• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Most of these have all been mentioned but it's worth repeating:
- Dali from FF9
- Animal Crossing winter and rainy days
- Spyro 2's Summer Forest
- Pokémon HGSS, specifically the National Park, Goldenrod City, Olivine City, and more
- Frontier Village from Xenoblade 1, Torigoth and Leftheria from Xenoblade 2

TigerBrownie

One Winged Slayer
May 9, 2018
First one that comes to mind is Traverse Town. Feels like a cozy night out. Music probably has a lot to do with it.

Deleted member 22070

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
FEZ and Secret of Mana mainly for me, but also because they're both very tied to a feeling of nostalgia (which I often associate with cozy).

And lately Read Dead Redemption 2 has that covered handesomely as well.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Long-haul highway driving in ETS2/ATS with the rain echoing off the roof of my cab and my favorite chill internet radio stream playing.

No_Face

Dec 18, 2017
Brigerbad, Switzerland
For me it's Skyrim, when you enter Riverwood for the first time.

latest

That place is just oozing with comfort and cozyness. The Soundtrack, the sound of the river, of the mill, the sound of the blacksmith hammering on his anvil. The Beautiful forest, the snow covered peaks, the northern ruins you can see off in the distance… Such an atmospheric world Bethesda has crafted. I hope they can deliver that same feeling with TES VI, I really do.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
I agree completely. They may be brutally difficult games at times, but still manage to have a cozy atmosphere a lot of the time. Yuzo Koshiro's music really makes all the difference.
Even the title screens for the games really set the tone. I love the animation in EO3 when you let it idle for a minute.

Most of the other games which came to mind have already been mentioned by now.
Took this screenshot the other day and it'd have been the best screenshot I ever took if the floor wasn't clipping through the boat
That's easily fixed:
skyrim-fixed-i8jl5.jpg

OP
OP
CannonFodder52
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Attack of the Friday Monsters, an amazing game that makes you feel nostalgia for a childhood you never even had.
Made by the My Summer Vacation people and released on the 3DS, I'd kill for a Switch port.
Cmon Level 5, port it and the other Guild games!

rvNJnBH.jpg
This is one I really want to play, alongside the My Summer Vacation games.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Twilight Town from KH2's intro.

I say the intro because they use a different theme when you play as Sora. With Roxas, you get this theme:

Incredible song, so comfy and relaxing. Fits the mood completely of a town seeped in sunset. Ugh its too good.

Rainy days in Anmal Crossing are alo up there for me. Can't wait for NH. HD AC on the big screen, lights dimmed down, can't wait.

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely Tarrey Town.

Everything from the quest that leads to this town, how you have so much impact over it, the music, the eventual inhabitants. Ultimate cozy vibes.

Speaking of the OST. One thing I love is that the OST evolves with different instruments being added to it as each inhabitant arrives to the little village.

A good mood.

Dark Mantonio

Nov 1, 2017
I'll go with Hateno Village in BOTW. It was the first settlement I found & it felt like home. Buying a house there just cemented it.

thz5xvcsrbc010hj09.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Some of the inns/taverns in the Witcher 3, especially when you come in out of a rainy night and you can see the rain and dark and the lightning through the windows.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Cainhurst-Castle.jpg

Bloodborne. Cainhurst just screams "cozy" from top to bottom. You'll never want to leave, OP

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Pillars of Eternity

Gets you straight in the mood with its narration and building your character, and the score warm lighting of the camp immediately overwhelms with cozy but anxious atmosphere to begin the story

dosh

Oct 25, 2017
Clemens Point, from Red Dead Redemption 2.

I really loved that place: beautiful grass, big trees, a lake full of fishes, and the feeling that maybe, just maybe, things are going to be alright.
Narrator: They're not.

jaagqp83k3n21.jpg

o9f33jsp3aw21.jpg

Mobius 1

Oct 27, 2017
North Point, Osean Federation
Most recently Hateno Village from BOTW. I genuinely thought to myself "if a place like this existed I'd like to retire there".

Vagrant Story's workshops are my second choice. Visually comforting and splendid music.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
No Ace Attorney yet, six pages in!?

321171.jpg

That game has the most indescribable "home-y" atmosphere to its lighter moments, a similar feeling to watching a lighthearted Christmas movie like Home Alone. Like a world that doesn't know the terrible things and only has to worry about low-stakes problems. Which is really ironic, considering every actual trial in the game is a murder case.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Oblivion is way more cozy than Skyrim imo. Skyrim is bleak as hell in comparison.

Totally agree with RDR2, at least early in the game when. Listening to your gang members play music and tell stories by the fire is amazing.

ClydeBonFrog

Apr 17, 2018
Calinca (Yosyonke City) Megaman Legends 2

It always makes me think of January and playing outside in the snow. Especially the battle music for some reason lol
com.abarbazi.Megaman2_75e6d632-4a64-436d-b135-26dcfaf4282d.png

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
Grizzly Hills from WOW WOTLK. A cup of joe and some steady leveling COZY VIBES