• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Let's keep scaring them. Knock knock Bobbi, you're up and bring the shirt.

hnPrdrx.jpg

Deleted member 60096

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2019
Seriously, I can't believe people are still bitching about Brie Larson. Captain Marvel was impressively successful, and whether or not you chalk that up to Endgame hype, we've got a lot of people interested in her story who will certainly see a sequel.
yeah its just downright pathetic, some of these dudes have hundreds of videos just about her and Captain Marvel. Like do they ever stop thinking about her?

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Never understood why these people even like comics, Star Trek, or Star Wars. The message has always been the same and it's not what these idiots believe. Guess they just want the pew pew and fighting but I still don't understand how Captain America punching Hitler way back when it started is somehow not political but this is.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I keep getting articles like this recommended to my feed

Im guessing either because of the clickbait it gets enough attention, Google doesn't curate its feed or there's too much shitty comic book news sites or all three

Also I love they somehow tied Spiderman to Captain marvel and the brie Larsson fatigue

You know the character that just made a billion dollars and was so new they were making her movies same as endgame and infinity war

tsampikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You can't just censor people because they say things that don't fit your narrow world view.

I thought Era was better than this.
Era is a cesspit of out of touch thought police what are you talking about.

Never understood why these people even like comics, Star Trek, or Star Wars. The message has always been the same and it's not what these idiots believe. Guess they just want the pew pew and fighting but I still don't understand how Captain America punching Hitler way back when it started is somehow not political but this is.

I don't think they do. Ive seen people go down this hole. They don't play games, watch anime, or read comics but they follow these kinds of writers/ youtube creators who are nothing more than anti progressive trolls. Without any real problems to rally other losers behind they invent problems in media and get each other riled up as they tell each other the things they want to hear.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fatigue? She's been in two movies

That's obviously two movies too many. Shit dude, didn't you get the memo?

Carol is such a terrible character that they kept her out of most of Endgame but still had to ruin it by having Captain America - a man! - beg her for help. He was on his knees and everything! They even had Spiderman cowering before her mighty lesbian hair as she looks down on him and demands - demands! - he hands over the Infinity Gauntlet.

She probably wanted to use it herself to kill half of all life in the universe, the male half!

Pls don't take this seriously

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, they already fucked up Spiderman and made him a co-dependent loser with daddy issues, so him desperately finding a person to look up doesnt sound far fetched.

The rest of the stuff makes it fake tho.

Falore

Banned
Feb 15, 2019
To be fair putting aside all the stuff from this website and focusing solely on the mcu. Captain marvel the film was relatively voringncompared to other entries. I also dont know if it was brie acting or just the character direction but I found her to be very boring and disconnected. It has nothing to do with gender to me either I mean I really enjoyed wonder woman and I find black widow interesting but captain marvel just currently feels weak thematically.

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Dont forget CBR, BGR and Screenrant. Pure clickbait nonsense.
Pretty sure a couple of them are run by the same people.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I keep telling Google News that I am not interested in anything from that stupid clickbait site but it keeps showing up in my timeline or whatever.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Well, they already fucked up Spiderman and made him a co-dependent loser with daddy issues, so him desperately finding a person to look up doesnt sound far fetched.

The rest of the stuff makes it fake tho.

Sound faithful to the source material to me. Spider-man's been like that since the inception.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I don't agree with this notion that certain sites/personalities should be banned because they "don't generate productive discussion" but that's not what the OP is advocating for, so play on.

You're 3 for 3 my good man!

Just because say Richard Spencer is a Nazi doesn't mean we shouldn't share and discuss his remarkable insight into how Bree Larson's body language is proof positive that she is a man hating psychopath who wants to weaponize the MCU to spread her hatred of the white race!

Real adults understand that all news, real or invented, be they sourced White Supremacists, or legitimate journalists, should be given equal platforming! Like Google literally is putting white supremacist comic book sites in their featured news section when you search for comic book stuff, and your concern is complaining that the real problem is the people who think that's fucked up.

