• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that there are high ranking politicians in multiple countries (US, Spain, Mexico, Brasil, Italy, etc) that minimized the virus and allowed mass gatherings to happen, will never face justice for their actions does make me think there is something wrong with the way we handle accountability in our countries.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be really demoralizing when Trump gets about 50% of the vote in November when you think about every damn thing he has done, said, and changed about this country.

Oct 27, 2017
When will anyone ever be held accountable for the pathetic response to Hurricane Maria?

This administration's response to disasters has been negligent from top to bottom from start to finish.

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think mistrust about china will definitely grow with severe impacts in how the rest of the world trades with them.

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The truth of the matter is, if your country's government waited until March to start adequately implementing test-and-trace policies domestically, and/or failed to do so at international entry points in February, you can't really blame anybody but your own leaders.

countries that responded in time always get left out of these conversations and we have to ask ourselves why some responded timely and why others ignored until it was too late.

SmokeMaxX

Oct 25, 2017
Find a reasonably sized country that hasn't imported AND exported COVID19. China hasn't done a lot of great shit, but the fact that COVID19 got out isn't their fault. You shouldn't let ethnocentrism and/or racism cloud your judgment on this. Can you blame them for it originating there? I mean, not really. It's not like they created it. Anywhere you have animals, you can potentially have animal -> person transmission leading to a pandemic. The selling of illegal animals and their meat should definitely go, but that's for a variety of issues. I'm for additional regulation of wet markets, but much of those are poor people doing what it takes to survive and I have sympathy for that. In addition, I'm sure China spent some time trying to figure out what's going on. Hell, after we KNEW what was going on, the US government (including the President) said it was basically just "the flu."

Not to say there isn't a variety of things that you can shit on China for, but just because they did bad things elsewhere doesn't mean you can blame them for everything- and especially not when Trump is trying to deflect blame for his stupidity.

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
If we force the issue, unlike after 2008, yes, they can be held accountable.

It's up to us to do the collective action required, however ugly that might have to be.

As for China... their response was objectively better than ours, with the coverup occurring on the local level and the response being incredibly decisive and swift afterwards. Americans who are more concerned with them at a time when our federal government, and many of our state governments, have been in full-blown denial of the scale of what's obviously unfolding in front of us daily... is absurd.

The call is coming from inside the house. We need to hold ourselves to account and push for saving our own fucking lives from our openly terrible leadership RIGHT NOW. Get back to shitposting about the evil CCP when it's postmortem time.

Last edited:

lake

Oct 27, 2017
FOX NEWS IS ON THAT SPIN CYCLE!!!
My 70 y.o. mom told me she doesn't believe anything in the "mainstream media," and, with a hint of pride, said that includes Fox News.

Where does she get so well-informed, then? She enthusiastically recommends something called the X22 Report. Btw, she believes one of the most serious problems facing our nation today is satanic child sacrifice.

Can't make this up. Many of our elderly parents lost their fucking ability to discern fantasy from reality and doesn't even have the decency to be act embarrassed about it. Wonder if this qualifies as a Dunning-Kruger effect.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
My 70 y.o. mom told me she doesn't believe anything in the "mainstream media," and, with a hint of pride, said that includes Fox News.

Where does she get so well-informed, then? She enthusiastically recommends something called the X22 Report. Btw, she believes one of the most serious problems facing our nation today is satanic child sacrifice.

Can't make this up. Many of our elderly parents lost their fucking ability to discern fantasy from reality and doesn't even have the decency to be act embarrassed about it. Wonder if this qualifies as a Dunning-Kruger effect.
I'm not even going to search for that to give them a search hit.

I wish YouTube and all the other social media spaces weren't full of idiots who don't believe in "censorship" because of (ad) revenue.

Darkgran

Oct 27, 2017
Nope and after this is all over the rich will get richer and the poor people will still suffer.

MajesticSoup

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
I think its pretty obvious now why the WHO has been so hesitant to recommend travel restrictions, especially to and from china. This along with the WHOs insistance to not call the pandemic by its viral name. SARS.
"We've already talked about China." What a despicable organization. This is the same doctor, who happens to be canadian(lol), put in charge of verifying chinas case numbers and telling the rest of the world...

Last edited:

Easy Rider

Nov 2, 2017
I think its pretty obvious now why the WHO has been so hesitant to recommend travel restrictions, especially to and from china. This along with the WHOs insistance to not call the pandemic by its viral name. SARS.
"We've already talked about China." What a despicable organization. This is the same doctor, who happens to be canadian(lol), put in charge of verifying chinas case numbers and telling the rest of the world...

Came to post this. These are the guys saying China did a commendable job and their data was reliable.

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
In the short term? Probably not. We'll probably get a congressional investigation and report like the 9/11 Commission did. The best we can hope for is that in like 20 or 30 years we can MAYBE prosecute those fuckers old enough to still be alive along with the war criminals from Bush Jr's regime like they do to war criminals in the Hague, but I seriously doubt that will ever happen.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
China will never escape blame for this. It's ingrained.

It's deserved, but as a citizen in the US, UK, EU, etc. It should have never of came to it in the first place if we had competent governments.

What we should focus on is our own country's faults foremost. The fact that it took months for any serious response, 2 months after it became an issue in China. We weren't developing our own tests(ala Taiwan, SK), we weren't screening passengers from China(ala Taiwan, SK), we weren't instituting quarantine from the start(ala Taiwan, SK). Want to know how bad the West fail? HK is in better shape than the majority of the Western nations. The West got lazy, cared more about capitalism, thought it would never happen to them, ma freedoms! etc. Basically we need to change our modus operandi from this could happen again, to this will happen again.

Last edited:

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

lol fuck them. motherfuckers.

Honestly fuck anyone that defends China, I've seen plenty of them around here trying to sweep their responsibility under the rug. Next time I see them I'll be putting them on ignore, stat.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017

The WHO has praised both Xi and Trump's response to this crisis. This alone tells you how spineless they are.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
Internationally the CCP needs to take responsibility for it and WHO needs either a rework or a purge of top people.
Domestically most leaders responses were terrible along with huge companies, and they should be removed.
Realistically poor people in Wuhan and the world will take it all.