• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Can Dom beat Riddick?

• If you say so"

Votes: 38 11.9%
  • No

Votes: 209 65.7%
  • Both have a sip of Corona and make up.

Votes: 71 22.3%

• Total voters
Oct 30, 2017
If anime has taught me anything it's that the power of friendship/family is the greatest power of all, due to this fact Riddick doesn't stand a chance.

Or the power of familiar loss and anger driving a man who's people were all killed and then have essentially his surrogate family die in front of him due to a greater evil force.

The ending of Chronicles of Riddick was essentially a final boss anime battle too!

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toretto off a sip of Corona is much more dangerous than the inferior version of him who has built in NVGs.

Punished Toretto will win.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I think Fast & Furious's plot armor is stronger than Riddicks, so I'm gonna go with Dom

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
Another way Riddick is better (Corona is bland ass beer)
Then you can get out.

2015%252F04%252F03%252F51%252FCorona.0efa7.png%252Ffit-in__1200x9600.png

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
Is Riddick still a Furyan or something? Aren't they much stronger than a baseline human?

Why the hell did i put that much thought in this circus?

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
Riddick would rip him into two pieces and then say

"didnt know who he was fucking with"

Then Riddick would steal Letty get in the charger and say you keep what you kill

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Is Riddick still a Furyan or something? Aren't they much stronger than a baseline human?

Why the hell did i put that much thought in this circus?
Yeah i think they evolved on a harsh planet or something and are supposed to be tough and shit Riddick wears goggles because of his eyes being sensitive due to the night vision and he does superhuman shit

He even went super saiyan in the 2nd movie because of the rage of the Furyan race or some shit

And yes you're putting too much thought

Dom would still win

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Yes, because F&F's power creep knows no limit. Riddick would probably have to make fun of Dom's family to activate his powers and plot armor though.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I hated that fucking moment. I know people tend to prefer the later installments, when the movies grew bigger and more over-the-top, but every single movie after Tokyo Drift has at least one moment like this where you go, "How will the heroes prevail?" and the answer is something so far out of the realm of possibility it's absurd, and it makes me go, "Oh, okay..." It's not satisfying. Even dumb action movies should be clever when resolving the plot. Dumb is fine when it's to make something inconsequential more visually impressive or cinematic, not as a cheat to solve plot issues.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
I've only seen Fast 7 out of the new films, but isn't The Rock's character canonically stronger than Dom? What are the power levels here?

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
I hated that fucking moment. I know people tend to prefer the later installments, when the movies grew bigger and more over-the-top, but every single movie after Tokyo Drift has at least one moment like this where you go, "How will the heroes prevail?" and the answer is something so far out of the realm of possibility it's absurd, and it makes me go, "Oh, okay..." It's not satisfying. Even dumb action movies should be clever when resolving the plot. Dumb is fine when it's to make something inconsequential more visually impressive or cinematic, not as a cheat to solve plot issues.
This legitimately may be my favourite moment in any movie ever

I've only seen Fast 7 out of the new films, but isn't The Rock's character canonically stronger than Dom? What are the power levels here?

Stronger, but not as much heart

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
This thread is amazing, lmao.

Yeah i think they evolved on a harsh planet or something and are supposed to be tough and shit Riddick wears goggles because of his eyes being sensitive due to the night vision and he does superhuman shit

He even went super saiyan in the 2nd movie because of the rage of the Furyan race or some shit

And yes you're putting too much thought

Dom would still win

What is this, the Director's Cut? I do not remember this.

Dr. Sanchez

Nov 15, 2017
the last fast and the furious movie I've seen was Tokyo drift and I'm constantly bewildered how ridiculous the series gets. It's hilarious honestly, I mean, the most recent trailer has him swing from one mountain to another with a car. Who does that? I came into this thread to say Riddick can kick a blade with enough force to decapitate someone's head, but Dominic has become superhuman so I dunno man.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Toretto is peak human both physically and mentally. He's an expert driver and fighter, and he has family. He is pretty much incapable of losing, and if he does, it would have actually been a part of the plan all along.

Riddick is cool I guess, he can see in the dark and isn't afraid of anything, but he doesn't have family. That's really the determining factor in all of this.

Oct 7, 2018
USA
Riddick defeated an army of undying aliens. Doms plot armor ain't shit compared to that.

Yeah honestly this isn't even a fair comparison Riddick would shit all over the whole family without much trouble, he defeated an alien overlord and ran shit in Butcher Bay.

Also I'm pretty sure Riddick has family just not human family. Didn't he have some kind of crazy night stalker animal that he was friends with?

On a side note the first time I saw Riddick was with my wife. We ate some shrooms and went to a movie theater, we literally had to leave the movie an hour in because it was just fucking with us too much during an intense trip.

Especially that part with the Necroman leader who had the multiple face helmet, it scarred me for life🤣

Last edited:

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Riddick is clearly a much more powerful character if going strictly by the canon. Dom only has plot armour from them going more over the top with each movie.

Oct 7, 2018
USA
Riddick is clearly a much more powerful character if going strictly by the canon. Dom only has plot armour from them going more over the top with each movie.

Yeah a better comparison would be Riddick or the character Vin Diesel played in Bloodshot.

That's a tough one though,cybernetic super soldier VS. champion of an alien warrior master race who has superhuman abilities

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
They're the same person. In the last fast and furious dom loses his family, gets charged for his crimes, frozen and shot into space.

I wonder why they never made more riddick movies. The last one was kinda tight in a B movie kind of way.

They are making more. Script was being worked on for a while and was supposed to start production for filming last year but delayed due to covid.

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
Riddick would kill Dom in about 5 seconds.

The only challenge to Riddick would be the original, Steven Seagal version of Riddick before Vin took over the role.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dom has been getting so exponentially powerful that he can beat Thanos at this point.