• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
I don't think so. But i know there are some huge fans of his version of Joker, like janusff and Aokiji that would be super hyped if he returned.
vOGFG67.gif

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
I doubt he's coming back.

He could've been good, even great under different circumstances but what we got was probably the most fucking bizarre performance I've ever seen in anything. I have no idea what they were going for. Shit leaves me utterly baffled every time.

Like, what is going on here? The look, the voice, the body language, the way he moves his mouth before he takes the gun here, the stupid creaky door opening/dying duck laugh, I just don't understand. I especially don't understand the laugh considering he does a pretty decent one in one or two scenes.

I doubt WB are super keen on bringing him back after Phoenix, and Leto himself seems kinda bitter now anyway. Plus he doesn't even have a Batman to fight anymore.

There'll almost definitely be a new Joker in the Reeves trilogy. It's unfortunate since I usually like him as an actor despite how much of a weirdo he is, but I think he's pretty much done.

I think the only disturbing thing about this Joker is how much work Ayer puts in to romanticizing this horrifically toxic and abusive relationship. It's one of the biggest problems of the movie, and its problems are bountiful.

The rest of it is, as you said, just baffling.

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I saw Jared Leto at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, "Oh, like you're doing now?"

I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Hob

Sep 3, 2019
I saw Jared Leto at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, "Oh, like you're doing now?"

I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

I love stories like this of asshole celebrities.

On topic, no.

Googleplex

Oct 25, 2017
Man... I feel like I'm the only one that actually dug this take on the Joker. Mostly because there isn't one true Joker. The Joker has had so many different incarnations in comics . And I found Leto's over the top take kinda interesting. I hoped to see more of it.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
lol you guys are so weird it's a copypasta I believe.

This is like people on here who are so offended and believe Leto was actually sending people condoms with Ejaculate in them.
Yeah, his "crazy" antics weren't all that crazy when you actually hear the real versions of them. Not the "hot take" versions. Did he send "used" condoms to his cast mates? Yes. But they were "used" as in, they just weren't in the packaging. It's not like he jizzed in them and sent them out. I don't think he's that stupid.

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, his "crazy" antics weren't all that crazy when you actually hear the real versions of them. Not the "hot take" versions. Did he send "used" condoms to his cast mates? Yes. But they were "used" as in, they just weren't in the packaging. It's not like he jizzed in them and sent them out. I don't think he's that stupid.

problem is the pearl-clutchers here actually believe just read any thread about Leto.

Oct 27, 2017
How much of his antics were true?

True, but heavily exaggerated. The condoms thing was apparently taken out of context. Not that there's a correct context for it, but he didn't have sex with a condom and then send it to his cast mates. Apparently he would just open condoms and make it look like they've been used by stretching them out or something.

Brickhunt

Feb 4, 2018
Brazil
It's just one interpretation of the Joker. The character has dozens of other interpretations.

The problem is that he appeared in a bad film, in a non-antagonist role. The Joker shines when he is at the spotlight as the villain, in his interaction with Batman. In Suicide Squad, he is there for the sake of being there.

Bubukill

Oct 25, 2017
Panama
I would give it another chance but supporting the theory that Leto's Joker is actually Robin or a superhero that fell into madness.

Aloysius

Nov 5, 2017
Minneapolis, MN
I guess anything could happen, but It seems unlikely. I kinda liked the theory that this Joker was actually Robin at one point, but even that is a little weird.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Only way to salvage Leto would be to turn him into Jason Todd and real Joker's pet project. Doesn't matter cause that ship has sailed.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
When I saw the first image of his Joker I was put off by the tattoos but thought the surgical glove was an inspired interpretation of the classic gloves in his outfit, suggesting the depraved experimentation he conducted on Jason Todd.

In the film, it's hard to believe this was the Joker that fought Ben Affleck's Batman.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
They should tie it into American Psycho and have him survive Bateman's attack, giving him a personal vendetta against the name Bateman minus an E.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah why not have Jason Todd come back?

edit: I like the idea of a robin becoming a young joker, and have always thought death in the family leading to Jason Todd becoming the joker being far more plausible than Dark Knight Strikes Again's theoryof dick Grayson being fired by Batman and then falling into criminal insanity.

Last edited:

Blader

Oct 27, 2017