• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
That's a shame. I was singing The Gambler to myself earlier as I made dinner.

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
RIP. Maybe tangentially related, but depressing and sobering to think how many we could lose this year.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I have fond memories of eating at Roasters when I was a kid in Illinois with my family. It was one of my favorite places to eat. RIP

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Rest in peace. Danger zone.
3758.jpg

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
RIP, Kenny.

I never listened to his music much (country was never really my genre), but as a child of the 80's, I was oh so familiar with him and his popularity, and he was almost always popping up on tv in some way or another. I mainly remember him and Dolly Parton regularly pairing up and they always had good chemistry.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Damn, that's unfortunate. For some reason this was the first thing that popped into my head

Oct 27, 2017
My brother invited him to his sixth birthday party. He "couldn't make it" but sent a letter and signed pic back.

He was a big deal, once...TV movies, too. In later years his act was him in a purple blazer handing out $20's to the audience, and his hits were condensed to a medley. Too bad. But, will always have memories of the music.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only the power of Kenny could bring ERA together over a most likely republican Boomer country music star.
Is that "guys who look like Kenny Rogers" website still up?

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Rest in peace, gambler. Ruby is still one of my favorite 60s folk songs ever. His pre-country career with The First Edition was his best imo.

Tu101uk

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
Man, Kenny Rogers had such universal appeal. I loved his repertoir of song types, from upbeat to downtrodden, from light-hearted romance to full blooded ballad. I loved his music told stories as well, from forbidden love and one night stands to someone gathering courage and even an elderly gambler (which may just be a common thing with country and western genre, which as a Brit I'm not well-versed in).

RIP Mr Rogers. In these troubled times his music is probably great to listen to. Here are a couple of personal favourites.