• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Christ. Previously I thought it was reported that these people had tested positive AFTER arrival in the US. But nope, it was before flying back and they just decide to fly them with negative people as well. Fucking hell.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Christ. Previously I thought it was reported that these people had tested positive AFTER arrival in the US. But nope, it was before flying back and they just decide to fly them with negative people as well. Fucking hell.

Yup, they tested them the day before and got the results before boarding the plane, just separated them on the plane.
CDC couldn't do anything is weird. Must be some VIP's on there or something

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
So... I'm going Trip to Japan in mid April, tbh I haven't updated me with the newest News... should I be worried? Till now I haven't heard any concerns from my Travel agency where i booked and already paid the trip.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
So... I'm going Trip to Japan in mid April, tbh I haven't updated me with the newest News... should I be worried? Till now I haven't heard any concerns from my Travel agency where i booked and already paid the trip.
You really should at least be keeping a close eye on it. Things could get bad in the next couple of weeks now that they let loose the Diamond Princess passengers.

A couple people here have already canceled/postponed for March/April. I almost certainly will the way things are going, but I haven't pulled the trigger as I don't have a specific "deadline" other than before I go. I'm hoping that it gets better and I don't have to cancel, but I am not at all hopeful.

Officially there's no travel restrictions at this time. The CDC put out a Level 1 advisory but said advisory says they don't recommend canceling trips at this time.

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
You really should at least be keeping a close eye on it. Things could get bad in the next couple of weeks now that they let loose the Diamond Princess passengers.

A couple people here have already canceled/postponed for March/April. I almost certainly will the way things are going, but I haven't pulled the trigger as I don't have a specific "deadline" other than before I go. I'm hoping that it gets better and I don't have to cancel, but I am not at all hopeful.

Officially there's no travel restrictions at this time. The CDC put out a Level 1 advisory but said advisory says they don't recommend canceling trips at this time.

Well, i'm not going to canceled it yet, I really hope its gets better... we have to wait and see what happens. As I stated, I haven't heard or red anything from our Travel agency or the Swiss Travel Thingys, don't know how they called.

So you are planing to going there in April as well?

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Well, i'm not going to canceled it yet, I really hope its gets better... we have to wait and see what happens. As I stated, I haven't heard or red anything from our Travel agency or the Swiss Travel Thingys, don't know how they called.

Yes, my trip is scheduled for early April, so a bit before you.

Again, I wouldn't cancel yet unless you have pre-existing health conditions or are really, really worried. But do keep an eye on it. This thread is actually really good at posting updates.

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
Yes, my trip is scheduled for early April, so a bit before you.

Again, I wouldn't cancel yet unless you have pre-existing health conditions or are really, really worried. But do keep an eye on it. This thread is actually really good at posting updates.

Thanks Linkura... yeah I will keep an Eye on it. And no, lucky I didn't had any pre-existing health conditions, and of course I'm a little bit worried, but yeah, we can only hope that the whole situation gets better ond or they keep it under control.

Worst case scenario, I hope I can reschedule my vacation to a later date.. we will see.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017

I was going to be in Japan for 2 & a half weeks in April, but I had to back out since Japan is struggling to keep the virus under control. I simply cannot risk it, but a few others here are choosing to still go, so it's really up to you and your comfort level.

Sutton Dagger

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks Linkura... yeah I will keep an Eye on it. And no, lucky I didn't had any pre-existing health conditions, and of course I'm a little bit worried, but yeah, we can only hope that the whole situation gets better ond or they keep it under control.

Worst case scenario, I hope I can reschedule my vacation to a later date.. we will see.

I'm leaving from Australia on the 3rd of April and spending 2 weeks across Tokyo and Kyoto. Unless there is a direct travel warning issued by the Australian government I'll be going. In fact by all accounts it's a bit quieter than normal over there for major attractions so it should be an enjoyable trip. Unless you have major health concerns already or things drastically take turn for the worse in Japan I'm not sure why you'd cancel to be honest.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I'm leaving from Australia on the 3rd of April and spending 2 weeks across Tokyo and Kyoto. Unless there is a direct travel warning issued by the Australian government I'll be going. In fact by all accounts it's a bit quieter than normal over there for major attractions so it should be an enjoyable trip. Unless you have major health concerns already or things drastically take turn for the worse in Japan I'm not sure why you'd cancel to be honest.
I'm going almost entirely to Tokyo Disney so there's still gonna be throngs of people. And I have a propensity for sinus infections. Like I said, if it gets better I'll still go, but I don't like the odds at this point.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
rzIxZTm.png

Daegu and and Chenogdo Korea marked as "special care zones"
www.koreatimes.co.kr

Daegu, Cheongdo designated as 'special care zones' over coronavirus

The coronavirus infection here reached “an epidemic proportion” Friday as 102 people were confirmed to have contracted the highly-contagious virus, raising the total to 206, accord...

