• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess it could work if Mace was picked up and hidden away by Jedi sympathizers. He was in pretty bad shape, I can't see him making a comeback to fight the emperor on his own.
he got his arm cut iff and got one forcelightning shot. yoda and luke got a force lightning shot but could fight. Luke and Anakin both survived limbs being cut iff. He is fine unless he died from the fall.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
he got his arm cut iff and got one forcelightning shot. yoda and luke got a force lightning shot but could fight. Luke and Anakin both survived limbs being cut iff. He is fine unless he died from the fall.

I guess so, I somehow remember both of his hands getting cut off but I suppose that was Christopher Lee's character not Mace. At this point it's better if he stays dead to avoid shitting up the canon even more than it already has been.

Heroicpiglet

Avenger
Dec 22, 2017
I mean OP, you don't need to come up with reasons for Mace Windu coming back
just "somehow, Mace returned" is enough

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They poked fun at Windu's fall in The Clone Wars when he literally drops a similar distance completely fine. If they said tomorrow that Sam Jackson will be in the Kenobi show because he didn't die in Revenge of the Sith and that, upon recovering from his wounds, he went after Palpatine again and ended up facing off against, and getting killed by, Vader?

That'd be fine by me. They brought Boba Fett back and it worked, so bringing Mace Windu back would hardly be an issue.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
I've accepted being an internet person that I would get spoiled a lot sadly, but damn, dudes, y'all can't discuss in the mega thread while us latecomers can enjoy a surprise?

I thought this was gonna be about some new show they announced. Nope, Mando spoilers lol.
It's not actually a spoiler. Although there are some other ones in this thread unfortunately.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
Why can't characters just stay dead?

It wasn't done well but Anakin defending Sheev from Windu was meant to be an important moment, there was a fatal consequence to his decision. Then again if they are willing to shred the story of ROTJ by saying that Sheev never died they clearly don't give a shit.

If Mace Windu weren't Sam Jackson with a purple lightsaber, nobody would want to see him again. He was a cruel and arrogant character who deserved what he got.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
I mean, sure. Just retcon it that oh fuck Mace Windu can Force Fly! For all the other force powers Force Flying seems pretty damn trivial. Retcon the shit out of everything, nobody dies, we've already gone way too far down that path. Fuck it bring back Obiwan, Luke, Quigon and Yoda I say. Force Respawn, why not?

Vyse

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, sure. Just retcon it that oh fuck Mace Windu can Force Fly! For all the other force powers Force Flying seems pretty damn trivial. Retcon the shit out of everything, nobody dies, we've already gone way too far down that path. Fuck it bring back Obiwan, Luke, Quigon and Yoda I say. Force Respawn, why not?
Force Respawn was always something heavily implied with the lingering presence of characters and the properties of the force, it made perfect sense for those characters to make a physical return.
-Star Wars fans 2035

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Kind of wish Lucas had Anakin impale Windu with his saber like the game did, bringing back all these dead characters is making Star Wars Dragon Ball Z.
Windu dying is a big point of Anakin turning, because he believed he had no choice now.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Force Respawn was always something heavily implied with the lingering presence of characters and the properties of the force, it made perfect sense for those characters to make a physical return.
-Star Wars fans 2035
Star Wars X. A new Jedi appears, and it is old Anakin Skywalker having survived the previous 9 movies, saying how sorry it is his kids are gone.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Am I losing it? People keep mentioning Mando and I have no clue what that connection is. Is this a meme? If not someone let me know what the hell is going on.

Also Mace's fanatic ass needs to stay dead. There's not a more perfect analogy for the failings of the Jedi Order than their true believer being killed by Sheev. The idea that Mace of all people would be "grey" is silly.

Sidebuster

Oct 26, 2017
California
They need to bring him back as a /side character.

His story would be something like, he survived but might as well been dead as he struggled to live with himself as he reflected on his arrogance and mistakes. He doesn't even blame Anakin for turning into Vader but himself. He pretty much puts the blame all on himself.

He's on some planet in hiding similar to Yoda but the planet is more populated.

The story goes more like Lord of the Rings but with a reluctant at first old wizard who eventually dies and hands the reins to somebody younger.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I'm not sure why people are saying this is a spoiler. Mace Windu isn't on The Mandalorian and there's been nothing to suggest he's going to appear iirc.
Yeah I'm confused by this too. The mandalorian has been one of the easiest shows to spoil in awhile with images and headlines on front pages of sites as soon as the show comes out Friday.

This is just a fun speculation thread

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
Are we sure Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru are really dead? Maybe they were secretly ex-republic super spies who faked their deaths and went on a mini series worth of wacky adventure?

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Anakin and Luke never received an unlimited power force lightning which is the equivalent to a 10 x kaio-ken kamehameha, so of course they could survive.

tenor.gif

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are we sure Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru are really dead? Maybe they were secretly ex-republic super spies who faked their deaths and went on a mini series worth of wacky adventure?

Maybe they have a son that got bitten by a radioactive womprat and he's growing up on Mos Eisley, fighting crime as Wompratman, as he tries to find out the truth of what happened to his parents.

Sep 20, 2018
If Maul can survive for BS reasons and then from that turned into a better character they can do the same with Mace.

