• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Would you watch 7 8 9 Lucas edition ?

• Yes, I want to see the intended full story

Votes: 83 36.1%
  • Yes, the meme potential would be beyond anything man can understand and change life as we know it

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • No, let the past die

Votes: 107 46.5%

• Total voters

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't mind just having a full out line of his version, but I don't think it would've changed things so dramatically that it makes the ST a slam dunk.

The Skywalker Saga ends in Return of the Jedi, stretching the story longer after that point simply just weakens the rest of the narrative and is just going through the motions for the sake of milking more money.

A story has a natural momentum and for the Skywalker saga that momentum ended in ROTJ with the death/redemption of Anakin Skywalker at the hands of his son. That's the natural peak/emotional high of the story and you can't really top that.

You don't have anything nearly as compelling to go back to the well for after that so in a sense there was always going to be a let down.

The whole "well what if one of the Skywalker kids was also an asshole and now we have to redeem him too" thing was always going to feel like a watered down rehash in the end.

Jordan117

Oct 27, 2017
Alabammy
I'd definitely be interested, but it shouldn't be done by Lucas. Something more like the animated series, streamlined and with a bit more knowing humor.

OP
OP
Slaythe

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
They made an entire movie to appease them, and it sucked.

I'm not going to say Mandalorian is that, but Episode IX absolutely is a "You were right" to the guys harrasing KMT and the likes.

What I'm saying is, they really have not an ounce of the backbone George had to pursue his vision.

Dude "we want skywalkers to matter and luke not to suck" they had ben solo being yeeted into a pit and not fighting then die like a dog, and luke lost to leia at the peak of his power in a random unearned flashback. Whatever you think they did, it's not to please people that were not happy.

The reality is that JJ doesn't actually like Rian, you can see how Rian crossed JJ's name off the millenium falcon to write his name instead. And JJ crossed Rian's name to rewrite his. It's petty garbage from a director who had no idea what he was doing and also the scope of people hating TLJ reaches far beyond the shitty nerds on youtube so he probably got the OKAY from disney.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
I'm fine if they redid 9 in animation and did a proper conclusion. Outside of little details, I thought 7 & 8 were supposed to be similar to what George envisioned?

OP
OP
Slaythe

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
oh

can we close the thread now?

If you like somebody you probably don't spend every second retconning every single plot point of his film while proclaiming you're honoring said film in PR talks.
It respected absolutely nothing, it felt pretty embarrassing to see that unfold.

Anyway, off topic. And you're free to leave bb.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If you like somebody you probably don't spend every second retconning every single plot point of his film while proclaiming you're honoring said film in PR talks.
It respected absolutely nothing, it felt pretty embarrassing to see that unfold.

people already told you why he did that, but you dismissed because "not all star wars fans" shit

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The prequel trilogy would be remade before the sequel trilogy. Eitherway none are going to happen.

OP
OP
Slaythe

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
The prequel trilogy would be remade before the sequel trilogy. Eitherway none are going to happen.

The prequels and everything that came with it are the literal foundation of modern star wars so they have basically 0 room to maneuver besides improving script and adding missing scenes.

The sequels are trash fire that can't be salvaged with this conclusion unless they literally retcon several things. They have the luxury of having very little, universe wise, depending on them.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The prequels and everything that came with it are the literal foundation of modern star wars so they have basically 0 room to maneuver besides improving script and adding missing scenes.

The sequels are trash fire that can't be salvaged with this conclusion unless they literally retcon several things. They have the luxury of having very little, universe wise, depending on them.

The sequel trilogy was overall better recieved critically and all 3 were billion dollar successes. If anything is the foundation of the franchise it is the original trilogy.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
This thread is already going places I couldn't imagine. I should've brought popcorn.

I mean, just imagine thinking you wouldn't be able to redo the PT (regardless of the fact they never will), or that TLJ and TROS are the results of directors hating each other :'-)

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This thread is already going places I couldn't imagine. I should've brought popcorn.

I mean, just imagine thinking you wouldn't be able to redo the PT (regardless of the fact they never will), or that TLJ and TROS are the results of directors hating each other :'-)

could be figured out from the OP having a exact fucking scene from TLJ, and implying is somehow, better or more interesting. lol

OP
OP
Slaythe

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
could be figured out from the OP having a exact fucking scene from TLJ, and implying is somehow, better or more interesting. lol

I did that ? Pretty sure I didn't even mention TLJ in the OP ?