Daegu soldier could have the virus, currently in base quarantine
www.koreatimes.co.kr

Military to restrict all enlisted soldiers from vacationing over coronavirus

South Korea will start restricting all enlisted soldiers from vacationing, staying outside their bases and meeting visitors this weekend, the defense ministry said Thursday, after the Navy reported the first suspected coronavirus case among the country's service members.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
China, Japan, and South Korea simply don't have this under control. I wonder if it's because of the sheer amount of people who live in the cities there.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds...worse than SARS?

"Serious patients of the novel coronavirus pneumonia face higher risks of death than SARS patients, but intensified efforts to improve recovery have started to pay off, senior clinical experts said.

"Unlike SARS, which only targets the lungs, the novel coronavirus also attacks other important organs such as heart and kidneys and can result in multiple organ failure," Tong Zhaohui, vice-president of Beijing Chaoyang Hospital, said on Wednesday night in Wuhan."What's worse is that elderly people are more likely to be in serious condition, and it will be very difficult to save them if two or more organs fail at the same time."

www.chinadaily.com.cn

Serious patients' risks of death higher than SARS

Serious patients of the novel coronavirus pneumonia face higher risks of death than SARS patients, but intensified efforts to improve recovery have started to pay off, senior clinical experts said.

VikingJoseph

Oct 27, 2017
This implies Kuwaiti authorities know a lot more about spread and presence in Iran than any of us. And the it's far worse than we think.

I highly doubt they're just being cautious.

Thoughts Karak ?
I am not sure if the Kuwaiti government really knows more necessarily other than the circumstances of the cases in Iran being very concerning. The cases in Iran so far have no connection with someone from China (or even East/Southeast Asia for that matter) or someone who has interacted with people from China. The recent cases also sprouted out in Qom rather than Tehran and there has already been two deaths. Which given our current understanding of the death rate, that would seem to imply that there are already a significant amount of cases hospitals are about to further discover in Iran. I do not think it takes secret government sources to come to the conclusion that the five cases currently reported in Iran is probably a tiny fraction of the actual amount of infected currently in the country.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
China, Japan, and South Korea simply don't have this under control. I wonder if it's because of the sheer amount of people who live in the cities there.

Population density and mass transit is the common theme so far. I'll be more concerned if it breaks out in NY because it'll spread there and continually infect air travel.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Did the Iranians who've been confirmed infected even travel to China? I'm not finding an article stating yes or no.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Goddamn it. If this hits Seoul in a big way, the city will be fucked. I might look in to a ticket back to Canada if they can't get this under control.

If South Korea and Japan is out of control I think it's just a matter of time until all major cities start getting it unless we just ground flights everywhere.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
You know what makes this whole outbreak in Iran a whole lot more worrying? They have legislative elections today (February 21st). Tens of millions of people are about to go out and vote.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If South Korea and Japan is out of control I think it's just a matter of time until all major cities start getting it unless we just ground flights everywhere.
Yeah, Seoul and Tokyo are as cosmopolitan as it gets (even before the Olympics becomes a factor). If it becomes widespread in those cities it'll quickly spread to tons of others regions and cities around the world. The same would have been true if it had hit Beijing or Shanghai rather than Wuhan.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, so Iran potentially has a lot of infected people? Yeesh.
Don't worry, I'm sure the government that shot down a plane that took off moments earlier from their capital's airport will handle things in a reasonable way. I'm also sure that the same government that did its best to cover it up for days until everyone knew the truth anyway will also be transparent and open about it.

rubidium

Oct 25, 2017
If you remain infectious even after you are cured.. what should you then?
Keep being isolated for rest of your life?

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Don't worry, I'm sure the government that shot down a plane that took off moments earlier from their capital's airport will handle things in a reasonable way. I'm also sure that the same government that did its best to cover it up for days until everyone knew the truth anyway will also be transparent and open about it.

Yea, I don't trust China, but at least they're sharing information.

In other news:

Status
Not open for further replies.