• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Apr 25, 2020
I mean Anakin literally caught Obi-Wan in the exact same sort of manner in Episode 2. It's not hard to imagine that Windu could have simply landed in some poor bastards back seat and was whisked away into hiding to recover from his fight with Sidious. The only issues I see fans (oh god, Star Wars fans *shudder*) taking umbrage with is the likes of Yoda and Obi-Wan (and Ahsoka) being completely unaware of Windu's presence for the entirety of the two subsequent trilogies. In lore terms, Yoda managed to hide himself on Dagobah because of the sheer density of lifeforms on the planet, and I mean, Coruscant looks pretty fucking dense with lifeforms to me, especially in its lower city slum regions. And conversely Obi-Wan somehow managed to keep his presence on an incredibly sparse desert planet a secret for years, even from Vader. Fucking Darth Maul found Obi-Wan on Tatooine where Vader failed.

I guess the bigger question than the details of Windu's survival is, do you really want Windu to return? Is that the point where the line of cowtowing to nostalgia suddenly crosses the line? Or is the idea of Samuel L Jackson making his return to Star Wars, potentially as a "Grey Jedi" enough for everyone to look past that?

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Would make him even more an asshole considering he didn't bother doing anything about Palpatine. if Windu comes back, it needs to be a prequel.

Belladonna

Oct 30, 2017
Mace Windu doesn't seem like the type to hide away. You'll need to add amnesia on top of his injuries for it to make sense.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Palpatine was tossed several stories and blown up. I'm not convinced anyone dies in star wars unless they have a corpse or they're a ghost.

Nov 8, 2017
Nobody ever dies, so I don't see why he would have died? I mean he never came back as a force ghost, so he's obviously still alive.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Considering his mastery of the force, falling and slowing from terminal velocity seems trivial tbh.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah, Windu not involving himself in any events of the galactic civil war would be complete BS. I think the lightning alone was fatal

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Damnit. This is why we have OT's people.
I've accepted being an internet person that I would get spoiled a lot sadly, but damn, dudes, y'all can't discuss in the mega thread while us latecomers can enjoy a surprise?

I thought this was gonna be about some new show they announced. Nope, Mando spoilers lol.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure why people are saying this is a spoiler. Mace Windu isn't on The Mandalorian and there's been nothing to suggest he's going to appear iirc.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mace got pulled over by some Storm Troopers and was thrown in space jail for getting aggressive.

Mar Tuuk

Oct 31, 2017
Well it would be pretty easy for them to say he used the force to save his fall or just land in a speeder

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
Samuel Jackson is in his 70s. His time for Light sabering is over. Save him for gun parts like Nick Fury. Old people can still use guns.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I watched the latest episode, what on earth are people talking about. There was nothing even remotely referencing Mace Windu in Mandolorian, let alone a potential revival/return

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Samuel L jackson is a bad ass and Mace Windu as a character is a badass. He kicked palpatines ass until anakin backstabbed him.
He is probably stronger than Yoda so yeah he probably survived and that should be the case. He could be the next sith.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why the fuck do people keep bringing Mace Windu up?

He's DEAD.

The more people bring this up, the more worried I get that some idiot Disney exec is going to be convinced that fans want him back.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
I think Lucas or someone else confirmed he was dead from the lightning long before he hit the ground.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

In the real canon he was killed by getting chairs thrown at him in pure poetic fashion.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone please change the thread title to make it clear this is not a Mandalorian spoiler?

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sure, bugger it, why not.

Palatine coming back for bullshit reasons opened the floodgates, and everybody is on the cards.

Obi wan can have a body back too, he didn't show up in 7-9 because he's no longer a force ghost and has a new, super Ewan McGregor body.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I'm convinced if Palpatine was allowed to survive falling into the reactor core of the death star while having his own force lightning turned on him anyone can survive. Same goes with Maul getting chopped in half and surviving on pure hate. If he did survive the hell was he doing all those years as he was one of the few Jedi that could directly challenge and overwhelm the emperor. That's the tricky part.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Fucking Palpatine came back after being chucked into a reactor core inside a giant space station that exploded. Windu can come back however is most convenient.