• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 29, 2018

She's a hero, but also she's gonna be gone

Well, when you have hospitals full of sick people, from a disease that comes like this.... yeah, someone will suffer. It's not about evil regime, it's about the lack of necessities. Hospitals in Wuhan are full, there's not beds for everyone. Here, where I live, right next to Hubei province, people have beds, people have enough medication, so everything is fine... people are recovering. That woman lives in the epicenter of this, shortages are going to happen.

Saying the outbreak is planned, fights inside the party (the party just took out Hubei's local government)... I feel sorry for her situation but this is her desperation showing, which is completely normal (if this video is actually real).
Saying the outbreak was planned was ridiculous, but everything else she said is legit. We know plenty about China committing abhorrent actions against its own people and that they're more interested in controlling the populace so they can control optics than any meaningful progress.

That specific sentence seemed like a phrase born of sheer desperation, said out of pure emotion.

RoyalJCC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Dismissing Concerns of Human Rights Violations Over Multiple Posts
She's a hero, but also she's gonna be gone

Saying the outbreak was planned was ridiculous, but everything else she said is legit. We know plenty about China committing abhorrent actions against its own people and that they're more interested in controlling the populace so they can control optics than any meaningful progress.

That specific sentence seemed like a phrase born of sheer desperation, said out of pure emotion.
Yeah, that's what I am saying.

Honestly I don't see any actions here made by the authorities here that screams lack of freedom. I actually see the opposite, but I'm not everywhere every time to know it. But from my own experience, all minorities here are treated correctly and have their own freedom (Xi'an is actually a big city for muslim minorities) and my girlfriend belongs to a muslim family as well. But like I said, I'm not everywhere every time.

But now, about the virus: no new cases in Xi'an for the past 3 days. Numbers are going down basically everywhere but Wuhan. Let's hope it keeps that way.

Polymath

Oct 25, 2017
UK
RoyalJCC, you read like a Chinese troll:

Honestly I don't see any actions here made by the authorities here that screams lack of freedom.
Talk shit about the CCP, see where that gets you.

But from my own experience, all minorities here are treated correctly and have their own freedom.
Go ask the Uighurs.

my girlfriend belongs to a muslim family as well.
"I can't be racist, I have black friends".

But now, about the virus: no new cases in Xi'an for the past 3 days. Numbers are going down basically everywhere but Wuhan. Let's hope it keeps that way.
Ah yes, good ol' Chinese statistics that are 100% accurate

RoyalJCC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
RoyalJCC, you read like a Chinese troll:

Talk shit about the CCP, see where that gets you.

Go ask the Uighurs.

"I can't be racist, I have black friends".

Ah yes, good ol' Chinese statistics that are 100% accurate
Well, what should I believe in? On what I see and hear from people close to uyghurs or an internet guy/girl that I've never seen on my entire life that reads a few stuff online?

I'm not going to enter a discussion with you about this, this is no topic for that.

Last edited:

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
jamanetwork.com

Novel Coronavirus Infection in Hospitalized Infants Under 1 Year of Age in China

This study characterizes the demographic, epidemiologic, and clinical characteristics of hospitalized infants diagnosed with coronavirus disease 2019 infection between December 8, 2019, and February 6, 2020, in China.

I thought this was intriguing. A very small sample size, and based on Chinese government reporting, but it states that very few infants seem to have contracted COVID-19, and those that did had only very mild cases without needing any special care to recover. Normally I would've thought that the elderly and infants would be the most at-risk groups where you'd expect very severe consequences.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
jamanetwork.com

Novel Coronavirus Infection in Hospitalized Infants Under 1 Year of Age in China

This study characterizes the demographic, epidemiologic, and clinical characteristics of hospitalized infants diagnosed with coronavirus disease 2019 infection between December 8, 2019, and February 6, 2020, in China.

I thought this was intriguing. A very small sample size, and based on Chinese government reporting, but it states that very few infants seem to have contracted COVID-19, and those that did had only very mild cases without needing any special care to recover. Normally I would've thought that the elderly and infants would be the most at-risk groups where you'd expect very severe consequences.
I read this earlier. All I need to hear is infants aren't being infected as much. Of course it said one family got it first before the infant got it. Makes sense. None of them got in a critical condition which is great news

Redeye97

Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Well, what should I believe in? On what I see and hear from people close to uyghurs or an internet guy/girl that I've never seen on my entire life that reads a few stuff online?

I'm not going to enter a discussion with you about this, this is no topic for that.
Believe what you want, but also know people can be skeptical of you for the same reasons. Taking the word of some rando on the internet isn't always sound advice.

