• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The dinosaurs didn't all go extinct. Birds are dinosaurs. The big ones went extinct because they were big. The meteor caused climate change and reduced the amount of food. The big dinosaurs couldn't sustain themselves and died.
Because dinosaurs were discovered by geologist. The whole field is based on how old the bones are based on the strata where they are found.
Weekday posters detected. Y'all in Hawaii or something?

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Even if dinosaurs originated in our future, they're still in our past, meaning they still went extinct/evolved into birds. Time travel doesn't really solve your problems here.

OP
OP
Halbrand

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Even if dinosaurs originated in our future, they're still in our past, meaning they still went extinct/evolved into birds. Time travel doesn't really solve your problems here.
Not really. Most likely only a small percentage of dinosaurs would have time travelled and modern humans would probably go extinct too if they went back to the past and had to live without internet, fast food, and had to hunt. As far as we know dinosaurs didn't have any guns to make hunting easier. No one has ever found dinosaur fossils with guns

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
the one's from the future are descended from the ones from the past, but it's complicated.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The long answer is yes.
the short is answer is

G45f2F4.jpg

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
Perhaps this means Bigfoot is a Time Traveler? maybe the reason we never found actual evidence of Bigfoot is because they keep returning to the future.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Yes.

Future humanity invents dinosaurs and time travel. We send dinos and all sorts of animals back to millions of years ago, make them die by summoning Meteor, so that they become the fossil fuels we use. That is how we will ensure we have fossil fuels forever.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
Think about it. It doesn't make any sense that the all just went extinct all over the world. And they were huge. Doesn't it make more sense that we will probably evolve into dinosaurs eventually, and the dinosaur fossils that we have today are time travelling dinosaurs from the future?

That's my thinking as well. It's why I have been campaigning all my life for people not to let birds go unchecked as I see them as the catalyst for a future ruled by time travelling dinosaur overlords. Don't take shit from birds, put them in their place when they try to get the better of you.

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
If the climate was super hot and carbony, we'd be huge. But the bugs and reptiles would be as well.

Fucking spiders too.

I mean, we are heading there op.. maybe op has a good point.
I was reading about various extinct megafauna recently (I think it was because of animal crossing or something) and I ended up reading about a dragonfly that was over a metre long, and the explanation around the level of oxygen and the climate in that epoch making it possible for invertebrates to be so much bigger and I just.. 🤮

So glad to be of this time.

Dehnus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Think about it. It doesn't make any sense that the all just went extinct all over the world. And they were huge. Doesn't it make more sense that we will probably evolve into dinosaurs eventually, and the dinosaur fossils that we have today are time travelling dinosaurs from the future?
Everything is possible, and in an infinite amount of universes that has happened. Is it a likely chance? NOPE!

They are prototurkeys that needed to eat a lot of stuff to find out how to get "tasty" themselves so we could eat them. Yes, thank the turkey every day for their sacrifice in becoming delicious!

(Vegetarian, but I couldn't resit :P. )

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I want to be a Velociraptor in the future. OP's prediction is making my dreams come true.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did they create the Tesseract in Interstellar?

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
If my time logic is right - and it is - this explains why we continue to find more dinosaur fossils even now.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
Maybe you should first explain why it doesn't make sense them going extinct being so huge? Because to most people it really does

aliengmr

Oct 26, 2017
Consider which is more conceivable: A large species already on their way to extinction due changing climate and lack of food, gets a push from an asteroid.

Or

They time traveled there and then... went extinct?

Op's whole premise is flawed.

But yeah, that's a negative Ghostrider, pattern is full.

Yes

Oct 28, 2017
It all checks out:

- we keep phones close to our face -> short arms -> t-rex
- herbivores and carnivores -> vegans and meat-eaters make those bloodlines
- we are getting fatter and fatter -> creeping closer to that megaton size
- they say human meat tastes like chicken -> chickens=dinosaurs=human