It always rubs me the wrong way though that, at least from my outside perspective/what fans have told me, Filoni used the one black character as the embodiment of all the Jedi's failings and felt he had to make him look shitty to prop up his own character and Anakin (the whole trial arc).

Mace in the films comes off as someone who really does believe the Jedi can do good but is overly cautious/pragmatic- he doesn't want to risk bringing Anakin in to begin with and throughout he is understandably wary of trusting him. And killing Palpy is another pragmatic move that does somewhat clash with the Jedi way.

From what I've heard of TCW and supplemental material they dial up his jerkass tendencies and make him seem arrogant and borderline almost a Sith in some fans eyes.

TL;DR: yes he should come back, but if Filoni is going to just use him to prop up his own characters and/or make Mace out to be the bad guy/a failure then no. Star Wars already treats it's characters of color terribly, no need to bring another one back just to drag him through the mud.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on TCW's handling of Windu, I'm just going off of what others have told me, reading summaries, and general impressions.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
If Darth maul can be cut in half and thrown into space and survive Windu can get a little shocked and thrown out a Windu into a city and survive.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
They need to bring him back as a /side character.

His story would be something like, he survived but might as well been dead as he struggled to live with himself as he reflected on his arrogance and mistakes. He doesn't even blame Anakin for turning into Vader but himself. He pretty much puts the blame all on himself.

He's on some planet in hiding similar to Yoda but the planet is more populated.

The story goes more like Lord of the Rings but with a reluctant at first old wizard who eventually dies and hands the reins to somebody younger.
So he becomes new Luke but 30 years earlier?

Sideswipe

Oct 25, 2017
What if Taika's movie is about Windu and how he fell in a box of space drugs and it's just 2 hours of space wizard Sam Jackson coked out of his mind?

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Honestly, him surviving isn't even hard to believe, unlike Darth Maul or stupid space Jesus Princess Leia in TLJ lol

I literally always assumed he was alive as a kid because we never saw a body and because we've seen Jedi recover from similar stunts

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to resent how many powerful Jedi are apparently alive during the OT who could have been of much assistance. Ahsoka, Ezra, Cal Kestis and now people want Mace to be knocking around too? Who is Luke Skywalker then, chopped liver?

Sidebuster

Oct 26, 2017
California
So he becomes new Luke but 30 years earlier?

lmao, yep. why not? There's no reason they can't borrow old tropes and put them into a different persons story. I really liked those last Clone Wars episodes where Ashoka was hiding out down in the lower levels of Coruscant and seeing how shitty everything actually is. He could be hiding out down in 1313 or something. As long as there's a good story to tell, I think it'd be worth it.

Edit: Also, the kid doesn't have to turn into new Luke, Doesn't even need to become a Jedi. The "kid" could become another Han or Lando.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
I wouldn't accept that he "lived" but I could maybe entertain the ridiculous idea that someone got a hold of his corpse and some dodgy experiments or something were done on it. Given it was just lying there during the chaos of Order 66.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
I'm starting to resent how many powerful Jedi are apparently alive during the OT who could have been of much assistance. Ahsoka, Ezra, Cal Kestis and now people want Mace to be knocking around too? Who is Luke Skywalker then, chopped liver?
To be honest I don't mind this that much. The Galaxy is a big place and some random powerful Jedi in hiding might not be getting the resistance exploits in the local paper. All by themselves and no idea how many Jedi there are or how to get in touch with them and actively being hunted seems fine to me for a few Jedi remnants to be hanging around in isolation or hiding on fringe worlds unnoticed. To be honest that's probs more realistic than most of the shit in Star Wars.

Pulling named faces back from the dead just feels fan mastabatory though.

JasonV

Oct 25, 2017

I don't give a fuckkkkk about Luke. Really don't. Maybe all the other jedi were like... you know, fuck this farm boy and his crappy, whiny dad who went full sith because he had girl problems and mace was slight rude to him.

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020
No more dead characters coming back. Jesus.

Who do we have so far? Palpatine, Boba, Maul.... And now you want Mace? Let these characters stay dead. It's damaging to the canon. That stuff works in Marvel because it is comic book stuff but Star Wars should be more restrained I feel.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, another Mandalorian spoiler thread? Lmao.

To you and all the other people complaining about mandalorian: I had no idea this had anything to do with that show until you mentioned it. I clicked the thread because I like SLJ. Y'all spoiler phobic people contribute to the shit you whine about all the time.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
He's just as likely to be hit by a flying car if not more so.

So no, he's probably dead.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have an idea that's NEVAH been used before to explain why Mace Windu didn't bother to fight the empire in the following 30ish years.

AMNESIA!

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I would only expect Windu to be seeking to use dark side powers, as a last resort to get back at Palpie/Anakin. Basically he becomes a new villain and Ashoka ultimately takes him out.

Justice_DP

Jan 28, 2020
It would be okay and fit the character...
However - the strategy to make everyone of importance survive / hide etc. makes everything that goes down in the OT even more depressing than the rest of Disney's SW already did. It seems like the main goal of Disney is to make everyone and everything that was involvled in the original triology as pointless as possible.