RoyalJCC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Believe what you want, but also know people can be skeptical of you for the same reasons. Taking the word of some rando on the internet isn't always sound advice.
Of course, never said to trust me. Just gave my opinion and experience on the matter.

I mean, we can do that without calling each others trolls and using the typical insults, right?

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
So, if this does start spreading in the US, is there anything special I could do besides the usual to avoid getting it? I take immunosuppressants so...should I like stop taking them? IF it gets bad here of course.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, if this does start spreading in the US, is there anything special I could do besides the usual to avoid getting it? I take immunosuppressants so...should I like stop taking them? IF it gets bad here of course.

Wash your hands (and how to do it properly) and the normal stuff.

Next step is to go full 10 Cloverfield Lane.

Polymath

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I mean, we can do that without calling each others trolls and using the typical insults, right?

I don't think calling you a troll was an insult tbh, I just call it as I see it. Hard stanning for the CCP would get an instaban on this forum, but you've taken a soft stanning approach which so far looks to have not gotten you banned.

Back to the women in the video in question, I do not believe the CCP orchestrated COVID-19 as party politics but I do believe their incompetence has put us on the edge of a global pandemic. All the other points the woman mentioned hold true in my opinion and probably 99% of the rest of the users on this board however at the end of the day her message wasn't meant for people like me to hear, it was a cry to her fellow Chinese citizens. If the responses are anything like yours, I don't see much hope for the people of China.

RoyalJCC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think calling you a troll was an insult tbh, I just call it as I see it. Hard stanning for the CCP would get an instaban on this forum, but you've taken a soft stanning approach which so far looks to have not gotten you banned.

Back to the women in the video in question, I do not believe the CCP orchestrated COVID-19 as party politics but I do believe their incompetence has put us on the edge of a global pandemic. All the other points the woman mentioned hold true in my opinion and probably 99% of the rest of the users on this board however at the end of the day her message wasn't meant for people like me to hear, it was a cry to her fellow Chinese citizens. If the responses are anything like yours, I don't see much hope for the people of China.
Wait, so, me saying what I see and talking with close people that belong to minorities and actually live in the place of what you are talking about and have close connections with that suppressed minority, clearly not supporting anything at all (because I NEVER said I agree with anything at all) means I'm a supporter and should be insta banned... hmmm, all right. Got you.

And calling me a troll is a clear insult because right away you simple threw away what I actually wrote that makes me say it. My girlfriend being a minority that has close contacts with uyghurs doesn't matter, what I see doesn't matter. Basically I have no way to discuss anything even though I'm actually here, living here and seeing these people everyday. But it's ok, I'm out of this discussion.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, so, me saying what I see and talking with close people that belong to minorities and actually live in the place of what you are talking about and have close connections with that suppressed minority, clearly not supporting anything at all (because I NEVER said I agree with anything at all) means I'm a supporter and should be insta banned... hmmm, all right. Got you.

And calling me a troll is a clear insult because right away you simple threw away what I actually wrote that makes me say it. My girlfriend being a minority that has close contacts with uyghurs doesn't matter, what I see doesn't matter. Basically I have no way to discuss anything even though I'm actually here, living here and seeing these people everyday. But it's ok, I'm out of this discussion.
So if an American poster said that his/her black friend/GF/spouse never had a negative interaction with the police and then used that anecdote to extrapolate that the police in the US were not racist that would seem reasonable? There's quite a lot of evidence that China treats the Uyghurs terribly. Peddling a story that all is well on that front is in really poor taste.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I do that already so..yay?

The fact that I will be the easiest person to infect in my entire social circle is really scary :(

Honestly I won't be surprised if you are actually the least likely to get it, if you are already taking precautions by washing your hands more often. Other thing would be to avoid crowds, not touch your face. You are probably doing what other people aren't because most people take their health for granted. You are already doing what you can to prevent get regular viruses.

RoyalJCC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So if an American poster said that his/her black friend/GF/spouse never had a negative interaction with the police and then used that anecdote to extrapolate that the police in the US were not racist that would seem reasonable? There's quite a lot of evidence that China treats the Uyghurs terribly. Peddling a story that all is well on that front is in really poor taste.
Who the hell said all is well? I gave my knowledge of what I saw, of what I saw. I'm not saying they're not doing it over there in Xinjiang, I'm telling what I saw here and the experience of the people there. Because one thing is when everyone agrees with the same (like the police thing you're talking about in the US) and people there confirm it, other is when the people living there actually contradict what we actually see.

