• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
85OojM5.gif

GeekyDad

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
USA
Insane. And insanely smart. Must be very lightweight to be able to be on a caster frame like that. Very nice!

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I want to do a bloodborne or LoZ cosplay but I have no idea where to find size 15 boots

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Ok Comic Con is coming up October. I wasnt originally going to bother cosplaying this year but I'm feeling the urge to wear my silicone alien mask again but I don't want to put in a massive amount of effort with the rest of the costume. Anyone got any thoughts on something simple I could wear? Preferably long sleaved so I can just put gloves on to hide my human hands!

I was thinking about making a t-shirt that said "Greetings Fellow Humans" and then just going as an alien doing a really poor job at passing as human.

Here's the mask again for reference:

EWf5IxO.jpg

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was planning on making my first official cosplay (the Ash Ketchum costume I had for Halloween could be but I don't count it because it wasn't for a con)

Was gonna do my Link from BotW. He's basically in the Hylian armor recolored to look like his classic tunic with leather armor over it

Deleted member 1478

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Ok Comic Con is coming up October. I wasnt originally going to bother cosplaying this year but I'm feeling the urge to wear my silicone alien mask again but I don't want to put in a massive amount of effort with the rest of the costume. Anyone got any thoughts on something simple I could wear? Preferably long sleaved so I can just put gloves on to hide my human hands!

I was thinking about making a t-shirt that said "Greetings Fellow Humans" and then just going as an alien doing a really poor job at passing as human.

EWf5IxO.jpg

Well it turns out my mask (as well of most of Immortal Masks' catalogue) was used in a cheap sci-fi movie starring Casper Van Dien called Galaxy Raiders (or Star Raiders sometimes) so I actually have something to work towards now design-wise.

It's also nice to have something to say the character is from. Last time I just had to say it was an original design and people immediately care less after that

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018

EWf5IxO.jpg

I love your Star Trek Garrus btw! All of my favorite things.

I think that would be adorable. Or maybe something like "Your Area 51 alien" even though the meme will probably be extra dated by then. hehehe Cool mask!!!

Deleted member 1478

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I love your Star Trek Garrus btw! All of my favorite things.

I'd love to actually take Star Trek Garrus to the con one day but the mask is very hard to see out of so it'd be hard to walk around but the other issues I have now is that they've beefed up security so now they make you remove any masks each time you enter the building, even from the outside area which is gated off and still part of the con and the Garrus mask is really tight.

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Hey guys I'm looking to do a trafalgar law cosplay as my first ever cosplay (seemed easy) but I'm wondering what to do for the facial hair. I have red hair and CAN grow his little chin beard but didn't know if it would probably look better to draw it on or to color my existing hair. I figured drawing since being an anime it looks flat but didn't know if you guys had experience manufacturing facial hair for cosplay

Also I found a couple great replica swords but of course you have to lock it in the scabbard when you're at a con (I plan to go to steel city con in December in this and possibly a Halloween party). I was wondering if you guys would recommend getting a plastic or foam one (and if a plastic one is allowed to be removed from the scabbard at a con) or if you think a steel one that I have to keep in would be better AND HOW I would go about locking it in to make it con safe. Like do you use zip ties or what?

Edit: oh and I should have said I'm doing the black jacket after time skip look

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2018
T-Pain isn't really a rapper though. This thread seems kind of dead. Ifg anyone sees this post could someone point to a place for some cosplay tips? I'm new to this shit.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Bit of a necrobump, but I finally compiled all of my fave cosplay pics into one Twitter Moment! Hope you all like them!

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Woah, forgot this thread existed. Cool lineup Scraftyko !

COVID killed my cosplay motivation. I wanted to finally retire my Sith costume this year and replace it with something else but the ConPocalypse took care of that.

Sep 7, 2018
Hey!

Did you find anything good? :3

I am glad that (at least I hope so) helped you :)
Not for this cosplay. I ended up ordering everything I could afford two days ago. I bookmarked the website though. But I'm looking somewhere to buy a MF Doom mask right now. Amazon has 1 I can get by Friday, but there are no reviews for it so I don't know if it's a scam. I think on Etsy all of them won't ship in time for Halloween and they only accept Paypal.

Jul 14, 2021
Not for this cosplay. I ended up ordering everything I could afford two days ago. I bookmarked the website though. But I'm looking somewhere to buy a MF Doom mask right now. Amazon has 1 I can get by Friday, but there are no reviews for it so I don't know if it's a scam. I think on Etsy all of them won't ship in time for Halloween and they only accept Paypal.

Then I hope you will find what you want. Wish you good luck :3

Just do not give up, man!

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
Anybody going to a con this year?

Gencon Indy! I went every year from 2003-2019 so I have been eager to go back. They are notifying attendees to be up to date on vaccinations/show proof, and to expect to wear masks indoors which is also nice. I am sewing my ruana for my Bruno Madrigal cosplay next weekend! Hopefully my XIV RDM cosplay is done by then too, I am painting the sword soon ish.

There are a couple other small cons in the Philly area I will probably attend but we shall see, I am not as familiar with the vibe of those

Sep 7, 2018
Gencon Indy! I went every year from 2003-2019 so I have been eager to go back. They are notifying attendees to be up to date on vaccinations/show proof, and to expect to wear masks indoors which is also nice. I am sewing my ruana for my Bruno Madrigal cosplay next weekend! Hopefully my XIV RDM cosplay is done by then too, I am painting the sword soon ish.

There are a couple other small cons in the Philly area I will probably attend but we shall see, I am not as familiar with the vibe of those
I'm going to HBCU Con next month and definitely trying my best to go to DreamCon and Blerdcon this year!