• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State
Really interesting video for all those counting calories.

Cliff notes! But please, watch the video! (Thanks AH)

Cliff notes

• She is a pro ballerina
  • The video is about her daily routine of training and diet
  • She listened to Taylor swift and foam rolls in the morning
  • She eats a calorie deficit of 250 cals which comes to 1604calories
  • She eats foods which are less calorie dence so she can eat more volume.
  • She performs best at 114lbs

Last edited:

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not watching a 17 minute video, you want to give us the main points?

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No? It's an intersting video on calorie counting for different sizes and activity level, watch or don't.

Counting calories was the absolute KEY to me losing 100+ pounds. Everything else is icing on the cake. I'll definitely be giving this a watch.

Lmao, 17 minutes is a long video now? Come on now.

I'm procrastinating in the office, and unless there's some big revelation in here I know how to count calories and make a good estimate of what my work and workouts burn.

Just posting a link to a vid with no commentary is pretty lazy, you aren't going to burn many calories that way.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
This really illustrates how easy it would be to overeat if you don't have a handle on calorie dense food. It's so easy to do well all day and then blow it on dressing, sweets or alcohol.

I'm also surprised at how healthy the dancers generally look, especially compared to super models. They're lean and wiry rather than anorexic and bony.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
It makes sense she's a professional dancer. I could not stand calorie counting myself. I just exercise a lot lol.

BannedEpisode

Oct 28, 2017
I realized eventually that I could no longer just exercise a lot and eat whatever I wanted and lose weight. When I started counting calories and actually keep real track of it I started losing weight really quickly.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm procrastinating in the office, and unless there's some big revelation in here I know how to count calories and make a good estimate of what my work and workouts burn.

Just posting a link to a vid with no commentary is pretty lazy, you aren't going to burn many calories that way.

Next time, maybe say "Hey, I don't have time to watch this video right now, could anyone type me a summary? I'd appreciate it."

Your posts in this thread have pretty much made you look like a total asshole. And if you already are comfortable with your routine, maybe this video isn't for you? Yeesh.

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Next time, maybe say "Hey, I don't have time to watch this video right now, could anyone type me a summary? I'd appreciate it."

Your posts in this thread have pretty much made you look like a total asshole. And if you already are comfortable with your routine, maybe this video isn't for you? Yeesh.

I wasn't talking to you, was I mate?

Also, never said I wasn't an arsehole.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
I just realized that a whole day's worth of food for her is just one meal for me. Ignorance is bliss.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I mean he isn't wrong. Just posting a video with nothing else isn't really conducive to much, including making anyone watch it.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
At the end of the day, calories are going to be one of the biggest signifiers to if you're over eating or not... but there is no doubt, it's easier to count things like carbs, especially when so many of your calories can come from them (especially empty ones).

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
"I am 115 & 1/2 lbs, and I feel that I dance my strongest at 114 lbs."

That stuck out to me. One day I want to reach a point of technical proficiency at a sport where I can feel such a granular difference of weight affecting my performance, like she does. That's cool.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"I am 115 & 1/2 lbs, and I feel that I dance my strongest at 114 lbs."

That stuck out to me. One day I want to reach a point of technical proficiency at a sport where I can feel such a granular difference of weight affecting my performance, like she does. That's cool.

That is pretty cool yeah. I hadn't thought about it until you mentioned it. But when your body is literally your instrument, every pound must be so meaningful.

Deleted member 17658

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love how she can have a casual conversation about food while siting down with her legs are in the splits.

scrambledeggs

Apr 25, 2018
Can confirm that counting calories can be an effective method for weight loss! I did it last year and lost close to 15 pounds in few months. Around the same time, I also made the switch from big plates to smaller bowls, started chewing slowly, and began distinguishing between true hunger and appetite. It was rough at first (and as a lady, I've got a monthly visitor that throws a wrench at the plans lmao), but I managed just fine and eventually made a habit out of it.

Deleted member 17658

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty good video. Already learned about calorie counting last year so didn't learn anything new but a well put together video on calorie counting presented in a pretty unique way. Recommend this to anyone who isn't counting calories or know little about it.

EchoChamber

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't have time for counting calories I have enough numbers in my life .
Edit: I will watch the video tomorrow.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it really can't be stated often enough that calorie counting is how you do it. Like, there are no magic secrets to weight loss: you just eat the right number of calories and the weight comes off or goes on. The part where she says she's going to eat at this exact calorie deficit and know she's going to lose the weight she wants to lose in three weeks is spot on.

People still won't do it, though. They'll slave away for years doing exercise they hate, losing a little weight, putting it back on, throwing money at snake oil miracle cures and never getting anywhere, but you suggest counting calories as a 100% guaranteed, foolproof method and, oh no, that's too hard ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
No? It's an intersting video on calorie counting for different sizes and activity level, watch or don't.
Sorry but I have to call out this attitude. I'm sure it's a very interesting video but it's pretty bad fucking form on any board to just drop a thread with a hyperlink and no content or commentary of your own. We may as well be some random clickbait aggregate site. How about explaining why it's interesting for those counting calories? Thanks.

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry but I have to call out this attitude. I'm sure it's a very interesting video but it's pretty bad fucking form on any board to just drop a thread with a hyperlink and no content or commentary of your own. We may as well be some random clickbait aggregate site. How about explaining why it's interesting for those counting calories? Thanks.

I'm basically in this camp. Don't see the big deal in asking why you should use 17 mins to watch a video.

Feb 10, 2018
Cliff notes

• She is a pro ballerina

Deleted member 20284

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
She is so close to a Keto or Paleo style diet with a ton of working out everyday. I'd love half my day as a physical job and the rest a desk job. I'll never find that balance completely but perhaps I can push far enough to gain back half or 1/3 of my day, especially when kids are older and more autonomous. Of course they eat quite a bit, they're working out daily for extended periods.

It's nice to see a video about day in and day out eating and balancing. I have the eating down, mostly the exercise too but my problem areas remain with alcohol at night and what I choose to eat late at night. It's just my end of day/night routine and my last vice to beat.

I find it interesting skinny people also have poor eating habits, to an extent. Friends of mine, like the ballerina, can eat like crap but still smoke cigarettes and remain thin. They have no cardio, strength or stamina by comparison but I don't care about my "weight number" per se, I'm just after a trim stomach these days.

Originally I used the LifeSum app to track calories but in recent times I'm just more aware of have I been on track or not with eating or exercise etc.

Alice

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
So basically we have "Hey you dudes, eat veggies and you can eat a ton of food every day!"?

That's basic nutritional knowledge, and something I always tell people who begin with weight loss.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Cliff notes

• She is a pro ballerina

She's also counting her exercise (like 800 that day), so she's eating over 2000 calories.

She is so close to a Keto or Paleo style diet with a ton of working out everyday.

She makes a point to say she doesn't exclude or restrict any food group.

Biggersmaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minneapolis
I've been on the one-meal-per-day routine. Went from 218 to 199 in 3 months. I would lose more weight if I ate a little better for my one meal. I didn't think it would be a sustainable lifestyle, but I'm really getting used to it.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Yes counting calories is an incredibly simple way to lose/maintain weight. Especially with all the apps available.

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
That is pretty cool yeah. I hadn't thought about it until you mentioned it. But when your body is literally your instrument, every pound must be so meaningful.

My entire family does ballet bar (cough) me, but I get the same thing with cycling. We often talk about the middle-aged guys spending hundreds of dollars to shave weight on their bikes when they could lose 5lbs of non-muscle and get far more benefit.