018
CT
I think my favorite thing about this shitty styrofoam destruction is that you can visibly see massive pieces of destroyed buildings colliding with other buildings and it having basically no effect.

i think it depends on the integrity of the part of the building it hits

thinking about it more it's probably designed that way so the levels don't just instantly become rubble

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Single player looks alright, really don't like the wrecking zone aesthetic and preferred the looks of the original footage over both modes.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (A day): Thread-derail. History of platform warrior posts.
The beginning of the end, right here folks! ^^

Yikes!

Give me a break. Yikes to you. The Last of Us is the best game of all time, and some of its best moments aren't "fun". They're moving and emotional moments of storytelling, character development, and world building. In the same way that a movie or TV show can be moving or impactful without necessarily being "fun" to watch .

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
Give me a break. Yikes to you. The Last of Us is the best game of all time, and some of its best moments aren't "fun". They're moving and emotional moments of storytelling, character development, and world building. In the same way that a movie or TV show can be moving or impactful without necessarily being "fun" to watch .
Whats the #1 reason people play video games to begin with? I mean, unless I've been doing it wrong - which is possible I guess.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Whats the #1 reason people play video games to begin with? I mean, unless I've been doing it wrong - which is possible I guess.

I never said most games aren't fun or that fun isn't the primary reason to play games. I said that fun isn't the ONLY reason. And there are very good moments in games and some games that are not "fun", but are still excellent experiences.

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
I never said most games aren't fun or that fun isn't the primary reason to play games. I said that fun isn't the ONLY reason. And there are very good moments in games and some games that are not "fun", but are still excellent experiences.

If Im playing a game and not having fun I turn it off. If I'm watching a movie and I'm not having fun, I turn it off. If I'm getting some "Ooh-La-La" and I'm not having fun, I let the air out of it and pack it in the closet. You dig?

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
Crackdown 3 looks legitimately fun, I hope it does well. Do we know the file size yet? It looks like a sequel to Crackdown which was a bad thing in 2010 apparently but is exactly what I want in 2019.

I played Crackdown via GWG and really liked it but never checked out the sequel. I remember being kind of sick of the game by the end but I played it non-stop and completed a fair amount of it so it was mostly burn out. It was a game I'd pop in every few months to jump off the buildings and collect some more orbs.