If this was 2014 you'd be that dude clamoring that we let every techraptor article about Zoe Quinn and 5 Guys be posted because hey maybe there's a problem with ethics in video game journalism, or that hey just because they're harassing her doesn't mean they're content ought to be silenced.

I love that you associate letting everything thing go as being an adult.

On the plus side, all the power to you for truly living your username

Last edited:

Spinluck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Google pushed this article on me and I had the exact same reaction. Google's been pushing some other alt right(ish) articles towards me.
Same here.

I didn't have have to click on it to know it was bullshit clickbait. A friend sent it to me this morning thinking it might've been real but I told him it was just alt right trash after actually reading.

Last edited:

Middleman

Banned
Jun 14, 2019
You're 3 for 3 my good man!

Just because say Richard Spencer is a Nazi doesn't mean we shouldn't share and discuss his remarkable insight into how Bree Larson's body language is proof positive that she is a man hating psychopath who wants to weaponize the MCU to spread her hatred of the white race!

Real adults understand that all news, real or invented, be they sourced White Supremacists, or legitimate journalists, should be given equal platforming!

If this was 2014 you'd be that dude clamoring that we let every techraptor article about Zoe Quinn and 5 Guys be posted because hey maybe there's a problem with ethics in video game journalism, or that hey just because they're harassing her doesn't mean they're content ought to be silenced.

I love that associate letting everything thing go as being an adult.

On the plus side, all the power to you for truly living your username
Isn't that kinda the point of sharing a space with like-minded individuals? Odds are, Richard Spencer's garbage opinions are less like to get airplay here because people aren't interested in what he has to say.

But if someone does happen to post a thread, who cares? You can choose to ignore it if you like. Other people can read and engage and give their opinions.

If someone posts a shitty article about Brie Larson, explain why it's shitty. Don't moan that it shouldn't be posted in the first place.

You talk about "equal platforming" like this is CNN deciding how to alot their limited hours of programming. This is a public message board. Home to hundreds of thousands of conversations. If you see one you don't like, you're allowed to skip it.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
But if someone does happen to post a thread, who cares? You can choose to ignore it if you like. Other people can read and engage and give their opinions.

I care because Nazis shouldn't be treated as an opinion.

I mean your argument is basically that every bigoted ideal should be freely shared and if people who are targeted by that hatred aren't adult enough to handle difference of opinions on their right to exist they can just skip the discussion.

Let me guess do you also think America is the greatest, freest country because hate speech is legal?

You talk about "equal platforming" like this is CNN deciding how to alot their limited hours of programming. This is a public message board. Home to hundreds of thousands of conversations. If you see one you don't like, you're allowed to skip it.

1) This is actually a private message board

2) You didn't like this thread but you certainly didn't chose to skip it.

Otakukidd

The cutest v-tuber
Oct 25, 2017
Yes they were planning to make Spiderman captain Marvel's sidekick to make her more likeable after having a billion dollar movie... When they are planning to give kamala her own show and potentially bring her into the movies. Like if you are going to start a bullshit rumor at least make it plausable

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Odds are, Richard Spencer's garbage opinions are less like to get airplay here because people aren't interested in what he has to say.

Also you realize if we allowed people here to openly agree with Spencer that immediately we'd get a lot more people like that right?

Like the reason nazis aren't here is because this place has a no Nazi policy, which seems to upset you on some insane free speech means everything goes level.

Last edited:

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
First saw this site on FB when CM was coming out. It was pretty obvious what the site was ata glance. Thankfully I don't get this recommend to me by Google.

Every now and then I follow the rabbit hole of comicsgate crap and I'm afraid it'll taint my feed thereafter.

Zoantharia

Oct 30, 2017
I'm sorry OP but this is fucking hilarious... Imagine the smug smile of the guy who wrote this completely unironically as he submitted it to his (if one even exists) editor

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Anxious manchildren trying to appease fellow manchildren's fears of diversity.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
At first I was like this is all baseless conjecture and click bait shit, and then you get to the end of your post and it goes full crazy. Yikes.

Jul 18, 2018
User banned (1 month): doubling down on sexism, trolling and lying about ban history over a series of posts in the thread
Status
Not open for further replies.