• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
TLDR: Some asshole was explicitly told not to come into contact with others after being diagnosed with Corona. But decided to attend a netwroking event anyway. Holy shit. We are fucked.

"The first patient, despite having been directed to self-isolate, attended an invitation-only private event on Friday," the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) warned in a release.

Having defied the first directive, the hospital worker was "issued an official order of isolation" after officially testing positive on Monday, officials said.

A close colleague of his at the hospital then became the Granite State's second confirmed case on Tuesday, their hospital confirmed.

"An investigation of those who were in close contact with that individual is underway and all close contacts have been notified," the college co-chairs wrote in the warning.

"At this time, there are no Dartmouth students considered to be close contacts," the email said while conceding it was a "stressful time for many people in our community."

nypost.com

Coronavirus patient ignored self-isolation order to go to business event

New Hampshire’s first coronavirus patient shrugged off his quarantine and went to an event in a different state — potentially exposing almost 200 people to the deadly illness, officials revealed. T…

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Am I reading that correct, a hospital worker out of all people did something that fucking stupid?

OP
OP
Video Games Are Dumb
Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI

joe1138

Oct 28, 2017
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
My boss had a heart attack 2 weeks ago and was back in the office 2 days later.

People are insane.
Seen this before, I jsut don't get it. I could see if you were the owner but I seen middle managers do it, like the company wouldn't roll your cooling body out of the chair for the person they hired to replace you

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Am I reading that correct, a hospital worker out of all people did something that fucking stupid?

My wife is a nurse so (obviously!) she works with other nurses and doctors. One of her doctor colleagues was in Korea for two weeks and then came back to the office like it was no big deal. They had to call the health department to force him to leave and he's now quarantined for two weeks.

Conclusion: People are dumb jerks.

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Probably one of those people who think it's comparable to the common cold. Otherwise known as an idiot.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's incredibly selfish and self-centered. That person made the direct decision that their own self-interests is more important than the health of their fellow society members. Super gross, I hope this leads to massive self-reflection for them and that they understand their actions might now directly lead to the death of other people.

Vagabond

Oct 26, 2017
United States
The hospital probably sent him home with 0 supplies, minimal instruction and minimal patient information. My hospital is barred from sending any potential cases any patient education that is not from the CDC - but the CDC has yet to provide ANYTHING to anyone aside from their news website. We were only allowed to test a couple of days ago and before then we had to send samples to a lab and wait 7+ days for a result.

Not trying to take blame away from the patient but there are a lot of other factors at play as well

Dec 6, 2017
US
I keep worrying about and wondering how many Americans will actually stay home from work when being explicitly told to do so. I can already see bosses hand-waiving away concerns and employees ignoring doctor's orders because they can't afford losing pay and/or angering their boss by being human and getting ill.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
This is infuriating.

People surprised it was a medical worker have clearly never had a conversation with people in the medical field about the flu-shot.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Outstanding outrageous examples like this, I would find it hard for most people to go into self isolation right away..

Some people don't drive and take car sharing apps or public transportation. People might want to stock up on food and supplies so they will go into grocery stores and pharmacy stores. Some people can't just call of the next few days out right so they will go into their place of work, which might be an Amazon fulfillment center.

Even if someone ordered to get food delivered, they will still interact my delivery person who will then deliver to someone else.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Infuriating but it's been absolutely drilled into North American culture to never take sick days and power through. Not to mention to potential lack of sick leave pay.

This will 100% keep happening.