• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
So are these hordes of photographers at these cons all working for someone or just filling out their own personal collection of creepshots?

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
That's a disgusting photo. It's like a John wick poster for sick psycho fucks.
I had something on my mind when I saw the picture and you are right on the money.

zobrobr.php

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Some sort of protest needs to happen. Like if I was a cosplayer that gets harassed all the time I'll ask my friends who aren't cosplaying that day to bring cardboard or huge placards to shield me away for when I don't want to get photographed. Double points if it's plastered with a witty protest slogan of some sort.

Or something like the angels like at trial for Matthew Sheppard's murderers to block anti-gay protesters.
_104016600_gettyimages-51063867.jpg

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
From the land that bought you separate trains for men and women due to the amount of sexual harassment. But criticize this shit and get called out imperialist. Japan really needs to start getting their shit together.

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
It seems like there always a similar story when/where ever a con-type event happens. This culture is toxic.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
The context makes the photo bad but that scene itself is normal comiket kimoi trash

CJwbGEA.jpg

iSs4UiY.jpg

Z191ioV.jpg

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I had anxiety attacks before and it is awful so it is disgusting that people act like that

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
The context makes the photo bad but that scene itself is normal comiket kimoi trash

CJwbGEA.jpg

iSs4UiY.jpg

Z191ioV.jpg

Yeah. Of course those girls choose to be put on the spotlight, but this sort of objectifying setup really enables stories like in the OP. To those photographers, these cosplayers are little more than figurines to snap and ogle. I hope she will be able to move on from the experience in time, and that the incident can perhaps spark some changes or at least awareness on side of the photographers. I am not so sure of that however.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

CJwbGEA.jpg

iSs4UiY.jpg

Z191ioV.jpg

This is really weird, but in these photos it seems like at least everyone involved is into it, even if it kind of seems insane from the outside.

But if someone is having a panic attack then move away, Jesus.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
Old bald head looks serious as fuck in that first picture. surgical precision in his face.

Serein

Mar 7, 2018
Jesus fucking Christ that poor woman. That picture is somehow worse than I was expecting it to be.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
This is really weird, but in these photos it seems like at least everyone involved is into it, even if it kind of seems insane from the outside.

But if someone is having a panic attack then move away, Jesus.

That the woman keep posing doesn't mean they would rather these photographers go the fuck away and take photos like regular humans instead of animals. These Comiket events should regulate this and not allow it at this degree, allowing it normalizes it and makes stuff like what's in the OP happen.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ that's horrifying

Fucking sickos for taking advantage of her while she was having a panic attack.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Reading some of the responses, it's heartening to see the number of people taking this seriously, some repeating a line that's something like "cosplay yes, touch no", similar to the "cosplay is not consent" saying around here. It seems some have also suggested that photographers should have to sign up for special armbands or lanyards at Comiket so that if they do something skeevy they can be identified. That does seem useful, especially given the number of congoers that seem to wear facemasks to conceal their identity (which can absolutely be done for legitimate reasons and I don't think is a bad thing inherently, but can just as easily be to, well, avoid being caught doing skeevy shit).

As an American congoer, who is used to just saying "hey, can I get a pic?" if I see someone in a cool costume and if they say yes I do so, and if no, go on my way, that seems really odd. But the whole idea of cosplayers gathering in a square with the intention of letting a literal wall of photographers take pictures of them with little to no real communication is completely foreign to me. If that sort of thing was the norm here, I'd absolutely be for it.

As is, I'd personally suggest Japanese cosplayers begin to ask photographers for individual photo sessions and outside of that ask people to individually ask them, rather than throngs of people encroaching upon them. But maybe that's me being culturally insensitive and they can figure out methods like the aforementioned armband one themselves.

Sidenote, fuck the guy in the responses who posted a gif of a baby panda rolling around. It seems the cosplayer in question was a Chinese person, so you know that was just a mixed misogynist-xenophobic response to a serious event.

M1chl

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Czech Republic
I mean as someone who dealing with sort of stuff on daily basis, this is probably the single worst photo, I have ever seen on the internet and now I am so fucking angry, that I stop writing.....

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We are these people like camera people for work or something like that? they should get fired for something like this.

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Sounds like groups of cosplayers should hire a person or two to do crowd control for them. These camera fucks might be a little more respectful if the cosplayers have a thug willing to knock their teeth down their throats if they don't give them space.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
That poor woman :(

I did like that she said she's taking up boxing though, hope she knocks a few out if something like that happens again.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Fucking disgusting and unfair to the woman that like to cosplay. Between people who don't get cosplay thinking their freaks, unwanted attention both physical and non, and shit like this it's ridiculous. God forbid some women would like to express themselves in a creative and cool way while participating in fandom and enjoying themselves while looking cool without harassment and unwanted attention from creeps and sex pests ,what the fuck is wrong with people? Enjoy their effort from a distance with respect it's what they deserve, they are creative women bringing beloved characters to life not meat bags for your sexual gratification and this actually really angers me.

Have some damn respect.

Deleted member 14735

Oct 27, 2017
Way to traumatize her for fucking life. I can't believe this
I mean as someone who dealing with sort of stuff on daily basis, this is probably the single worst photo, I have ever seen on the internet and now I am so fucking angry, that I stop writing.....
I don't know how experiences differ, my own panic attacks have always felt like I was dying. Like I was having a heart attack. No matter how much I try to convince myself outside of episodes that should it happen again, don't worry, it's just a panic attack, that goes away when it comes because it really does feel like you're dying. It's a horrifying experience. To imagine myself in that situation, going through that, in my most scared and desperate moment when I feel I need help, I will die if I do not get help, and they surround her like a horde not to help but to take pictures of her underwear.

It is blood boiling. I can't even imagine what that kind of experience would do to me. These people are sociopaths, there is no other explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.