• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Used to pull it when I was younger and playing video games through the night. Then in the military you'll arbitrarily have to go without sleep for over 24 hours. During that I started talking to the walls...now if I try it I feel that sense of doom like I am actually going to die.

Its actually a big issue in the U.S. Army since they sometimes expect people to do their usual shit during the day after that, let alone drive home. Poor guy recently ran over a bunch of trainees and went to jail after pulling that kind of shift. They don't realize its as bad or worse than being drunk behind the wheel.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If I had to I would, but it has been a very long time.

rafiki

Alt account
Banned
May 18, 2019
Rarely, but I can definitely pull it off if I have to get something done. I can only focus when everyone is sleeping

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I've got sleep issues so do it all the time accidently.

In terms of partying all night, yes but I pay for it harshly these days. So harshly that I try to avoid doing it more than once or twice a month.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
Work from 12:30pm-9:00pm M-F and typically go to sleep arounf 5 or 6am. Occasionally I won't be able to fall asleep and will just end up staying up till work the next day. It always sucks. I only ever get around 5 or 6 hours of sleep a night.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
43 and I actively want to avoid them but some projects I outsource and the time differences to some countries and projects on the go demand it sometimes. Clients during the day, developers at night and me stuck in the middle. It's not fun but doable, the next day is a day off or quarter/half day to catch up. The life of your own company but I have the flexibility to make schedule changes when/where ever I choose.

It helps I naturally only sleep 5-6 hours a night anyway.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yup, and I do, both partying and for whatever purpose. It's really not that hard, you just have to want to do it.

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
30 years old it and it still happens regularly when I got a lot of work. A 24-hour "run" will happen at least once a month. I'll be doing 30-40 hour run every few months. It's definitely getting harder though. In my teens I was able to pull off something like 90-100 hours.

Edit: If all nighters mean staying up all night and then sleeping during the morning, then I do this almost every day.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
I still manage to power through Extra Life annually in my 30s with little more than a red bull or two, so yeah. I can handle it.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
shut the FUCK UP AND LET ME SLEEEEEEEPPPPPPP

...no my college days are behind me and I'd hate to pull an all nighter now. D:

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
All night drinking, or working? I sometimes pull all nighters when I go drinking downtown. Don't like to do them anymore, but I can still do it.

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
What are we defining as an all-nighter? Staying up 24 hours straight? I probably stay up 22+ hours at least once a week. That's nothing even in my 30s. Doing 48 hours on 3-4 hours of sleep is still doable even if it sucks. Changing sleep cycles multiple times in a week is way worse than just staying up a long time straight because I will get times when my body will sometimes straight up refuse to sleep even when I cut out a good block of time to do it.

Master Of Illusion

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
I work nights, so technically speaking all the time.

I would rather not be awake more than 18 hrs at a time if I had to choose, but I can pull of like 35-ish with no sleep (not that I've been in any situation lately that warrents it though).

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Im 26 - I've found that I'm very good at staying up all night to study and acing a test the next day, but very bad at doing anything after taking the test.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I stay up for 24 hours pretty regularly on the weekends but I always end up falling asleep during the day. You gotta go a full 36-hours to reset everything, and that I cannot do.

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
I'll be 40 in August and could with a little prep and some soda for the caffeine. I'd have to hit the sheets early the next day, but I could do it.

JetSetSoul

Oct 28, 2017
I have too many crucial roles in life I have to show up for. Somedays I miss it. But not paying for it for two days.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
26 and no, by choice.

I can do long hours at work into the late PMs but I know how passive aggressive I get when I'm on lack of sleep to avoid it.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Yeah. I don't on a regular basis but there's no reason for me to. I think I pulled a nearly all nighter a couple weeks ago because I didn't want to wake up in the morning because of something work-related, so instead of going to bed I slept to put that off.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
I can but don't feel the need to. Like occasionally we go out and will stay up until 5, 6 at someone's house after a night out just continuing to get fucked up but all it does is fuck up the next day which is usually a weekend day. I'd rather be up at 11 on a Saturday or Sunday to do stuff early (I.e. start drinking) than go to sleep when the sun is up and not be able to make it up until like 1 or whatever.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
I try not to go over much longer than 24 hours anymore. Once did well over 48, with much hangover, then decided to do 2 small shrooms on NYE thinking I could handle it... Nah, ended up having a 10 second seizure right when the shrooms started to hit. My brain literally restarted like a PC, body convulsed - lol scared my tripping friends sober and lesson learned. I felt amazing afterward tho, so I guess my body handled that the best way it could.

Point of the story is, get your sleep. Your body needs it.

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck no. I'm 37 and one night in Feb. I got home at 3am and felt like shit for two days straight so I can't imagine what an all nighter would do to me at my age.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I can't anymore. Used to pull some 36 hr days before exams in undergrad. I wish I could do that in med school. Completely lost that skill.