• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
This is one of those situations where I'd prefer a remake over a new game. After Dark Dawn I don't really trust Nintendo to put out a good new game.

A remake of Golden Sun + Lost Age would be awesome, though.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
A new Golden Sun game that lives up to the GBA titles? My dream, basically...

But after Dark Dawn which is a comparatively terrible game despite retaining most of the staff from back then I sorta lost all hope for the franchise. Like, I don't even care for a DD sequel. I'd rather that game gets ignored entirely story wise etc.

On another note, that GS OST, man.

Honestly, I feel the same way. Like, on its own, Dark Dawn is a mediocre to average game, but it being unable to live up to its legacy in any front really brought it down a lot in my eyes. It was a big disappointment in both design and story.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Never played any of the Golden Sun games, but as long as it's on the smouldering ashes of Flier Emblem and not Fire Emblem... I say give it to him, Nintendo.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I would gladly burn Xenoblade series down to atoms if it meant Baten Kaitos could return.

Never really cared for Golden Sun. Like they were fun but nothing super special. Never understood the reverence.

base_two

Oct 27, 2017
I would gladly burn Xenoblade series down to atoms if it meant Baten Kaitos could return.

Never really cared for Golden Sun. Like they were fun but nothing super special. Never understood the reverence.

The graphics were insane for a handheld game at the time, the sprites and effect work were top notch (especially the Djinn summons), and the puzzles and dungeon design were notably way better than what you'd expect out of a JRPG. Probably had some of the most substantial gameplay out of the battle system I've played in a JRPG.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You know, with The Show also being on Nintendo, anything is possible now.

Right?

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Combine Golden Sun 1 and 2 together into a continuous experience as it was meant to be and remake it for Switch please. I don't even need a proper sequel at that point.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really want a new Silent Hill game, so?
Well you didn't make 2018's critically acclaimed game of the year so that's why no one's making threads about you wanting a Silent Hill game. It's a game with a cult following that doesn't get shown any love from Nintendo, so it's pretty neat when someone behind such a big game expresses his love like this. And I say this as someone who's never played the golden sun

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
One of the biggest things on my probably-won't-happen wishlist is for Nintendo to not endlessly throw Camelot at Mario sports games for once, and make this happen instead:

97GH5gm.jpg

Deleted member 38050

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 10, 2018
I recently played through the first Golden Sun again and even though I love it, it definitely could benefit from a remake- specifically the dialogue. The games script is infuriating at times, it's like 90% just characters reacting to things other characters are saying.

Neoleo2143

Oct 27, 2017
Golden Sun's Script is really bad and the game has cool stuff but man the story elements being kind of boring and nonsensical kind of bring it down. But otherwise it has interesting mechanics that are used well enough in lost age and good puzzle design. It also looks nice.

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
I don't get why Golden Sun is so revered. The first two games are decent, but nothing special (Superstar Saga, the GBA Pokemon games, and the GBA Fire Emblems were much better).

In regards to sacrificing a franchise to bring back another, I said this in the Nintendo Direct thread, but Xenoblade 2 is awful, and with its success, things aren't looking bright for the series. Let Xenoblade die with some degree of dignity. Conversely, we haven't had a Paper Mario game since 2007 (Man, it's been a long time).

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Cory has good fucking taste.

Also, yes, where is GS4, Nintendo?

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
The question is who would develop a new Golden Sun. I really doubt Camelot is up to the job these days. You could give it to someone like Monolithsoft, but that seems pointless if the premise of this thread is that you don't like Xenoblade.

Chie Satonaka

Oct 25, 2017
While I don't agree with getting rid of any those other franchises for obvious reasons, I'd love to see a new Golden Sun that's given the time and budget it deserves.

Oh, also, Cory Barlog seems like a pretty okay dude based on his twitter feed.

octopedes

Feb 3, 2018
Imagine a Golden Sun in the style of Breath of the Wild. Imagine a Pokemon in the style of Breath of the Wild. Oh man, would be good times

Oct 26, 2017
I think we'd be better off with a remake of those games by Camelot than a new entry. I don't think they have the right team for a new modern Golden Sun and, plus, a remake would let them take a look back at what worked so well on the GBA. Of course, the series is a bit too niche for it to get much attention in this day and age, especially if Nintendo continues to make new IPs