• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Yeah well if that's how you feel I'm not gonna buy your next game."

As if he even wants these troglodytes to enjoy something he created.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't really disagree with him in general. But there are always exceptions. My girlfriend has a bunch of allergy and breathing problems and has to wear a mask all day at work. They genuinely make her nose bleed and bother her breathing so I understand why she doesn't like masks. The problem is all the ignorant fucks who won't wear masks, they need to wear them to protect people like her who struggle to wear them outside of work for valid reasons.

I feel cory on this. It sucked not being able to visit my mom when she had a kidney transplant in August.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
He actually not that accurate.

Most of them are likely on the lower end of the intellectual spectrum. The sociopaths are definitely a minority.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Man gamers really are trash, bringing the fucking games to a post about someone worried about a loved one...

Man, the US became such a perfect place for cultist mindsets to thrive, is Zuckerberg really the root of this shit? Facebook fake shit really ended up rotting the brains of so many people...

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really is disagree with him in general. But there are always exceptions. My girlfriend has a bunch of allergy and breathing problems and has to wear a mask all day at work. They genuinely make her nose bleed and bother her breathing so I understand why she doesn't like masks. The problem is all the ignorant fucks who won't wear masks, they need to wear them to protect people like her who struggle to wear them outside of work for valid reasons.
I feel like "anti-masker" is a term specifically for those who are against the use of masks in general, not people who are just currently not using them for whatever reason, or would rather not use them in specific situations. I don't think your girlfriend would ever be grouped together with "anti-maskers".

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
He's not wrong. I have a friend who has completely written off anyone in his life who supports Scump. He basically put out a post on FB where he told anyone in the cult to fuck off and consider their friendship over, both virtually and in real life.

And sadly, I don't blame him.

That said, good on Cory and I hope his old man recovers.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
That clown just retweeted me, doing the same thing I brought up earlier in the thread: Trump supporters believing that people should be tolerant of intolerant "opinions."

When I was younger, I had a philosophy teacher that once said that "one of the most dangerous/stupid things people learn in school and at home, is that all opinions are valid, they they all have the same value, and that opinions can't be wrong"

When I was in his class, I used to disagree with him on that. As I've gotten older, I've learned what he meant and where he was coming. And boy, was he right.

OP
OP
Rosebud

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I don't really disagree with him in general. But there are always exceptions. My girlfriend has a bunch of allergy and breathing problems and has to wear a mask all day at work. They genuinely make her nose bleed and bother her breathing so I understand why she doesn't like masks. The problem is all the ignorant fucks who won't wear masks, they need to wear them to protect people like her who struggle to wear them outside of work for valid reasons.

I feel cory on this. It sucked not being able to visit my mom when she had a kidney transplant in August.

I'm sure that's not what he meant. Like when people say "anti-vaxxers", they aren't talking about people with allergies that can't take them.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Good on Barlog. Hope his family gets through it.

Recently so-called "fans" have been crawling out of their holes, eyes wide in shock that their favourite games person not only doesn't share their political views, but downright shuns them. It happened with Kinda Funny and it's showing here, too. These people need a reality check.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
Reading that response gave me a STRONG urge to preorder a game that I've seen no footage of!

The power of being awesome ladies and gentlemen.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
I would pay good money for the next GOW to be in modern day where you give Trump the Zeus beatdown from GOW3.

BrandoBoySP

Oct 27, 2017

Good thing is, those few people aren't who are being talked about with this stuff. People with medical conditions that make masks legitimately difficult (or even harmful) to wear are inherently more at risk from COVID. Plus, they have some options (like face shields), but they're also often exempted from mask ordinances. Thing is, with so many people that are rabidly anti-mask, they might get dirty looks or have someone say something in public. I'd personally rather have someone say something (not harass anyone!) if someone isn't wearing a mask since the number of anti-maskers is gigantic (and they're loud about it!), but I get the concerns.

May 27, 2019
Bay Area, CA
I'm sure that's not what he meant. Like when people say "anti-vaxxers", they aren't talking about people with allergies that can't take them.
When I was younger, I had a philosophy teacher that once said that "one of the most dangerous/stupid things people learn in school and at home, is that all opinions are valid, they they all have the same value, and that opinions can't be wrong"

When I was in his class, I used to disagree with him on that. As I've gotten older, I've learned what he meant and where he was coming. And boy, was he right.

It comes down to respect + expression of opinion in good faith imo. US-centric discourse gets so tied up in the "free speech" argument -- but it's not one made in good faith. It's an intention misreading of what the 1st ammendemnt is. That not only are you legally allowed to have any opinion (which you are), but that "all opinions are equal." It's so destructive that the latter is equated to the former -- imo in bad faith.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
He's not wrong

Who are they kidding? Of course they will.

This. You can pretty much say whatever you want and people will still buy games, though that unfortunately goes both ways like people not caring about THQ Nordic's 8chan AMA.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Antimaskers are exactly why I'm fucking terrified of my grandma I live with getting sick and dying (or me, since I'm 22, and have a BMI of 28 with high anxiety, so I have no idea if I'd end up dead getting this). We have a couple down the street that openly brag and think this is weaker than the flu, so they come over to our house maskless once a week and sit right next to my grandma after the mom comes home from daycare. i don't know where they've fucking been, why aren't you wearing a FUCKING MASK that I HAND TO YOU! I told them 10000000000x to wear a mask around my grandma but I just get laughed at by all three of them for being "paranoid" and feel powerless and it makes me worry fucking SICK. The mom vapes excessively too so I worry moreso whenever they do it when visiting indoors so I've tried to get them outside to hope it leads to some sort of distancing... But I feel weak and powerless. :( I'd rather those two get sick instead of my grandma, but I just know if they were starting to my grandma would probably get ill as well so I probably shouldn't wish that. Plus we shouldn't be picking and wanting people to get sick with this awful thing.

I really really hope Cory's father recovers. But god damn it, this stresses me out beyond belief. I don't want to get sick nor do I want my caretaker to, and anyone who just openly doesn't give a shit and puts others in danger is someone I don't want to fucking be around. Nobody needs to live the nightmare some of us are fearing.

Lueken

Dec 15, 2017
I like Cory. Hope his father recovers, and they can spend time together in-person again. Couldn't imagine being unable to be with a loved one during those circumstances.

sbenji

Jul 25, 2019
like, imaging reading that tweet about his father, and having the audacity to go "but you wont be able to sell your stuff". thanks for confirming what Barlog said, dipshit.

you have to remember that indoctrination in the us means that money >= people for many people. Very sad.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
haha... "i'm not buying your game."

Yeah right. Wanna see the receipts on these losers that say this. They definitely still went to see Captain Marvel, bought tloup2 and will buy God of War.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
I am sorry to hear about Mr Barlog's father. He always struck me as a solid dude. His rage and hurt are understandable.

Myself

Nov 4, 2017
Cory is not incorrect. I feel for you US folks that aren't Trump supporters; seeing your country in the state it's in must drive you all insane.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I'm so damn glad people are not taking shit from Trump supporters anymore. Enough is enough. Anyone supporting Trump can get the hell out of my life. They can stop posting on Era. They can stop buying the same video games I do. Everyone with any thought needs to realize how much of a shit hole Trump is. Any remaining followers of his are mindless. I'm very glad Cory spoke up here. I strongly suggest everyone does. We're a country divided but it's best we weed out the filth. I'm not about trying to even attempt to convince Trump supporters anymore. They're a lost cause.