• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
All I know is, I would rather be broke and alive than rich and dead.

tenor.gif

Ramble

Sep 21, 2019
Anyone have an update on Chinese citizen journalists Chen Qiushi and Fang Bin? Last information I had is they have both been detained by authorities.

cjbenny

Oct 29, 2017
I have an internship in Japan later this summer, I hope we have insight into how widespread this might be by then. It's been pretty nervewracking following this thread every day.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
the mask is not really gonna keep you safe. Like the video mentioned, it is to keep you from infecting others if you are infected.

I swear we need to post this on the top of every goddamn page of this thread or something.

(And yes, for those of you in the back there this is why some of the medical staff you're seeing in photos are not wearing masks.)

Uhyve

Oct 25, 2017
This is concern trolling at this point.
Listening to the CDC/WHO numbers isn't concern trolling.

If someone is in an area or situation where extra care is required, you don't want them thinking it's not even as bad as the flu. Being careful often means inconvenience, if you give people an excuse to avoid inconvenience, they almost always will.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Two teens have been charged after pulling a costly coronavirus prank at a Walmart in Joliet, Illinois, according to police. Tyler D. Wallace, 19, walked into the Walmart Sunday afternoon wearing a handmade sign on his back that said "Caution I have the coronavirus." Wallace put on a yellow medical mask and began spraying Lysol on products and produce, police say. Wallace turned himself into police Thursday and was charged with misdemeanor counts of disorderly conduct, retail theft and criminal trespass to property. A 17-year-old boy who was in the store with Wallace was arrested on misdemeanor counts of disorderly conduct and criminal trespass.
"It appears to have been a prank that went too far," Joliet Police Sgt. Chris Botzum told the Associated Press.
Just a prank that went too far bro

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Stop spreading dangerous disinformation. I'll stick with the WHO info that concludes the case fatality rate and complication rates dwarf those of the seasonal flu. If you think this isn't a big deal why did China's health system completely melt down. They deal with the seasonal flu every year. Did you realize that? The Coronavirus is a completely different beast from SARS or Ebola which had far higher death rates but a much smaller spread.

Downplaying the situation isn't any different from over exaggerating it. Both should be called out.

This is probably the most useful data I've come across, via NYT. The large area of pink is intended to depict the uncertainty in the estimates.

Capture.png

Case fatality above seasonal flu but below SARS, MERS and most of the epidemic flus. Relatively comparable infectivity though, though probably towards the higher end of the listed respiratory viruses. Note fatality rate is on a log scale.

[also notable what a terrifyingly infectious virus measles is - highlights really just how irresponsible anti-vax is]

Apologies if this has been posted already.

Ramble

Sep 21, 2019
For anyone worried about the coronavirus, this would be a good time to work on your general disaster preparedness and hygiene protocols. Most people don't practice basic hygiene like proper hand washing.

Do you have a small supply of clean drinking water? Non-perishable foods? Do you have an emergency safety plan in place with your loved ones? Do you have a "go bag" prepared for each family member, in the event you would need to rapidly leave your home?

These are basic steps anyone can take to be prepared in the face of any emergency.

Mar 29, 2018

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno about you guys but I take the flu super seriously. Get the flu shot every single year as soon as I can and even though it only protects against a certain number of strains, it's still better than nothing.

This coronavirus has no vaccines yet. That's why it's scary.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Racist Stereotypes
When a virus like this spr
Hopefully all this leads to a big crackdown on all the inhumane shit we do to all these animals.
Especially rural China with their stupid superstitions. Eat this rhyno horn dust it'll make you're penis as hard as a rhinos horn bro.

Mar 29, 2018
This is probably the most useful data I've come across, via NYT. The large area of pink is intended to depict the uncertainty in the estimates.

Capture.png

Case fatality above seasonal flu but below SARS, MERS and most of the epidemic flus. Relatively comparable infectivity though, though probably towards the higher end of the listed respiratory viruses. Note fatality rate is on a log scale.

[also notable what a terrifyingly infectious virus measles is - highlights really just how irresponsible anti-vax is]

Apologies if this has been posted already.
Insanely useful graphic, thanks

Especially rural China with their stupid superstitions. Eat this rhyno horn dust it'll make you're penis as hard as a rhinos horn bro.
Rural everywhere is like that.