Oh yeah, they're brainwashed or they go to jail. I forgot that. /s

Seriously out of this conversation because this is not the thread for it.

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
Seems Japan as raised containment measures on the mainland

Asking residents to avoid large crowds and gatherings and suggesting people work from home if possible

ph.news.yahoo.com

Latest News & Current Event Updates | Yahoo News Singapore

Discover the latest news and headlines on breaking news stories and in-depth coverage with photos and videos from trending hot topics to viral news.
This coupled with the article below makes for a fun read:
https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/japan-naked-festival-intl-hnk/index.html

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
Honestly I won't be surprised if you are actually the least likely to get it, if you are already taking precautions by washing your hands more often. Other thing would be to avoid crowds, not touch your face. You are probably doing what other people aren't because most people take their health for granted. You are already doing what you can to prevent get regular viruses.
That's more reassuring, thanks.

Crossing my fingers! >.<

Mar 29, 2018

There are entire documentaries, including footage and direct testimonial, about how Uyghurs are being treated.

There are entire documentaries, including footage and direct testimonial, about people being disappeared by the government for speaking up about the CCP.

You can guarantee there will be documentaries, including footage and direct testimonial, about the lack of communication, the fluffing of information, and the brutal lockdown during COVID19.

We pretty much have it already. Direct info about how much they've withheld and their brutal actions. There were countless direct stories of the police breaking up social events as if they were drug deals - smashing tables and beating people. Just this month. Countless stories of this.

Garchia3.0

Dec 20, 2018
Seems Japan as raised containment measures on the mainland

Asking residents to avoid large crowds and gatherings and suggesting people work from home if possible

ph.news.yahoo.com

Latest News & Current Event Updates | Yahoo News Singapore

Discover the latest news and headlines on breaking news stories and in-depth coverage with photos and videos from trending hot topics to viral news.

So it begins... I hope Japan is able to contain it successfully. Singapore has been doing a great job so far.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Do you easily get the flu? What do you generally do in public or in gatherings when you think someone might be sick? The same precautions apply here. In the worst-case scenario of a total outbreak in your area, it would simply be best to avoid any crowded places and any prolonged exposure to meeting strangers face to face. The biggest danger is probably a friend or family member catching it, because that sort of proximity is hard to avoid. So far in Singapore it's been pretty easy to trace how each person could have caught it. There are some question marks here and there which is why the situation has escalated, but by large it is still not something that's entirely "in the wild," and we're the #1 affected country outside of China.

DSync

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if this is not the right place to post this

Should I be concerned about buying anything from Japan and having it shipped to me (UK)

...I just wanted to buy some Japanese Pokemon Cards

The site I use is meccha japan

Sorry i don't really know the whole ins and outs of this virus and thought I'd rather ask then risk it

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if this is not the right place to post this

Should I be concerned about buying anything from Japan and having it shipped to me (UK)

...I just wanted to buy some Japanese Pokemon Cards

The site I use is meccha japan

Sorry i don't really know the whole ins and outs of this virus and thought I'd rather ask then risk it
no

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
no as in don't do it

or no as in no you'll be fine?
There is pretty much zero chance that you will get the virus from trading cards shipped from Japan even if the person selling them is infected and spat on the cards. By the time they are packed, shipped, air-flown, and delivered, the virus would be dead.

But if you think that the person selling them might spit on the cards, that might be a good reason to not buy them, regardless of infection! :D

Garchia3.0

Dec 20, 2018
One of the unfortunate consequences of building a hospital in 10 days. They now have to deal with water leakages.

DSync

Oct 27, 2017
There is pretty much zero chance that you will get the virus from trading cards shipped from Japan even if the person selling them is infected and spat on the cards. By the time they are packed, shipped, air-flown, and delivered, the virus would be dead.

But if you think that the person selling them might spit on the cards, that might be a good reason to not buy them, regardless of infection! :D

Thank you so much! :)

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think anyone expected this to be quality craftsmanship.
Yeah, it's still impressive (and needed) that they were able to build the facility so quickly. Hopefully they can fix this one and the future quick built hospitals enough to keep them viable until there's no longer an emergency.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
User banned (3 days): Ignoring staff post with regard to unverified information and fearmongering
The video of people collapsing to their death out of nowhere looks like something out of a horror movie.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have no doubt that the government dont mind giving embellished number, but i don't see the point on lying on stuff that can be easy disproven in few weeks.
20160514_cnp501.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.