• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
5415.jpg

Thousands of protesters from across the UK gathered in London's Trafalgar Square on Saturday afternoon to protest against coronavirus restrictions and reject mass vaccinations.

The event, which began at noon, drew a broad coalition including coronavirus sceptics, 5G conspiracy theorists and so-called "anti-vaxxers".

Carrying placards railing against the World Health Organization, Bill Gates and the government restrictions to reduce the spread of coronavirus, the demonstrators called for an end to movement restrictions and mandatory face coverings. Many placards described the coronavirus pandemic as a "hoax" or "scam".

Among those due to speak were Piers Corbyn, the weather forecaster and older brother of the former Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn, the former newspaper columnist and health journalist Dr Vernon Coleman, and the conspiracist celebrity David Icke.

The demonstration mirrored an event in Berlin on Saturday, which drew 18,000 coronavirus sceptics before being dispersed by police in the early afternoon.

www.theguardian.com

Coronavirus sceptics, conspiracy theorists and anti-vaxxers protest in London

Thousands gather in Trafalgar Square to hear calls for lockdown rules to be removed

What is going in the world?

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
Now these are the kinds of people I'd like to build a wall around. Sure, give them food and water and stuff, but keep them in there for two weeks and see how they're feeling after that. Would keep them from going home and infecting their families and neighbors at least.

ps3ud0

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Getting deja vu to that Brexit party - what did Jon Snow say again?

ps3ud0 8)

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
I'm convinced that no matter what, there will always be a very sizable portion of the population that is lost-cause stupid, easily receptive to propaganda and misinformation, and a hindrance to progress. They're garbage people and we will always have to live with them.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
I'm convinced that no matter what, there will always be a very sizable portion of the population that is lost-cause stupid, easily receptive to propaganda and misinformation, and a hindrance to progress. They're garbage people and we will always have to live with them.
Yes but i also believe there is a concerted effort to recruit these types of low information people to these conspiracies to create conflict and disrupt

Someone is pulling those strings in social media like "Q" and it's no accident. These people then lather themselves up into this nonsense. Holy hell we had a Q rally here in Phoenix AZ yesterday and it shocked the shit out of me. Normal looking people acting like fucking cheese doodles but "willing to die to save the children". FFS

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Biological terrorists. That should be the name used to describe scum like this.

Social Media has become a weapon for the intentionally ill-informed, and the time has long past for outlets and individuals to be held to account.

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I wonder why a US based conspiracy media source like Qanon has so much weight across western countries.

They are basically spewing the same shit, doing the same protest albeit in lower numbers.

Oct 26, 2017
Totally totally normal and very cool. Even when there is a vaccine, these cunts will delay any kind of immunity. They're already the reason we have such a high infection rate.

Oct 30, 2017
Between reading this and the German potests numbering in the thousands so much of the world is simply lost and selfish as they can't bear to think it exact what it is, a new disease is ravaging the world.

No, it has to be fake because "reasons" and want to take zero responsibility for themselves and others not wanting everyone try help us all make through this.

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017
I have no qualms about any of these fuckers getting it and possibly dying from it. The problem is that they will spread it.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
Who are the real snowflakes here? Seems like the right wing are the most fearful, the most reactionary. Total state of denial.

Oct 27, 2017
That's one grizzled-looking fascist.

The last time we did all this we spent years, millions of lives and treasure that could have been spent feeding, clothing and housing those with the least among us, beating back the specter of authoritarianism and anti-intellectualism

How much will it take this time?

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
Every single one of these people look like they're already carrying a myriad of diseases and health issues.

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
I'm out of the loop but what is happening in the hotels?. I am avoiding the news sites at the moment because of how much of a downer it is reading them.

Some asylum applicants are staying in hotels (which have no customers now, for obvious reasons) because social distancing isn't possible in their usual accommodation. But I was more making a sarcastic point that while that poster hopes the rogues in this thread are a vocal minority, that the silent majority really aren't any better.

Mr Coopz

Jul 21, 2019
You've got ya Brexiteers, fascists, Anti Vaxxers, Qanoners, Ike, Katie Hopkins, the fucking lot. Maybe some crazy supreme leader really does need to push the red button.

Oct 25, 2017
Hull, England
Some asylum applicants are staying in hotels (which have no customers now, for obvious reasons) because social distancing isn't possible in their usual accommodation. But I was more making a sarcastic point that while that poster hopes the rogues in this thread are a vocal minority, that the silent majority really aren't any better.
Ah right I understand, thank you for replying.

Mr Coopz

Jul 21, 2019
Who wants to bet that the idiots there protesting against the governments Covid actions will vote for that same government come next election.

Deleted member 62221

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 17, 2019
This stupid Qanon shit is spreading everywhere, I've seen posts supporting it here in Chile (followed only by the most extreme right wingers but still).
Weaponized stupidity will be the end of us unless we kill it in its cradle.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly cannot believe that we've reached this point of being human beings, I truly don't understand how some people have become so selfish and stupid, it's beyond frightening.