Ramble

Sep 21, 2019
I dunno about you guys but I take the flu super seriously. Get the flu shot every single year as soon as I can and even though it only protects against a certain number of strains, it's still better than nothing.

This coronavirus has no vaccines yet. That's why it's scary.

Yes, the problem is that so many people don't take the flu seriously, so things like proper hygiene are a joke. Which only spreads disease faster.

DeeDubs

Oct 28, 2017
A childhood friend of mine travels a lot for his job and was supposed to be in Wuhan recently. He ended up switching with a colleague and traveled to SK and Taiwan instead. His colleague caught and died from nCorona back in January. He said that they make him get a temp scan just to even get into his hotel breakfast area every morning and can't leave without wearing a mask to go to work. This might not add anything to this thread, but it just hit close to home. We've been friends since we were five, and I'm worried about him.

Deleted member 49319

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 4, 2018

Rhino horn according to TCM is "cold" which won't help harden anyone's penis. We eat bull's penis instead.
Do your homework before posting this kind of stuff, thank you.
hcvHglV.png

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stop spreading dangerous disinformation. I'll stick with the WHO info that concludes the case fatality rate and complication rates dwarf those of the seasonal flu. If you think this isn't a big deal why did China's health system completely melt down. They deal with the seasonal flu every year. Did you realize that? The Coronavirus is a completely different beast from SARS or Ebola which had far higher death rates but a much smaller spread.

Downplaying the situation isn't any different from over exaggerating it. Both should be called out.

It's infuriating to see that bullshit here.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
A childhood friend of mine travels a lot for his job and was supposed to be in Wuhan recently. He ended up switching with a colleague and traveled to SK and Taiwan instead. His colleague caught and died from nCorona back in January. He said that they make him get a temp scan just to even get into his hotel breakfast area every morning and can't leave without wearing a mask to go to work. This might not add anything to this thread, but it just hit close to home. We've been friends since we were five, and I'm worried about him.
That's fucking horrible. I'm sure your friend is having severe survivor's guilt. :(

Garchia3.0

Dec 20, 2018

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
I have an internship in Japan later this summer, I hope we have insight into how widespread this might be by then. It's been pretty nervewracking following this thread every day.

Stress and anxiety are killers too. I suggest you stop following this thread and enjoy life a bit. You'll see what happens a few months from now. It is beyond your control anyway.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Man, the number of serious/critical in Hubei jumped from 4002 to 5,195 (1007 critical / 4188 serious).

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Westerdam cruiser account

- night before they were denied entry into Japan free open bar to calm down people
- only $250 given for cancelled airplane tickets
- yesterday we asked a nurse what was happening in the sick bay, to which she sort of evaded the question but did note there was a lot of activity
- upon request, passengers can receive a voucher for two hours worth of free WiFi
- possible final destination could be Hawaii with no quarantine since the boat is acting as a quarantine

Lishi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, even in my tiny town of Yangshou, a lot of the apartment complexes/gardens aren't allowing in anyone who isn't a resident. So no more having friends over to socialize.

Eh those mahjong games were a health hazard, killed probably thousands with passive smoke.

I understand restricting the games and the shops, not really destroying the tables. Eventually you need to returns to the normal, even if they was getting passive smoke.

dhlt25

Oct 27, 2017
Westerdam cruiser account

- night before they were denied entry into Japan free open bar to calm down people
- only $250 given for cancelled airplane tickets
- yesterday we asked a nurse what was happening in the sick bay, to which she sort of evaded the question but did note there was a lot of activity
- upon request, passengers can receive a voucher for two hours worth of free WiFi
- possible final destination could be Hawaii with no quarantine since the boat is acting as a quarantine
That's crazy, no way Hawaii people gonna let them dock, we have 0 facility here to quarantine people in case shit hit the fan

Erik Zarkov

Dec 4, 2017
Eh those mahjong games were a health hazard, killed probably thousands with passive smoke.

I understand restricting the games and the shops, not really destroying the tables. Eventually you need to returns to the normal, even if they was getting passive smoke.

Be sure to also avoid the men's bathrooms as well. The stalls get used by guys as a place to hide for a smoke break all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.