• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Fire-Force.gif

Tomo815

Banned
Jul 19, 2019
I think the way Splatoon works, like you are throwing liquids around, may work well in a firefighter game. I can imagine it, you have different ways to extinguishing fires, and even bosses of sorts.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Creatively and critically? Of course, anything is possible. Financially? Fuck no.

Wikzo

Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
91UQANAr-cL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Read an article about it a long time ago in EDGE. It was supposed to be quite an ambitious game, but due to a low budget they never got to realize all of their ideas.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Can't see why not. Water physics have been around for a while now and TLoU2 shows that rope (or hose) mechanics opens up some interesting gameplay possibilities.

Sirank

Oct 27, 2017
Get on that Burning Rangers remaster going SEGA. Look at all these other games getting them. Space Firefighters is an untapped niche.

smashballTaz

Oct 29, 2017
I second Mighty Switch Force 2. I loved it on the Wii U, definitely a hidden gem as far a I'm concerned.
youtu.be

Mighty Switch Force! 2 - Summer Trailer

Patricia Wagon returns to heat things up with a refreshing spray of blaze-battling action/puzzles. This time Officer Wagon and Corporal Gendarmor join Plane...

The credits song is super catchy and cheesy too. I have it on my phone :D
youtu.be

Mighty Switch Force 2 OST - Track 15 - Credits (Rescue Girl)

Disclaimer: I did not compose this, this work belongs to Jake Kaufman, otherwise known as Virt. You can find his website here: http://www.biglionmusic.com/LO...

Manta_Breh

May 16, 2018
User Warned: Off-topic driveby
I'd rather play a cop game where you can arrest people, go under cover and do all that.

Sleepy Dogs sequel please. Or True Crime remimagining in the AAA space.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Unfortunately I don't think the studios are ready for an action AAA yet where no one has to be killed.

OozeMan

Feb 21, 2018
One would need to get pretty creative for it to work. Kojima managed this with a unique take on the courier delivery system (Death Stranding). A similar imaginative effort on Firefighting might just work.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
You're technically a firefighter in Resistance: Burning Skies.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Yes. Make the plot absolutely insane, as in MGS insane, aka the fire is nanomachines/aliens/something like that. You can start small with house fires, then apartment fires, and slowly escalate to things like multiple fires at once in a neighborhood, big skyscrapers, oil rigs, forest fires, heck why not set the White House on fire and rescue the president from terrorists while you're at it?

Great, now I want this game and it won't ever happen.

Also the fire can use guns.

tenor.gif