Also when I say the sequels I don't mean anything against TLJ, I mean that because of TROS TLJ lead to jack shit so yeah it's part of a failed trilogy with an awful conclusion.
I only clarified above that there are many people that disliked it that are completely separate from the dumb youtubers waging war on lucasfilm.

Chumunga64

Banned
Jun 22, 2018
I'd be interested in seeing his vision. I stopped paying attention to new Star Wars in 2012. Really dislike disney and try to avoid supporting them. I liked when the franchise was the spawn of this crazy dude who combined his love for vintage sci fi serials with samurai movies. Disney is a souless corporate behemoth that's only goal is to milk the franchise dry.

this has to be like a parody comment, right?

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
I think we're more likely to see Colin Trevorrow's Episode IX as an animated CGI movie than George Lucas' original planned sequel trilogy.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
I'd rather meme a justice for John Boyega cut of the existing movies like Ray Fisher got with the Snyder cut.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017

This is baseless nonsense. Stop. There is zero ground to say that JJ Abrams dislikes Rian Johnson.

Oct 27, 2017
this has to be like a parody comment, right?
I'm being serious. I have long disliked disney and when they bought it and gave jj abrams in charge of the new movie I checked out of the franchise forever. Abrams dragged Star Trek through the mud (a franchise I care more about). I like both the Original and Prequel Trilogies. The prequels aren't as good, but they're a great set of films. I don't care that some other people don't like them.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
They should remake it so that when Kylo Ren removes his mask it's actually General Grievous.

Feb 13, 2018
Japan
Are we talking about Lucas's idea for a trilogy that's not long after Return of the Jedi with Maul being the main villain and Leia being the true chosen one? Or the version that TFA was very loosely based on and was going to "explore the microbiotic world?"
I guess I'd like to see either one of them the same way I'd like to see any version Duel of the Fates. But if Lucasfilm going to use their resources to make a high quality CG film I want them to make something new, original, and, y'know, actually good.

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
But then we'd have two shitty sequel trilogies instead of just one. Is that really a net positive?

Chumunga64

Banned
Jun 22, 2018
I'm being serious. I have long disliked disney and when they bought it and gave jj abrams in charge of the new movie I checked out of the franchise forever. Abrams dragged Star Trek through the mud (a franchise I care more about). I like both the Original and Prequel Trilogies. The prequels aren't as good, but they're a great set of films. I don't care that some other people don't like them.

Star wars codified merchandise driven franchise. That's why your original comment was hilarious

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
Star Wars from movie one was setup to sell tons of toys. Most art has been done for profit, execution determines how good it is.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
No but we could probably meme the Trevarrow version of episode 9 into existence

#ReleaseTheTrevarrowCut

Oct 27, 2017
Star Wars from movie one was setup to sell tons of toys. Most art has been done for profit, execution determines how good it is.
I don't really mind or object to an individual creator profiting of their own creation. George deserved the success. Im just not into the disney method of "endless movies and tv till it dies". disney was planning on having a movie a year until that crashed and burned, now they've announced like a dozen different tv shows for their streaming service. George never spammed shit out like this. There were some animated shows made around the movies, but in 35ish years he made 6 films. There would have been many more made in that time if profit was the only concern.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I thought Leia was meant to be the chosen one in Lucas' sequel idea, and sadly Carrie died years ago. I don't really want to watch an animated version with a voice over impersonation.
Actually Luke's sister was.

Yes this is confusing because until Return of the Jedi, Leia was not intended to be Luke's sister.

She was a different character all together. When Lucas decided he wasn't going to follow up Episode 6 he merged the two characters since he had already set up the sister in Episode 5.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No. It's done. People should stop trying to make companies do what they want. We're not entitled to that. If you don't like it, justiça forget about it.

Xin_Eohp

Apr 28, 2018
They should let Filoni remake the prequels into animated movies to be more in line with TCW instead way before that.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i don't think he would have sold star wars off if he had any cogent ideas left. enough to be passionate about anyway