• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
latest

Alright, maybe Resident Evil 4 was too hard for you all.
100 of you have been selected by the CIA to infiltrate the tropical jungles of Russia. Your mission is as follows
- Rescue Sokolov (optional)
- Eliminate the Shagohod
- Assassinate Colonel Volgin and The Boss

You are all equipped with a Knife, a handgun with a silencer, 3 stun grenades and a mic. You can pick up any item that you find including items that you would not be able to pick up ingame. You are all dropped off at the same location that Snake starts operation Snake Eater in, your drone just happens to be extra large to fit you all.

You will have to follow the same path as in the game from the jungle right up to the white flower field. EVA will assist you (she's still a spy though). You have all have access to the codec team.

You can be as loud or silent as you want. You have all your knowledge of the Metal Gear series at your disposal. You must make your own code name. At least ONE of you has to go through Volgins torture. Also Skull Face is secretly watching you all.

Can you all make it to the end? How many of you will survive if any?

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd never make it past The End, nor Sorrow.

I have the PS2 discs for OG and Subsistence [and accompanying Brady Games guide lul] but no original hardware in this house at the moment- is PC emulation up to it nowadays?

Vic20

Nov 10, 2019
100 people could take over the base and disguise themselves as soviets.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
glad you didn't make ERA go through the Virtuous Mission OP, don't think any of us got a chance against getting nuked

also this is hilarious because this means Skull Face is trailing 100 ERA members cleaning up our mess

anyway the answer is we're boned, the only way this fustercluck of machination that is Operation Snake Eater was because even if Naked Snake went guns akimbo the entire mission was in his favour going alone most of his way through. 100 dudes ain't stealthy and shit gets escalated the second we're found out

Ergo I would do it solo

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
Da, but I am nyet volunteering for the torture or the playtime with the Boss's children. In fact, the other 99 members will all take the fall for me as I enact my secret spy plan, which may or may not involve fuck-killing Volgin

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Question is how many of us will go Big Boss mode aka no detection and no kills only tranqs? In reality most of us would get destroyed by the Cobra unit.

Manta_Breh

May 16, 2018
Era members wouldnt last one day in the jungle.

Half the people would mess up the parachute jump haha.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
No, the Boss would only let Naked Snake kill her. Eva likely wouldn't give you the scientist disguise which lets you reach Granin and receive the keycard, to bypass the mountains and reach Gronyzi Grad.

I think if we were lucky to reach Sokolov at the beginning, then we'll be slaughtered by Ocelot's unit or Cobra waiting in the helicopters. Best situation is if we try and push the boss of the bridge and die trying to prevent the rest of the game.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Heavy forrest + rain = darksouls level of terrain. I am in good shape, but i dont think i would make it that far tbh

Blayde

Oct 27, 2017
Kentucky
50 of them would think they know what the are doing but do not
45 of them will spend their time pointing out the first 50 do not know what they are doing, but not actually offer anything constructive
the remaining 5 will just shitpost about apple the whole time

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone's gonna fail at the ladder after singing too much and get exhausted from all the yelling

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Wouldn't survive the rope bridge, though if some how against all odds we did, that ladder would absolutely kill us.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
50 of them would think they know what the are doing but do not
45 of them will spend their time pointing out the first 50 do not know what they are doing, but not actually offer anything constructive
the remaining 5 will just shitpost about apple the whole time
Someone would mention they think The Last Jedi is bad during planning stages, and that's it.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Of course, given that Skull Face's XOF team will be in there all the time to make sure the mission is successful.

GOD, I hate this fucking retcon. Fuck MGS5.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Realistically only half the Era users would make it past the first few open areas in the swamp. The rest would be immediately arrested as they approach the first facility.