• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
You know I do have to wonder how this is going to work for them for the next few years when he doesn't actually do anything. Like he's way quieter than I thought he would be, even without Twitter

Get ready to be sick of seeing him again. I think this weekend is going to kick off a touring sideshow starring him that'll last up to the launch of his streaming or cable channel.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
That Odal rune stage is something else. It still shocks me at times how quickly the GOP has devolved into a literal Nazi party.

OP
OP
III-V

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
You know I do have to wonder how this is going to work for them for the next few years when he doesn't actually do anything. Like he's way quieter than I thought he would be, even without Twitter
Well, he just formed a major super-pac, and he is speaking at CPAC on Sunday. He makes a lot of calls and operates mob boss style behind the scenes.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
Good Lord, these people are basically cartoon villains. They're like sad knockoffs of the Legion of Doom, how can anyone (let alone about 40% of the country) find this appealing?

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
If anyone had a small shred of doubt about the Republican party casting off the stench of Trump and moving forward, this convention should obliterate it. They are fully embracing the absolute insanity of Trump and misinformation.

After about a month and a half of not seeing or hearing about all these people in the media or Twitter(because many of them are flat out banned) and detoxing, seeing all this information coming out and hearing them speak is actually more revolting than it was when it was a daily thing with Trump.

We cannot, CANNOT let them get into a position of power ever again.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Good Lord, these people are basically cartoon villains. They're like sad knockoffs of the Legion of Doom, how can anyone (let alone about 40% of the country) find this appealing?

Because at the end of the day these cartoon villains are seen as the frontline soldiers defending whiteness, Christianity, and "Patriots". They're the seen as the last line of defense against the "Radical Left" who want to turn YOUR children into Trans Athiest Antifa Communists.

When you're living on a 24/7 diet of Fox News and conservative talk radio, that's how you view anyone who isn't a Republican these days.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
That Odal rune stage is something else. It still shocks me at times how quickly the GOP has devolved into a literal Nazi party.

All while saying "we're not Nazis" and calling the left Nazis. While having literal goose-stepping, card-carrying Nazis in the fold.

It's frustrating how easily they two-face everything they do.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
I loathe to check myself but I want to ask, considering their programming (which is none) is this circus getting network play? Obviously when their god king shows up they will play him endlessly on loop while they masturbate, but are your run of the mill nazi nimrod's getting airtime

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
I loathe to check myself but I want to ask, considering their programming (which is none) is this circus getting network play? Obviously when their god king shows up they will play him endlessly on loop while they masturbate, but are your run of the mill nazi nimrod's getting airtime

Not on CNN or MSNBC. I have Fox News blocked so I can't see that, but I'd bet they have wall to wall coverage.

sprsk

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing is more important than owning the libs.

Flying to Cancun, is how you own the libs.
Getting covid is how you own the libs.

Whatever people care about, we are against.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
But this is America. It always has been. 40% of the country if not more, has always fallen on the wrong side of history. Just pick an era and you'll find these same kinds of people. Slavery, Civil Rights, Gay Rights.

After an issue is accepted at large by society, they just move on to the next topic of bigotry. "Oh, people now accept gay marriage? Yeah, that's fine. I never was opposed!" That can make it easier to forget what these people stand for in between the next big social divide.

Today it's Trumpism. Likely in 20 years the country will have collective amnesia as most people agree that Trumpism was a bad idea. But those same people will still be around, just waiting for the next thing they can latch on to that let's them hate on others.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
OVi9OUy.jpg

This is so ridiculous it makes me wonder if Sacha Baron Cohen is going to leap out of it as Borat and start singing.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
They've not learned a single goddamned thing. If Trump runs again how does it not destroy the country?

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
It never ceases to amaze me how some Christians hold up a man that literally has a golden idol made in his image.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
It never ceases to amaze me how some Christians hold up a man that literally has a golden idol made in his image.

It's probably a single organization. There are usually hundreds at these things. It is gross, ridiculous and hypocritical, but it's not the centerpiece of CPAC.

I know the media is making a big deal about this because it's mind blowingly tone deaf, but we should be much more worried about the hate pouring out from our elected officials more than this sideshow stuff.

Are the GOP using this imagery to scare the libs into thinking they're a murder/death cult? Or are they just a murder/death cult?
It's on a sliding scale somewhere between "this triggers the libs, which excites our base" and "we can finally celebrate who we are, Hail Hydra".

