• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
Great episode, he does seem to be pissed in a genuine way I havent seen before. Made some really great points.

I keep wondering what is going to change culturally long term after all this.
Is celebrity culture going to take a serious hit?
Are companies now be able to transition faster to a permanent home office setup? What will that do to large commercial complexes?
Are people going to beable to accept science easier?

I am focusing on today and a year from now. If I think about next week its overwhelming. Its a weird feeling

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i didn't know the us is making the states enter a bid war to getting resources to face the crisis

but somehow i'm not surprised

being italian (albeit living in another country) i am in no place to criticize anyone about the response, but what the fuck america?

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
i didn't know the us is making the states enter a bid war to getting resources to face the crisis

being italian (albeit living in another country) i am in no place to criticize anyone about the response, but what the fuck america?

The American President is a piece of shit.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting a video unavailable message, how do I get around this again? I know there's a way but I've scrubbed it from my mind.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

There is a similar thing happening in europe and in federal states of member countries as well (Germany). At the start of the crisis member states started banning export of medical protective gear. Now they have found a european solution. However this is just a fraction of the issues.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
The Jesus / Easter joke was pretty good.

Trump is pathetic but how many tens of millions of Americans are going to vote for him again?

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
This country does need a leader with one message to get the states to work together. This infighting, capitalistic death cult, and delusion is not helping.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
"For once something has come along that is more toxic and threatening than this president and somehow, he's got fucking stage envy."

Ha.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
You can really feel his frustration.
I'm not American but I definitely feel for you folks, I hope there will be some justice eventually and Trump will be held accountable for his criminal mistreatment of this crisis.
I cannot believe some of the things he said in this vid, I'm surprised by the fact that I can still be surprised by how insane he is.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Something the people calling to feed the elderly to capitalism never mention is the implications of traumatising an entire generation of healthcare workers
hell, even before all this, the normalization of death in a medical workplace has its limits, there's only so much you can realistically expect them to endure

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Where's the gif, people?

Come on

edit: HOLY SHIT at the people talking about killing themselves to protect the economy [whatever that even means] for future generations. What the fuck.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ha, his expression in the thumbnail kind of says it all

EDIT: Take it back, the woman signing says it all with her face, lmao

Last edited:

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Where's the gif, people?

Come on

edit: HOLY SHIT at the people talking about killing themselves to protect the economy [whatever that even means] for future generations. What the fuck.

What they really mean is killing others to protect their bottom dollar. The ones largely calling for mass sacrifice aren't the ones being sacrificed.

If they were, we might actually come out of this a better nation.

Last edited:

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The irony of that dude telling people to get back outside and working while he's at home.

LordFish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone got a mirror to all 3 parts?

EDIT: OK wtf, the last video showing for me on the last week tonight YT page is from over a month ago with none of the coronavirus clips showing. They wont even come up in a youtube search OR a google search. If I google "coronavirus III john oliver" or "coronavirus III oliver" or coronavirus III john" it removes the video search option from the results, if i just search coronavirus III it gives me the video results option and then i can add john oliver to search, but still none of the offical YT clips* come up only the clips of him talking about it on the late show.
I thought it was just YT region thing but other than these specific clips it seems all good, for instance when i got to the official LWT YT channel and go to videos than sort by upload date this is the most recent clip:

I mean wtf right?

*It does lead me to the official HBO site (but only in the video results, i dont even get the HBO page in general results) and that works, so not a region thing? Im so confused.

Last edited:

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Glenn Beck advocating that other people leave the safety of their homes to jumpstart the economy for his benefit is absolutely vile.

Megachurches like the aforementioned one in Florida are pushing back against the CDC because their tithe numbers aren't what they used to be 🙄. Can't buy that private jet if your numbers are in the gutter.

kamen_tater

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone got a mirror to all 3 parts?

EDIT: OK wtf, the last video showing for me on the last week tonight YT page is from over a month ago with none of the coronavirus clips showing. They wont even come up in a youtube search OR a google search. If I google "coronavirus III john oliver" or "coronavirus III oliver" or coronavirus III john" it removes the video search option from the results, if i just search coronavirus III it gives me the video results option and then i can add john oliver to search, but still none of the offical YT clips* come up only the clips of him talking about it on the late show.
I thought it was just YT region thing but other than these specific clips it seems all good, for instance when i got to the official LWT YT channel and go to videos than sort by upload date this is the most recent clip:

I mean wtf right?

*It does lead me to the official HBO site (but only in the video results, i dont even get the HBO page in general results) and that works, so not a region thing? Im so confused.

I believe it has something to do with google trying to not let people profit off of tragedies or spread misinformation. Most coronavirus stuff is removed from search, unless they are from news related channels.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Seriousness of the topic aside, with this and his last episode, I've noticed that I tend to laugh more when other people laugh? The deafening silence from the lack of an audience is really something.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
Coronavirus party in KY what the fuck?

giphy.gif

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017

It's a culmination of the states rights attitude some people have here. Apparently, the federal gov't outbid some states on equipment, which is amazing.

www.newsweek.com

Warren Says Trump Admin Preventing States From Buying Coronavirus Equipment

"These failures are resulting in a public health catastrophe," Warren tweeted Thursday.