I tend to think this kind of open behavior from them is becoming normalized because of the "trigger the libs" aspect. But as it becomes normal, they realize they legitimately like it for its own sake; it is empowering to be honest and not play along with polite society.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Are the GOP using this imagery to scare the libs into thinking they're a murder/death cult? Or are they just a murder/death cult?
I mean, sitting Senators and Reps that literally had their lives threatened still voted to overturn the election results for the guy that sent their would-be murderers after them. And those same Senators and Reps exonerated them. And they were booing being told to wear a mask at CPAC.

So, they kinda are a literal murder/death cult.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
It's probably a single organization. There are usually hundreds at these things. It is gross, ridiculous and hypocritical, but it's not the centerpiece of CPAC.

I know the media is making a big deal about this because it's mind blowingly tone deaf, but we should be much more worried about the hate pouring out from our elected officials more than this sideshow stuff.

I agree.

Kasumin

Nov 19, 2017
you SHOULD NOT be able to lie like this. Rules need to be enacted so fuckers like this face consequences. This is why we are so broken. Fucking thumb heads spewing propaganda should not be allowed. That ain't free speech, it's hate speech and lies. Makes me so fucking mad man ffs

But all the smug lawyers on Twitter say that trying to regulate hate speech is a slippery slope to losing the first amendment!

...And yet the only developed nation I know of that recently had an attempted coup is the one that doesn't have any hate speech laws. Funny how that works! 😒

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
So it was announced by Nick Fuentes at his AFPAC, aka the competing conference held by actual masks off racists, that Rep Paul Gosar will be giving their keynote speech.

Yes, an actual congressman, with committee assignments, who will be speaking at CPAC earlier that day in fact, will be speaking at a white nationalist convention.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
So it was announced by Nick Fuentes at his AFPAC, aka the competing conference held by actual masks off racists, that Rep Paul Gosar will be giving their keynote speech.

Yes, an actual congressman, with committee assignments, who will be speaking at CPAC earlier that day in fact, will be speaking at a white nationalist convention.
He also apparently called in sick to do it.

OP
OP
III-V

III-V

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, and AFPAC is white supremacists convention without mincing words. Much antisemitism.

also, he speaks at CPAC today. Gosar is despicable.

lol

Last edited:

SpyGuy

Oct 30, 2017
I feel so helpless knowing that all this...essentially hate speech is going on and MANY MANY people (see millions) eat it up as FACT and continues to divide the country. And the inciters who spew all this fake nonsense will CONTINUE TO GET AWAY WITH IT and even BENEFIT FROM IT with NO CONSEQUENCES.

OP
OP
III-V

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Look it up, just look it up
LOOK IT UP!
They know people are going to look it up on Facebook and get all their beliefs reinforced.
100% the general public has no business or even knows how to begin doing "research".

Because at the end of the day these cartoon villains are seen as the frontline soldiers defending whiteness, Christianity, and "Patriots". They're the seen as the last line of defense against the "Radical Left" who want to turn YOUR children into Trans Athiest Antifa Communists.

When you're living on a 24/7 diet of Fox News and conservative talk radio, that's how you view anyone who isn't a Republican these days.
great take

I feel so helpless knowing that all this...essentially hate speech is going on and MANY MANY people (see millions) eat it up as FACT and continues to divide the country. And the inciters who spew all this fake nonsense will CONTINUE TO GET AWAY WITH IT and even BENEFIT FROM IT with NO CONSEQUENCES.
The country is irreparably divided, and I don't see a clear path forward that doesn't involve some dark times.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, and AFPAC is white supremacists convention without mincing words. Much antisemitism.

also, he speaks at CPAC today. Gosar is despicable.

lol

Blah blah politician blah blah Kevin Sorbo blah blah just randomly in there

It's so random, it doesnt get old lmao

I feel a little vindicated for thinking he was a pretty damn unconvincing Hercules

Clean shaven blonde Hercules fuuuuck outta here

OP
OP
III-V

III-V

Oct 25, 2017

I feel a little vindicated for thinking he was a pretty damn unconvincing Hercules
Honestly a little disappointed they didn't invite Gina (maybe they did) as 75% of their schtick seems to be culture wars instead of policy.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Clean shaven blonde Hercules fuuuuck outta here
Apparently Hercules was before he had a "born again" come to jesus moment and went super religious nutso, though.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Went ahead and checked out their list of speakers. Surprisingly, of note not on the list is Rick Harrison from Pawn Stars.

(That's mostly because I used to like the show until I found out he was a piece of shit Trumper)

Also not on the list, Marjorie Taylor Greene. I would assume that she's just too toxic for even CPAC. Maybe she'll find a home at the fucking mask-off actual racist convention down the street with Malkin and Fuentes.

Wow is this true? Used to love Pawn Stars but haven't seen it in ages. If this true then I will continue to not watch it. What about his son and the rest of them?